Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 04:09:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Duck, You Sucker (aka A Fistful of Dynamite) 2-Disc Collector's Edition DVD is available! Order your copy today!

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Film Locations (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  almeria
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: almeria  (Read 6209 times)
martyn
Road Apple

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2005, 12:01:56 PM »

Hi There

I am going to Almeria soon and would like to know the best tour to go on for Sergio Leone movies. I really have to see Sweetwater. Can anybody help me?

cheers
Martyn Hanson
HEX
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 03:04:36 PM »

i think SWEET WATER is now TEXAS HOLLYWOOD.
at least thats what i saw from pictures. the mcbane house is still there though. but offcourse looks different on the inside
Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 05:29:41 AM »

Martyn, this site may be of interest to you -

http://www.tucotours.co.uk/welcometotucotours.htm

Hex is right though, infact the Mini Hollywood and Texas Hollywood locations are pretty close together (I've only been to the former myself).

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
KERMIT
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 06:57:35 AM »

Hi There

I am going to Almeria soon and would like to know the best tour to go on for Sergio Leone movies. I really have to see Sweetwater. Can anybody help me?

cheers
Martyn Hanson
ramone knows.  www.ramon.btinternet.co.uk
pergamino
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 03:48:50 PM »

Hello.

You are wrong .. Sweetwater is now www.westernleone.com is not like the movie, there is new constructions around him.

is very close Rancho Leone, Mini-hollywood, and Fort Bravo Studios (before texas hollywood).

Rent a car and go for 3 sites
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 09:40:19 PM »

I'm so pissed!!!! I always wanted to go there and see all the SW filiming locations but it saddens my heart to see the McBain ranch that way. They took away the stables and even the corrida where Frank and Harmonica duel!!!! Obviously the person who was in charge of renovating this area must have been more concerned about money than a brilliant film. I'm also shocked to see that not even a quarter of Flagstone exists anymore. They rescued the town from the Dollars Trilogy, why not Flagstone? God knows how many SWs were filmed there! The railroad looks like it's in good shape though. It looks alittle different but it's in good shape. Does anyone know if they still have any of the locomotives and/or rolling stock ( carriages ) used in the film? I always wanted to ride in Morton's train!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 09:44:41 PM by The Peacemaker » Logged

Ramon
Gunslinger

What are we going to do with this one Frank?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 03:26:50 AM »

Martyn,

You can take a look at my website for recent location photos, as well as some old ones dating back to 1980 when Sweetwater looked almost unchanged from OUATITW.

http://www.ramon.btinternet.co.uk

McBain ranch now called Western Leone, very close to Mini Hollywood (El Paso set), many other locations very close. Location is North of the city of Almeria, you need to get on the Almeria - Granada motroway and head up to the Tabernas exit, Mini Hollywood, Western Leone and Texas Hollywood are all sign-posted when you exit the motorway.

For Flagstone, Cattle Corner and other railway locations you need to head up the Almeria  - Granada motorway about 45 mins beyond the Mini Hollywood turn off to Estacion de la Calahorra ( south of Guadix).  Drop me an email if there are any specific directions you need. The main Almeria - Granada railway line still exists the Estaction de la Calahorra railway station is the one used by Tuco & Wallace in GBU, now disused. Sadly the spur liine from Estacion de la Calahorra has been removed, this was used for numerous scenes including Cattle Corner and Tucumcari.

Remains of Flagstone are also at Estacion de la Calahorra. There are some big piles of what I guess is railway ballast stored piled up next to the line, try climbing up to the top to get a view towards the rear of the Flagstone saloon, you'll see the remains of the building with the big chimney that was always belching out black smoke in OUATITW.

Many of the other Leone locations are around Cabo De Gata area, North East of the city of ALmeria not far from the airport, i.e. Steven's farm, Ramirez mission, Shorty Larson hanging, Agua Caliente, Indio's hideout, Marisol's house, the list goes on.

A good place to stay is Hotel Alba in Los Albaricoques (Agua Caliente), a very friendly little hotel, great food and right in the heart of SW country.

Hope you have a good trip
Ramon

in these parts a man's life can depend on a mere scrap of information.

Ramon

www.fistfuloflocations.com
www.youtube.com/profile?user=swlocations
Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 01:34:46 PM »

Cheers for that Ramon.  Its a great site you have there too - I have enjoyed many a gander there. 

Glad you cleared up the tabernas locations too - I get muddled up as to which ones are which (I have only got as far as Mini Hollywood).

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
Ramon
Gunslinger

What are we going to do with this one Frank?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 02:58:07 PM »

Hi Marco,

I enjoy your site too amigo, by the way I noticed the IFC banner, they asked me to add one to my website which I did for the duration of their SW season, I didn't even get an email of thanks!

hasta pronto
Ramon

in these parts a man's life can depend on a mere scrap of information.

Ramon

www.fistfuloflocations.com
www.youtube.com/profile?user=swlocations
Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 01:44:27 PM »

I did get a thank you for them, but probably only because I emailed them because I couldn't get the link to work!   Grin

Danny
Bandido

People scare easier when they're dyin'

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 02:14:21 AM »

Does anyone know if they still have any of the locomotives and/or rolling stock ( carriages ) used in the film? I always wanted to ride in Morton's train!

Peacemaker, according to a few people I think you could find the trains near Gaudix station, Almeria region.

See also: http://www.sergioleone.net/

I'm gonna check it next summer
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 02:42:11 AM by Danny » Logged

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 01:13:58 PM »

Oh cool! There are some left. I've seen that picture before, it was called Mr.Choo-Choo but that's not Morton's train. I hope to see Spain someday. You guys are lucky. Enjoy Almeria.

Musicalpocketwatch
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 08:05:47 AM »

I have Herd on Another Topic Somwhere that that Alba Hotel Has the Original Musical Pocket Watch From The Film (Indio's one) can anyone confirm this? Shocked
pippo
Road Apple

do the trains stop ?!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 12:37:07 PM »

read here http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=10901.msg150992#msg150992

"Questions are never indiscreet, answers sometimes are"

Colonel Douglas Mortimer - Oscar Wilde
pippo
Road Apple

do the trains stop ?!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 03:06:17 PM »

This is Colmenar Viejo (Madrid province), not almeria, but I don't know where to post this pictures
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 03:17:29 PM by pippo » Logged

"Questions are never indiscreet, answers sometimes are"

Colonel Douglas Mortimer - Oscar Wilde
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Support this site! Order Sergio Leone:
DVDs | Books | Soundtracks | Posters | Donate

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM