Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 06:03:17 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Where can i find the script of GBU?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where can i find the script of GBU?  (Read 13706 times)
letruand
Road Apple

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2005, 04:17:35 PM »

Hi, i'm a new one, i live in franch, i'm so happy to be here with the leone's fans,  i wanna ask you where can i find the script of GBU?
 Thanks a lot!

HEX
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 04:21:46 PM »

that would go double for me aswell. if someone could direct me to the nearest copy of the script i will give them a big kiss Kiss

and if youre a male, Ill still give u a big kiss Kiss

Beebs
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 06:39:56 PM »

that would go double for me aswell. if someone could direct me to the nearest copy of the script i will give them a big kiss Kiss

and if youre a male, Ill still give u a big kiss Kiss

You may not be getting any response with that kind of Bounty.

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 06:09:49 AM »

Lol.....I've actually asked a couple of times on this board and haven't received a reply, despite being willing to negotiate a trade etc. I know a couple of people on this board do have it, but aren't willing to part with it or copy it, and I can understand that (it's very rare). I've been looking for a copy for a long time myself.

If anybody does have it and wants to share,sell, or trade......please let me know......

Jordan Krug

You may not be getting any response with that kind of Bounty.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 01:38:15 PM »

There was a copy on display at the Leone exhibit at the Western Museum, I saw it (in Italian).

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 02:21:05 PM »

Does the script for OUATITW still exist? The original copy was about 400 pages long and I'm curious about what scenes were removed.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 04:02:14 PM »

I believe there is a library in Paris that has the scripts also, somebody on this board stated it.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
HEX
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 06:59:04 PM »

well iam all for a heist.
lets get about eleven of the brothers here conive a complicated plan that will insure jail sentences if the slightest thing goes wrong.

and when thats finished lets all saddle up and head to paris. Wink

letruand
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 02:43:36 PM »

well,well!  Embarrassed

archangel
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 08:29:44 AM »

I found scripts to GBU and FAFDM at the film distributers office. This is Sydney, Australia circa 1968/9. I was a kid in a rock band those days(19yrs old). Saw FFOD and FAFDM in New Zealand(1968). Had to plead with the receptionist - couldn't take 'em out of the office. They were full of deletions, crossed out lines, etc. They were very dog-eared. I remember seeing GBU in Sydney and was a little disappointed. It had been cut down. I'm new to posting here. Great site and info. I was so impressed with the music, I got the band to play exctasy of gold on stage. had to see the movie ten times to learn and memorise the melody.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 05:52:22 PM »

Welcome and enjoy there is a lot here to catch up on.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
mamatmaindahoose
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 09:37:47 PM »

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/g/good-bad-ugly-script-transcript.html
.......the above link will take you to a page where someone has started working on transcribing the script but only has lines and does not tell you who says which lineand does not include scene descriptions etc.

Hanley
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 04:27:31 AM »

Lol.....I've actually asked a couple of times on this board and haven't received a reply, despite being willing to negotiate a trade etc. I know a couple of people on this board do have it, but aren't willing to part with it or copy it, and I can understand that (it's very rare). I've been looking for a copy for a long time myself.

If anybody does have it and wants to share,sell, or trade......please let me know......

Jordan Krug

You asked me once. I have a copy of the script which was translated from the original Italian version into German. I was planning to write a summary of the script in my upcoming book. I have not come across an English version - I would also be interested in such a version. There weren't that many Italian-scripts distributed during shooting - basically, each head of department (special effects, cinematography etc) had one.

themroc
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006, 05:49:06 AM »

Hi Hanley, what kind of a book are you writing? Completely on Leone oder on Spaghetti Westerns in general? Is it a academic book or more a "entertaining" book? And: is it gonna be in german or english?

Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2006, 04:11:54 PM »

Here is all the info on the book. Can't wait to see it.

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=2607.msg23931#msg23931

See also in the thread: book update.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 04:13:54 PM by Le Bon » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM