Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 13, 2024, 04:10:30 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Favourite villain
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: Who's your favourite villain?
Ramon   -0 (0%)
Indio   -5 (15.2%)
Angel Eyes   -13 (39.4%)
Frank   -12 (36.4%)
Max   -3 (9.1%)
: 27

: Favourite villain  ( 17832 )
Cuchillo
Road Apple

« #15 : July 21, 2003, 09:24:50 AM »

I voted angel eyes. Just for that evil grin!

...Ten minutes you'll be smoking in Hell...
KERMIT

« #16 : August 02, 2003, 11:03:45 PM »

il indio & angle eyes totaly seperate.
both as lethal.  
il indio broods. psycopathic. unpredictable. i fill a kind of sympathy for el indio that gian maria generates.   angel eyes has this steady i always follow my job through approach.  it's not just his face. it's his accent.
gian the greatest but van cleef made a successful living  at it over quite a period of time.
i wonder if leone ever though of lee marvin as a possible heavy ?
and then there's frank.

« : August 03, 2003, 10:52:35 AM KERMIT »
Ramon
Gunslinger

What are we going to do with this one Frank?

« #17 : August 03, 2003, 05:29:12 AM »

Angel Eyes, the scene when he shoots Baker in the head several times through the pillow and then does the evil laugh gets me every time.

in these parts a man's life can depend on a mere scrap of information.

Ramon

www.fistfuloflocations.com
www.youtube.com/profile?user=swlocations
Jon
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

« #18 : August 03, 2003, 11:40:56 AM »

I vote for Frank,he seems so laidback and normAl,Than.....

shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

« #19 : December 04, 2003, 02:37:56 PM »

Max, definitely.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
Nobody
Gunslinger

Nobody, but Nobody, knows the trouble he's in!

« #20 : December 07, 2003, 04:49:31 AM »

I guess my favourite is Frank, but I recently saw "Four Of The Apocalypse", and I must say that I was really impressed by Thomas Milian. He was mean as hell, had no scruples, and scared me a bit, to be perfectly honest.

"As boys, they said they would die for each other. As men, they did."
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

« #21 : December 07, 2003, 04:59:21 AM »

If it’s Leone?
has to be Indio. Those eyes... can’t say enough about those violent eyes.

And what he does to the bounty killers family.

Klaus Kinski as Loco in The Great Silence.

Why? Because he wins in the end.
What could be more evil than that.  ;)

« : December 07, 2003, 05:02:36 AM The Smoker »

English Bob
Chicken Thief

« #22 : December 18, 2003, 09:11:44 AM »

Indio is for me one of Leone’s most interesting villains. Rather than the 'simple, brutal men' he surrounds himself with he is a complicated, intelligent individual who’s intelligence gives him a surprisingly fragile psyche - a sadistic maniac, who despite being able to murder with ease, is tortured by the memory of the girl who killed herself rather than be violated by him. I love the touch of him keeping her pocket watch with him, and using it to count down the lives of his enemies. I also think that having Indio smoke cannabis was a brilliant move - the only peace his troubled consciousness ever finds. I believe he was the first villain in main stream cinema to smoke weed.

COLONNA
Bandido

I'm his son

« #23 : December 26, 2003, 08:37:45 AM »

Indio is for me one of Leone’s most interesting villains. Rather than the 'simple, brutal men' he surrounds himself with he is a complicated, intelligent individual who’s intelligence gives him a surprisingly fragile psyche - a sadistic maniac, who despite being able to murder with ease, is tortured by the memory of the girl who killed herself rather than be violated by him. I love the touch of him keeping her pocket watch with him, and using it to count down the lives of his enemies. I also think that having Indio smoke cannabis was a brilliant move - the only peace his troubled consciousness ever finds. I believe he was the first villain in main stream cinema to smoke weed.

Welcome English Bob , it's a good job

Time is on my side...
BDR529
Road Apple

« #24 : January 20, 2004, 03:33:50 AM »

I also think that having Indio smoke cannabis was a brilliant move - the only peace his troubled consciousness ever finds. I believe he was the first villain in main stream cinema to smoke weed.

That reminds me.  I've always assumed Indio was indeed puffing the magic dragon, the wacky tobaccy, the toodle-oo, etc. (ad nauseum), but is this what Leone intended or is it just an interpretation?  As an ex-smoker, I can understand what a calming effect an ordinary cigarrette would have after blowing someone away...

The Hunchback
Chicken Thief

I'm going down to Emmett's Fix-It Shop...

« #25 : January 20, 2004, 10:22:54 PM »

It's gotta be Frank.  There is something very disturbing about Henry Fonda as a child killer, rapist, and sadist.

English Bob
Chicken Thief

« #26 : January 27, 2004, 03:55:39 AM »

Welcome English Bob , it's a good job
Hey, thanks. It's always nice to be appreciated.

That reminds me.  I've always assumed Indio was indeed puffing the magic dragon, the wacky tobaccy, the toodle-oo, etc. (ad nauseum), but is this what Leone intended or is it just an interpretation?  As an ex-smoker, I can understand what a calming effect an ordinary cigarrette would have after blowing someone away...

I’m pretty sure that it was actually Leone’s intention that it was wacky backy - or Luciano Vincenzoni’s; Whoever wrote it into the screenplay. In Something to Do With Death, Christopher Frayling touches on the Reefer Madness style haze of red that descends on Indio after he lights up. Indio might be less intimidating if he got the munchies, or started laughing uncontrollably.
Indio: “Try to pick up the gun, colonel. Just try.”
Mortimer: “Why, are you going to shoot me?
Indio: “Nah. Just can’t be bothered to do it myself”

redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

« #27 : March 02, 2004, 02:29:49 PM »

Indio for me. Whereas the rest are just cold killers, Indio is a bit crazy. And when he lets Mortimer and Manco escape - can you imagine Angel Eyes or Frank do something like that. Gian Maria Volonte was a brilliant actor - if he'd been hollywood I reckon he would've been massive.

Having said all that, my all time favourite dastardly catchphrase is Angeleyes' "When someone pays me I always see the job through", cos of the timing of when he uses it.

It's class.
kuwabatake

« #28 : August 14, 2007, 03:58:54 PM »

indio's so psychopathic but max is the most realistic

Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

« #29 : August 14, 2007, 05:21:28 PM »

Well... you all know who my favourite is...  :P
Yes, his eyes. I melt from his eyes.  :-*
Indio is not only evil. I think I love in him as tragic anti-hero. He is obsessed by his memories... and by death. That tear in the final duel... says all.  :'(
And Volonté was a really wonderful actor. Once, two of his films won in Cannes - in the same year!  O0

But all Leone villains are great. The are evil, but sympathetic, too, or at least cool. But Max find I annoying, and can't feel any pity for him. SOB.

Frank, Ramon, Angel Eyes - they all wrote film history.

: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines