Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2018, 03:39:23 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Hills Run Red aka Un fiume di dollari (1966)
0 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
: The Hills Run Red aka Un fiume di dollari (1966)  ( 34736 )
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

It'll hurt if you are cut.

« #45 : February 09, 2007, 11:41:50 AM »

Hills Run Red DVD will be released? That's good news. I've been wanting to see this one for decades! 

<br />\"Be bold like an angel, meticulous like a devil.\" (Akira Kurosawa)
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

« #46 : February 09, 2007, 02:14:45 PM »

Great movie that. Looks like I'll have to triple dip on that one.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #47 : February 09, 2007, 02:39:02 PM »

This must mean Sony is finally getting their act together. Let's hope for some more R1 releases in the future.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

« #48 : February 09, 2007, 02:44:57 PM »

This must mean Sony is finally getting their act together. Let's hope for some more R1 releases in the future.

Doubt it. When they acquired MGM they stated they would continue the very successful MIDNITE MOVIES line of dvds releasing the AIP library. But nothing. A petition was started and got a couple thousand signatures with Sony reps stating the line would continue. This was two years ago. The only things they've since released were two pirate related double features to tie in with you know what. Documentaries were prepared for several well known horror pictures including the classic Vincent Price film WITCHFINDER GENERAL. I have since bought the british sp. edition since nothing else has been announced otherwise.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #49 : February 11, 2007, 07:07:59 AM »

horror pictures including the classic Vincent Price film WITCHFINDER GENERAL. I
Do you really rate this Arizona because i watched this the other day?-i'm currently transferring all my British Horror video recordings onto dvd-only the second time i've watched it and it doesn't do anything for me-very bleak,brutal but disappointing.
However as regards British Horror dvds-easily my best discover recently was Blood On Satans Claw-everything about it is absolutely brilliant especially the musical score.I think i'm gonna have to resurrect my old "British Horror Collection" thread and start putting ratings to these films :)

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

« #50 : February 11, 2007, 12:40:02 PM »

A resounding YES!!! WITCHFINDER GENERAL is highly regarded as a class act all around and Price was essaying a real character BTW and it was considered that he play the character somewhat hammy but it was his decision ultimately to play it straight. The grim and brutal atmosphere adds to the gloomy storyline. I guess you didn't like MARK OF THE DEVIL for the same reasons?

A funny story about WG, Price at first did not get on well with Michael Reeves, the young upstart director. Price commented--"I've made hundreds of movies, what have you done boy?", to which Reeves replied, "I've done three good ones!" After that, the two became good friends.

I had posted a long review for BLOOD ON SATANS CLAW after receiving the brit disc but when I posted it, there was 'forum maintenance' and my review was lost. I didn't feel like re-typing it but yes, it also is a winner.

Not sure if I'd rate DRACULA AD 1972 ***, I enjoyed it a lot (nifty soundtrack) but they failed to capitalize on the setting by taking Drac out of the gloomy Church and placing him out in the city. Instead Christopher Neame is placed in most of the scenes. COUNT YORGA, VAMPIRE is the reason Hammer tried this modern re-telling hoping to make millions as AIP did on YORGA which successfully transferred the vampiric count story to modern times.

I was thinking of doing the same, rating my Brit horror collection, but I figured it would be a waste of time, but if you're doing the same maybe I'll follow your lead! ;)

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #51 : February 13, 2007, 02:15:18 AM »

I'm posting a reply on the British Horror Colection thread.

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=2698.210

« : February 13, 2007, 02:18:36 AM banjo »
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #52 : April 16, 2007, 09:17:19 AM »

This great spaghetti revenge flick, starring Thomas Hunter and the deliciously nasty Henry Silva, is being released this month on the 22nd!

And for those who like to purchase italian westerns for the music only (which I honestly don't understand, for that buy the soundtrack) Morricone has a fabulous soundtrack here. Great main theme.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #53 : April 16, 2007, 09:21:58 AM »

I saw a great original poster for this on sale recently... Anyway good film and Duryea was a welcome surprise for me when I saw this film (He's been in some excellent noirs and westerns)  O0

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #54 : April 16, 2007, 02:42:51 PM »

Great I'll be getting that one for sure, just picked up "Ride the High Country" today in Sam's Club for $6 a nice find, also saw AFOD & FAFDM with new covers (not the SE's though just repackaging).

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #55 : April 16, 2007, 03:11:04 PM »

This great spaghetti revenge flick,

Hey you changed your mind? :o

Since that bootleg i sent to you i picked up the Japanese Stingray dvd and its a much better print.The sleeve also has the original poster artwork. O0

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #56 : April 16, 2007, 03:13:58 PM »

Hey you changed your mind? :o

Since that bootleg i sent to you i picked up the Japanese Stingray dvd and its a much better print.The sleeve also has the original poster artwork. O0

I gave it another view a view months ago and enjoyed it much more. O0

I suppose I wasn't in the best of moods during my first viewing a year ago.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #57 : April 16, 2007, 03:35:27 PM »

So i suppose you're now a big fan of Thomas Hunter afterall? ;D

Talking of Henry Silva-just remembered i taped The Tall T last Xmas but still haven't watched it yet! :-[

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

« #58 : April 16, 2007, 03:42:27 PM »

Silva is really good in the early italian-french crime thriller ASSASSINATION from 1967.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #59 : April 16, 2007, 03:51:52 PM »

So i suppose you're now a big fan of Thomas Hunter afterall? ;D

NO WAY. I like the movie. I don't think he is a good actor.

: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines