Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 09:28:44 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Angel Eyes or Blondie
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Poll
Question: Who would win in a showdown
Blondie   -9 (81.8%)
Angel Eyes   -2 (18.2%)
Total Voters: 7

Author Topic: Angel Eyes or Blondie  (Read 3677 times)
Beebs
« on: October 07, 2005, 04:00:06 PM »

Being as there are 2+ other posts like this I thought I'd do this one.

(Don't everybody shoot me at once for stupidity)

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 04:07:22 PM »

Being as there are 2+ other posts like this I thought I'd do this one.

(Don't everybody shoot me at once for stupidity)

OK clever arses fill us in.....how do you start a poll..LOL

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Beebs
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 04:09:23 PM »

near start new topic there is an option

HEX
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 04:10:14 PM »

as much as ilike ANGEL EYES i put BLONDIE did he not win already?
then again he did have the advantage. he did know TUCO'S gun was unloaded.

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 04:25:45 PM »

near start new topic there is an option

Doh!!  I new that.......honest Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

ICE

J B
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 11:25:42 AM »

I'm going to have to agree with HEX here.  Blondie did indeed win already.  OK so Angel Eyes was at a slight disadvantage.  OK maybe Angel Eyes was pretty much screwed from the beggining, because as far as he knew, it was two against one.  But there's one scene in the movie which almost proves to me that Blondine is the better gunman.  It's right after Angle Eyes tells him about their new partnership, and Blondie twirls his gun around or something.  Angle Eyes flashes him this quick look that too me indicates:  Oh crap, maybe this wasn't such a good idea.  Lets just hope he stays on my side.  Richard Schickel actually mentions this in his commentary, and I happen to agre with him.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 04:34:22 PM »

Angel Eyes is evil, but does he really do anything of particular prowess during the movie?  He shoots a guy from under the table and his son who's carrying a shotgun almost as big as him, then shoots a sick old man to death through a pillow.  The rest of the violence in this film is done by Wallace and his other goons.  So, Blondie definitely.

Saturday nights with Groggy
J B
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 06:49:01 PM »

That's true.  He doesn't really demonstrate too much ability, (even though we're lead to belive that he has quite a bit).  The first shot from under the table was pretty cool though.

HEX
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 07:38:12 AM »

yeah i always wished ANGEL EYES had more to do in the film(he only has like an hour of screen time in a three hour film in which he co-stars in!).
i always wanted to see him square of in a 3 to 1 showdown in  at least once in the film with him being the "one" of course. though i do believe when the kid goes after him from behind that it was a difficult shot to turn around, grab youre holstered gun, fire and actually hit youre target. that showed plenty of skill(even if it was a kid.)

there is an iteresting photo iam sure u guys have seen before with ANGEL EYES showing  a gold coin to BLONDIE as they are resting out in a field.(must be a deleted scene that takes place after they take-up there partnership) any one else seen this?to bad its not in the film. Embarrassed

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 04:39:38 PM »

yeah i always wished ANGEL EYES had more to do in the film(he only has like an hour of screen time in a three hour film in which he co-stars in!).
i always wanted to see him square of in a 3 to 1 showdown in  at least once in the film with him being the "one" of course. though i do believe when the kid goes after him from behind that it was a difficult shot to turn around, grab youre holstered gun, fire and actually hit youre target. that showed plenty of skill(even if it was a kid.)

there is an iteresting photo iam sure u guys have seen before with ANGEL EYES showing  a gold coin to BLONDIE as they are resting out in a field.(must be a deleted scene that takes place after they take-up there partnership) any one else seen this?to bad its not in the film. Embarrassed

I think someone in the forum has it as their avatar picture Huh Huh Huh Huh

ICE

J B
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 09:37:16 PM »

I actually really like the fact that Angel Eyes isn't in the movie as much as the other two.  He's more the secondary character, where as Blondie and Tuco are the primary characters.  I love that the first several minutes of the movie are only about Angel Eyes, and then he's barely in the movie at all till the prison camp scene.  Since he hadn't previously been seen since much earlier, it makes his sudden appearence as a Union officer really surprising and creepy.  You never find out what he did in that short period of time to get there.  Just another great thing about the film in my opinion.  Actually he comes out from no where twice, the second time being at the end, which is also a great moment.

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005, 05:50:57 PM »

I actually really like the fact that Angel Eyes isn't in the movie as much as the other two.  He's more the secondary character, where as Blondie and Tuco are the primary characters.  I love that the first several minutes of the movie are only about Angel Eyes, and then he's barely in the movie at all till the prison camp scene.  Since he hadn't previously been seen since much earlier, it makes his sudden appearence as a Union officer really surprising and creepy.  You never find out what he did in that short period of time to get there.  Just another great thing about the film in my opinion.  Actually he comes out from no where twice, the second time being at the end, which is also a great moment.

He is actually in three scenes...the confed camp, the hanging scene/ half soldier, and the carson girl friend scene

ICE

J B
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2005, 10:15:20 AM »

That's true, but there's still a pretty big gap where he's not in the movie. 

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2005, 02:56:25 PM »

That's true, but there's still a pretty big gap where he's not in the movie. 

True..Point taken

Ice

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM