Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 18, 2019, 02:17:52 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Expedition Blog
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
: Expedition Blog  ( 45083 )
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #60 : December 18, 2005, 04:42:27 PM »

If you'd be willing to wait until the Fiesta's over, I think we can work you in.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #61 : December 18, 2005, 04:48:57 PM »

Some more drunken partying!  Yay. . .

http://sierracharriba.blogspot.com/2005/12/further-fiestaing-contribution-by.html

The Man With A Hand Brace
Road Apple

Known as the Rat

« #62 : December 18, 2005, 04:57:43 PM »

Don't worry, I'm a patient man. Cheers!

Police Squad ... In Colour!
Beebs

« #63 : December 19, 2005, 01:48:37 PM »

Much obliged, Major for fitting in my story. Made my day, especially the fivecard gag. Only wish I was sober enough to whupp that sorry son of a Tuco, that stud playing Stubb. >:( ;)

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #64 : December 28, 2005, 07:51:57 AM »

No new storyline yet, but I did compose the "Groggy Dundee March"!

http://sierracharriba.blogspot.com/2005/12/groggy-dundee-march.html

If you're familiar with the original, hopefully you'll find it funny as hell.  If not, well, make of it what you will.

Beebs

« #65 : January 05, 2006, 07:06:42 PM »

About the bar scuffle, is the idea by any chance related to the bar fight in Trinity? I can just picture Stubb looking just like the brother. A big guy with a little lathargic air about him who can take any hit and hit 5 times as hard back with brute force and strength.

Tim

« #66 : January 09, 2006, 03:11:39 PM »

Groggy, I'm loving my character development.  I get to destroy all the arcade games in a drunken rage and empty pistols into a big screen tv?  The Apache ting and all that action?  I love where this is heading.

This battle with the french and apaches sounds like its gonna be a humdinger.  Maybe we could add some corrupt mexican policemen just to round out the fight.  Good stuff, amigo.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #67 : January 14, 2006, 08:29:51 AM »

All right guys, I apologize for not posting anything new for the last couple of weeks.  I've been very busy with school and extracurricular activities.  Our midterms have been in the last week, and I had a (unsuccessful so don't ask) Forensics meet on Thursday.  Maybe tonight I'll come up with something new - we've gotta get out of that village sometime - but I'm not promising anything.  I've had a bout of writer's block any way. . .

Tim

« #68 : January 14, 2006, 11:55:23 AM »

Groggy, I know the feeling of having some writer's block.  I have an idea about where the story could go if you'd like to use it.  In the movie, after Dundee and Co. leave the village we learn that Potts, Riago, and I think Gomez went out scouting to watch the village deal with the French.  We never actually see which always made me wonder if it was filmed at some point.

So you could do our own version of the scouting.  Send our scouts out and tell what happened to them.  And if nothing else, we have the O.W. Hadley trial and execution coming up.  Any ideas on which one of the troop will fill in for ole Hadley?

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #69 : January 14, 2006, 04:26:26 PM »

Groggy, I know the feeling of having some writer's block.  I have an idea about where the story could go if you'd like to use it.  In the movie, after Dundee and Co. leave the village we learn that Potts, Riago, and I think Gomez went out scouting to watch the village deal with the French.  We never actually see which always made me wonder if it was filmed at some point.

So you could do our own version of the scouting.  Send our scouts out and tell what happened to them.  And if nothing else, we have the O.W. Hadley trial and execution coming up.  Any ideas on which one of the troop will fill in for ole Hadley?

I think it was Tyreen and not Gomez who scouted with , but we'll figure out something.  If you know your military history, our prognosis for the battle is good, since we're facing French Groupement Mobile 100.  ;)

If you can't see who'll be the O.W. figure in our group, then (in the words of Angel) "You have no eyes!" ;D His offense will be different though.

Oh, and Beebs - nothing to do with "Trinity".   I haven't seen it, sorry to say.

And I've still got to work Man With A Hand Brace into the story, in a method that I hope won't be a cop out.  Also, I've been watching a lot of "Lawrence of Arabia" the last couple days, so don't be surprised if an homage or two pops up (though again I'm not guaranteeing anything).

I swear to God, I'll post something tomorrow.  Thanks for the suggestion, Tim, at least it's something.  I'll see what I can do it with.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #70 : January 14, 2006, 04:31:27 PM »

Oh and Tim, I was just re-reading this thread and I saw your cousin's name is Matt, when I've been calling him Mark this whole time.  Goddammit!  :P

Beebs

« #71 : January 14, 2006, 08:22:26 PM »

First off, before I get to the real reason for this post, I want to say that I can absolutely understand school and extra activity work. I'm one year behind you in it, so take you time, you don't have to rush it. I'm glad we have this in the first place, if you posted every 3 days it wouldn't be the exciting anticipation it has become. Besides then you can't end each episode with "What will happen to Frisco? Will there be a 52nd member? What will happen next? Tune in next week to find out, Same bat-time, Same bat-channel"

And now for something completely different:

I've been reading the book that The Outlaw Josey Wales was based on called Josey Wales: Gone to Texas & The Vengence Trail of Josey Wales. A lot of Apache Mexican border stuff. Sounds just like your story line. The northern states of Mexico being roamed at will by wild Apache savages. If you can put your hands on it, it would surely interest you. Even if you get it after this story is over it would be a good read, at least the second half, that's all the Apache stuff. Anyway, great job Groggy! Like you say, it's kid's stuff.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #72 : January 14, 2006, 08:42:56 PM »

Thanks for the recommendation, Beebs.  I'll keep an eye open.

The only reason I post such things is that I don't want you guys to think I'm giving up on the story just because I don't post there regularly.  I will keep writing it if at all possible, "Until the Apache is taken or destroyed", but I do have other priorities, as I'm sure most of you can understand.

In fact, I'm going to throw off LoA references.  While I was taking a shower (yes, you're welcome for the image!) I got the queer idea of incorporating "Bridge On The River Kwai" into the storyline.  Don't ask me how, or if I'll be able to pull it off.  Let's at least get to O.W. Hadley before we start thinking about that.

Tim

« #73 : January 15, 2006, 12:53:34 AM »

Hey, Groggy, like Beebs said don't worry about getting stories out.  I know classes can be a hell of a lot of fun.  Second semester just started here for me so I know where you're coming from.

As for the River Kwai reference, any idea how you'd fit it in?  I think you could make a good finale with that type of ending.  Instead of just crossing the Rio Grande, the troop would have to cross a bridge.  Then, you could have somebody charge back across to blow up the bridge and slow up those frenchies.  Just cause its the type of guy I am, I'll volunteer myself for that if need be.

Good luck with the story, Groggy.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #74 : January 15, 2006, 07:56:08 AM »

My plan is something along this line (hope this doesn't spoil it too much) is using Dundee's wounding after the Hadley scene (don't know why since Teresa's dead), and. . . well, I won't spoil it for you.

I wasn't necessarily planning for that to be the climax, but perhaps.  All in good times.

: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines