Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2018, 03:17:06 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  does this horror film even exist?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: does this horror film even exist?  ( 3133 )
HEX

« : October 18, 2005, 06:01:43 PM »

a memory that enters my mind usually about once a year(and considering the contents of the memory that time of year is HALLOWEEN) has come to haunt my thoughts again. and usually it leaves my brain as quickly as it arrives but this particular year it didnt. it decided to stay. the memory is of me being a young lad of perhaps five. i was at my mothers friends farmhouse. and my mothers friend had a daughter around the same age as me(at the time). we would go to visit that house frequently during the year 1992( because according to my mother we had sold furniture to them when we moved. and that was during that year.) eventually the friendship fell out (as most do) due to long distances. so i never really returned to the house again. however the lasting memory i was speaking of earlier was conjured up in that very house.

(this is begining to sound melodramatic sorry...)

the memory is that one night in the house my mothers friends daughter and myself went to her parents bedroom to watch television. the room was dark i remember. the only light was the t.v. itself. a horror movie came on. and me liking  everything that goes bump in the night decided to stay on the channel.
the movie(which years later I speculated was a show)
consisted of a little boy getting ready to go to bed. the parents kiss him good night, shut of the lights and close the door. after a while octopus tentacles come up from under the boys bed and start to attack him. then a FRANKENSTEIN monster comes out of his closet and walks slowly towards the boys bed. and a third visitor which happens to be a chainsaw heading towards the kids bed also joins the fray. the kid yells. and the monsters  go back from whence they came. in comes his father and asked what happened?
 the boy explains everything and the father dismisses it and gives him the old"there is no such thing..." phrase.
about as soon as the middle aged bastard leaves the room(AND I MEAN AS SOON AS HE CLOSES THE DOOR AND BOOM!) the three figures come out from there hiding places again to stalk the kid.

thats where my memory ends. i dont remember a name of the film. i do remember it being in black and white.

over the years i speculated as to what the hell i saw. i have erased the fact that it could be a movie. with a plot like that it cant be more than a 30 minute show.
i once thought it was an ED WOOD  film but that to fell through the cracks after seeing descriptions of all his movies.

and for alll u know my phantom film could have been a movie after all. maybe what i saw was only the first few minutes into a much larger picture. i do somewhat remember me having to leave before i saw more of it.
either way this memory has stayed with me for years cuz it scared the bejesus out of me.

if anyone has any info on this please tell....

« : October 19, 2005, 08:00:40 AM HEX »
Franks Harmonica
Bandido

« #1 : October 18, 2005, 09:15:32 PM »

Oh HEX my friend, I know what it is.
It actually stars Seth Green as the boy and the name of the episode is "Monsters in My Closet".
It was from a Canadian TV series called "Tales From The Darkside"  which was pretty hit or miss,(mostly miss)and this particular episode was from season one, episode 12.
I actually just watched it last month and laughed at how ridiculous it was, but then again I am 28 and watched it with a bunch of friends, so I guess if I was 5, I would have been somewhat scared of it.
I can burn a copy of it if you'd like.

Kevin

« : October 18, 2005, 09:18:46 PM Franks Harmonica »

Frank: "So you're the one who makes appointments"
Harmonica: "And you're the one who doesn't keep em"
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #2 : October 19, 2005, 04:16:32 AM »

It also sounds like piece from an old comix book from Dave Sheridan and F.Shrier who's title was "Mother Oats Comix-The Overland Vegetable Stagecoach" the particular story was called "Mr. Rubbernast" I believe, and it was pretty much the same thing as you describe, except there are two brothers in the bedroom one of them the older who has been through it before and takes it all in stride while the younger brother freaks out. The TV show may have been influenced by this.

I think this is actually a still from it

« : October 19, 2005, 04:29:58 AM cigar joe »

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
spag fan
Bandido

It don't matter what I say, I'll dub it later.

« #3 : October 19, 2005, 07:29:47 AM »

Damn CJ, you just brought back a flood of memories!
I've got several of the old Meef comics by Sheridan and Shrier. I remember Mr. Rubbernast, and when I first saw Beetlejuice, I thought Burton had to have been influenced by that stuff.

One line I remember from a Meef comic in particular that always got me laughing:
"Why don't they make '57 Chevy's anymore?"

Damn good surreal as hell stuff.

HEX

« #4 : October 19, 2005, 07:47:49 AM »

and i (for years) was begining to think i dreamed it all up and it never existed. i figured it was a damn anthology series i just didnt know it would be one that iam somewhat familiar with. all these years it was right under my nose. ;D

"DARKSIDE" actually had a movie right? with the female gargoyle(i remember it being cheesy as hell) and other stories.

also another anthology film that i enjoyed but never really finished(it was two years ago at like 4am in the morning.) i dont remember the name. but it had emilio estevez trapped in a video game world. and another story was  a giant satanic truck hassles a guy in the desert(like a crappy version of DUEL). ANYONE KNOW THE NAME TO THIS?

and when the hell is CREEPSHOW getting a special edition dvd!? they saw it fit to give that lame ass sequel a special edition. why not the classic?

and also TALES FROM THE CRYPT season two arrives in a few days. now where is THE NIGHT GALLERY season two? that is long overdue by a good year now.

ill send u a personal post FRANKS HARMONICA.

« : October 19, 2005, 09:54:26 AM HEX »
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #5 : October 20, 2005, 04:27:33 AM »

Yea spag fan I too still have a bunch of the old comix in a box  ;D

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Franks Harmonica
Bandido

« #6 : October 20, 2005, 08:27:22 AM »

Hello Hex,

The anthology film that you asked about is the 1983 film "Nightmares" which was reminiscent of the Amnibus anthology tales of the 70's.
It had four tales of terror (comedy) with stories based on a chracters worst nightmare!
With Emilio Estevez as the Vidiot who wants to conquer his favorite game in the segment titled "The Bishop Of Battle" in which Billy the Kid himself enters a bad choppy videogame to conquer it.
The segment with the desert chase was the funniest as we had a priest that was being chased by a satanic truck, segment "Benediction"
We also had the story a gigantic Food of the Gods type rat chasing a family in the segment "Night Of The Rat"
Finally we had the story of a lady who goes to the store for diapers and smokes and is chased by a serial killer, segment is called "Nightmare in Altamont"
I kind of miss these anthology film series like "Trilogy Of Terror" and "Creepshow", but they were quite laughable for the most part, but always entertaining.

Frank: "So you're the one who makes appointments"
Harmonica: "And you're the one who doesn't keep em"
HEX

« #7 : October 20, 2005, 09:12:27 AM »

FRANKS HARMONICA did u get my personal message?

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines