Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 10:22:51 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  La collina degli stivali aka Boot Hill (1969)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: La collina degli stivali aka Boot Hill (1969)  (Read 25107 times)
Spikeopath
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2017, 02:03:54 PM »

Utterly dreadful. Just watched and I would have to start drinking again before even considering chancing it again.

mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2017, 02:34:49 PM »

A wonderful Colizzi. We need a Blu-ray tough...

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2017, 04:14:00 PM »

I rewatched Boot Hill recently (again), it is such a beautiful and intelligent film.

mike siegel
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2017, 03:35:32 AM »

Yes it is Smiley. Aren't we the lucky ones to appreciate it...

Spikeopath
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2017, 09:26:06 AM »

Circus of horrors!

Boot Hill (La collina degli stivali), directed and written by Giuseppe Colizzi, starring Terence Hill, Woody Strode, Victor Buono, Bud Spencer, Lionel Stander and Eduardo Ciannelli. Music by Carlo Rustichelli and cinematography by Marcello Masciocchi.

A Technicolor/Techniscope production! Boot Hill is very much an acquired taste. One man's art canvas is another man's paper mache head, such is the case here with this messy, muddled Spaghetti Western, a pic that has strong fans and haters in equal measure.

Personally I hated it, it was 90 minutes of motion sickness and staccato editing, with a musical score veering from plains driving grandeur to acid induced circus shrills. Cast are fine enough, though there's dubbing for dubbing's sake, while an extended over acted barroom brawl at finale is a fun time at least, but really it has to be your thing to enjoy as a whole.

A bowl of spaghetti sieved through a kaleidoscopic colander. 1/10

stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2017, 01:36:02 PM »

Spike, that's a shocking rating.

You really should rewatch it, this film has so much to offer. One of the best directed Spags, and it has a magnificent brooding atmosphere, and it is also the most musically structured Spag, it feels like an improvisation over defined themes, and it surely is also one of the political Spags. Even the mute can speak.
Not without flaws, but the merits blow them away.  That strange saloon brawl at the end is very odd, but I love every scene with the clowns and all the dancing. Must be felt.

mike siegel
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2017, 04:28:12 PM »

I'll never stop admiring your missionary way of trying to persuade people to like certain art Smiley.
You'd be a great teacher / professor I feel.

I stopped doing that in the 90s. It is like trying to tell Rap-fans how great Dixieland-jazz can be Smiley.

PS: I'm about to purchase a 1970 first release ADRIA print! We'll find a theater next year and meet for the screening...

Spikeopath
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2017, 08:26:45 AM »

You really should rewatch it, this film has so much to offer. One of the best directed Spags, and it has a magnificent brooding atmosphere, and it is also the most musically structured Spag, it feels like an improvisation over defined themes, and it surely is also one of the political Spags. Even the mute can speak.
Not without flaws, but the merits blow them away.  That strange saloon brawl at the end is very odd, but I love every scene with the clowns and all the dancing. Must be felt.

I'd rather jab myself in the eyes with hot forks than watch it again  Angry

stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2017, 02:33:27 PM »

PS: I'm about to purchase a 1970 first release ADRIA print! We'll find a theater next year and meet for the screening...

That would be nice, and lets combine it with Il mercenario. But I doubt that I will find the time.

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2017, 04:49:39 AM »

PS: I'm about to purchase a 1970 first release ADRIA print!

ADRIA being a German film distributor?

You really should rewatch it...

Personally, I remember the intro being very strong, but I haven't seen it in a long time.

mike siegel
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2017, 06:52:36 AM »

Yes, ADRIA re-released about 50% of the Italian western in Germany. Beautiful posters Smiley.

The "intro" is great indeed. Can't remember how it takes until Hill speaks, feels like 15 minutes.
The film is fascinating for people who are a bit more interested in directing/staging/composing/new ideas
than the regular movie lover who is slightly tied up to the average western formulas. Also, like KILL BILL
who has not much of a story, it is almost a bible to learn where to put the camera, framing etc. etc.
Personally I couldn't care less about PLOT. All stories have been told many times long time ago (and
mostly better by the old masters like Ford, Wellman, Wyler and so many others). I want to see interesting
films done by people with skills and taste that make me want to see' em again and again Smiley.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2017, 07:47:30 AM »

Never seen it but judging from the wide disparity of reviews I'd check out a Youtube or Dailymotion of it first are there any online versions?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2017, 09:43:03 PM »

Never seen it but judging from the wide disparity of reviews I'd check out a Youtube or Dailymotion of it first are there any online versions?

Not my cup of tea either.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM