Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 07:39:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Professionals (1966)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Professionals (1966)  (Read 22440 times)
HEX
« on: October 03, 2005, 07:44:17 PM »

hey i have heard nothing but good stuff about this flick. havent seen it myself. i was wondering what u guys think. is it worth a buy? since i hate watching films on t.v.( the tele) i have to buy it. is it worth it?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 08:46:33 PM »

Its very good, there are two versions here , Leon & The Professional. 

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
HEX
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 08:50:43 PM »

thanks cigar joe. Wink

boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

Do you think I'm just..anyone? DO you?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 09:07:32 PM »

Yeah...it's a terrific movie...just make sure you get--> Léon: The Professional...Deluxe Edition.
It's uncut...w/ over 20 minutes of restored footage.
You don't want the 110 minute version.

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
HEX
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 09:11:12 PM »

yeah i know. iam aware of it. it has been sitting at the nearest BEST BUY shelf for months now waiting for me.

thanks guys. much appreciated. if any one else has an opinion id like to hear it. especially if its someone  who disliked the  film. that would be different.

Tim
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 09:33:49 PM »

You could always rent movies before you buy them.  I found I've saved quite a bit of money renting a movie and not liking it instead of rushing out and buying it.  Just my philosophy.

HEX
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 09:37:23 AM »

thanks TIM but the nearest BLOCKBUSTER  near my house doesnt have it to rent, for whatever reason. u would think a pretty big fan base film like that they would have. Angry

Franks Harmonica
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 11:25:04 PM »

Just buy it Dammit!
It should be in everyone's dvd collection.

Frank: "So you're the one who makes appointments"
Harmonica: "And you're the one who doesn't keep em"
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 07:12:01 PM »

A question for our euro members, it came to my attention today that the version of the film we have here in US is different from the international print ie., Claudia shows Bert her boobs, kown if there is any truth to this guys/gals?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
HEX
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 07:23:16 PM »

i know this is for our brothers in europe but...

she does show him her boobs. of course u dont really see them it is below camera level. so i am going to assume u mean full frontal nudity.

it comes to my attention in many interviews(and a lot of searhing on the web! Grin) that CLAUDIA CARDINALE
never posed or was photographed nude in a picture or movie ever in her career(unless u count her wearing a towel over her naked body as nudity, but i for one do not.).

which is actually very noble of her. she is very much a sex symbol. i cant really think of another sex symbol that has not posed nude at least once in her career.

women celebrities like BRITNEY SPEARS and others will eventually do one day. trust me once britneys 15 minutes are up she will resort to anything. and that goes for all attractive female celebrities today.

but sadly CLAUDIA never has had anything done in the buff. which in my opinion makes her even more sexy, since her body will be a mystery forever.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 07:25:28 PM by HEX » Logged
indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2005, 12:21:13 AM »

i've never heard this one joe, god if only it were true!

That could just be cannon fire.
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2005, 02:25:24 AM »

Please correct me if i'm wrong but on the commentary track of the OUATITW DVD Cardinale pretty much says what Hex mentions about her never posing nude in any movies.Apparently Leone wanted a camera view of below her skirt as she stepped of the train but Cardinale would have none of it!
However i'm definately gonna have another look at my Professionals video!!

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2005, 05:24:45 AM »

Cigar Joe,i watched my Professionals video last night and as Hex says she does reveal her boobs but you only get to see her back and shoulders(unfortunately!).
I had a look at the SE OUATITW dvd and it is in the first documentary on disc 2 where Cardinale says she would never sell her body for money!
I suppose it is possible,CJ,that continental versions of The Professionals may reveal a bit more flesh.Apparently a few of the late 60's/early 70's Hammer horror films contained extra nude footage on the continental releases because it was thought there was more of a market for titilation than in Britain! 

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2005, 06:00:17 AM »

thats what i'm talking about, we need to hear from our non english members on it.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2005, 06:07:40 AM »

Sorry CJ,but i interpreted "euro members" to include us chaps in Jolly Old Blighty!
Cardinale did sound adament that she keeps her tits to herself though!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM