Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2017, 04:24:50 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rare still of OUTIW
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rare still of OUTIW  (Read 22419 times)
Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2005, 08:13:38 AM »

Just found this photo which I have never seen before.

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 11:42:55 AM »

I think this is from a deleted scene, you can really tell that fonda is wearing a ton of makeup to make him look like he's been out in the sun for years....

KERMIT
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 01:46:17 PM »

I think this is from a deleted scene, you can really tell that fonda is wearing a ton of makeup to make him look like he's been out in the sun for years....
thanks again ! there is a shot of frank riding his horse up to meet w/ harmonica before their shootout. i can
barely make out fonda's face from so much make up.

Denys
Bandido

Frank, you dirty son of a bitch

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 02:28:40 PM »

hmmm.. I have a feeling that this is from My name is nobody. From where this still shot comes from, the still right on it's left is another shot of My name is nobody. Sergio was only a producer, not directing. I may be wrong but I have a stong feeling that this is My name is nobody

Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 04:35:50 PM »

Well there certainly was a deleted scene from OUATITW in the barbers shop and looking at the still it looks like it is from this movie.

Sackett
Gunslinger

One revolution is more than enough for me.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 08:58:00 PM »

Maybe so, but if you had just flashed this pic and said guess at the movie, I would have  said My Name is Nobody also.

KERMIT
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 11:36:01 PM »

i go w/ nobody. fonda does look older than OUATITW.
that's the way it is.  that's why were here.  well, one of the reasons.  cool photo JAY KAY, Cool  please keep 'em coming.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 12:25:37 AM by Kermit » Logged
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 06:00:17 AM »

At first I thought it was Nobody...
But if you look closely Fonda's hair and eyebrows look dyed black. Its definitely Frank from OUATITW. Fonda's Jack Beauregard from Nobody he's a natural grey.

Wasn't there a suposidly a missing scene of Frank about to get a shave but he gets pulled away when his men where having a bit of trouble at the Sweetwater ranch auction.

Also more to the point thats a 1968 Leone (Growing his beard out) and not a 1972 Leone (Full on Grizzly).  Grin

« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 07:49:53 AM by The Smoker » Logged

Dlanor
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 12:13:51 PM »

I had already seen this pic in a book about SL and it DOES belong to OUATITW. It corresponds to a deleted scene. I think it should have taken place just before the final meeting between Frank and Harmonica, but I'm not sure.

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 05:43:07 PM »

It is in Gille Cebe's book "Sergio Leone" - I scanned it at high res and posted it for you Leonardo.....

It is actually on the same page as a pic of the sweetwater auction scene, and I believe the caption next to it identifies it as a cut scene, but I don't understand french.

I had already seen this pic in a book about SL and it DOES belong to OUATITW. It corresponds to a deleted scene. I think it should have taken place just before the final meeting between Frank and Harmonica, but I'm not sure.

Dlanor
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 12:43:57 AM »

Yeah, this is the book I was taking about.

HEX
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 10:15:52 AM »

yeah that WEST. NOBODY didnt have an ex- union soldier(or is it confederate? cant tell if its blue or grey) as a barber.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 04:15:15 PM »

WOW!!! HOLY #$@$!!!! That's the deleted scene with Frank and the barber!!! The one where the barber turns to him after seeing Harmonica and says " That guy out there's whitllin' on a piece of wood. I got a feeling that when he stops whitllin' something's gonna' happen! "

P.S. - Thank you so much Leonardo!I can finally go to sleep at night!  Grin

SeanSeanSean
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 05:09:23 PM »

Are you people sure this is a deleted scene and not just a make-up prep. for OUATITW with Sergio giving instructions. First Sergio is in the shot and the soldier's shirt looks too modern in a 60s kind of way.
The sideburns tell me OUATITW instead of NOBODY, despite the babershop scene. Besides Beauregard in NOBODY was an aging gunfighter. Fonda is made here to look younger.
Finally, the Sweetwater sation is hardly finished, so I doubt there would be a barbershop already. Harmonica is at Seetwater on the fence near the house. So this dialogue about the witling makes no sense if the barbershop is in Flagstone. Cheyenne says those lines in the final cut and that works for me.

If it's a revolution, it's confusion
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 10:37:11 PM »

You don't understand. In the original script, Harmonica was whitlin on a piece of wood while Frank was getting shaved at the barber in Flagstone right before the auction scene ( notice when Frank's at Navajo Cliff he's growing a beard and then we see him at the auction later completely shaved ). Then Leone stopped production because he had a pace going and if he kept it up the film would be 5 hours long so he sat with some of the script writers and chopped out some scenes ( Jill receiving the deeds to the ranch from the bank manager, Mr. O' Leary, the barbershop scene, Harmonica searching for Wobbles on a crowded passenger train, the deputies beating up harmonica. I don't know if there's more. ) but taking out the barber scene he liked the whitlin on wood thing so much, Leone moved it to the end.

P.S. - I found a picture from what looks like a deleted scene. I couldn't paste it here so go to this website: www.valledeltabladillo.com/PhotoGuestsExtra2.html
Look for the photograph of Frank and Cheyenne with another guy in Flagstone.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 10:41:38 PM by The Peacemaker » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM