Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 08:54:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Se sei vivo spara aka Django Kill!... If You Live, Shoot! (1967)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Se sei vivo spara aka Django Kill!... If You Live, Shoot! (1967)  (Read 26578 times)
Angel Eyes
Bandido

I'll ask the questions!

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2004, 04:38:59 AM »

Film Four showed Django, kill last night. I've never seen it before, but I was well impressed, not a great storyline, but well shot and well brutal.
Well?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 05:02:51 AM »

I've never seen it. I would definitely like to expand my spaghetti DVD collection, but haven't found any at any local shops yet. May have to go mail order.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Austin
Bandido

You brought two too many.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 07:12:57 AM »

Yeah I saw that on Film 4 too. I was pleasantly surprised, since I'd been led to believe that all the Django spin-offs were crap (though I think they just stole the name for this one). There was a really cool horror/film noir feel to this film. More please film 4!!!

The Americans have only rented (America) temporarily. If they don't behave well, if the mythical level is lowered... then we can always evict them.
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 01:24:20 PM »

Thomas Milan & Franco Nero are the greatest things going on outside of Leone's Spaghetti Western World.
Django Kill is available through Blue Underground. Wonderful quality DVD.. picture, sound which has english dub, and original italian soundtracks.

http://www.blue-underground.com/movie.php?movie_id=9

Puts the MGM FFOD,FADM DVDs to shame.
The best copy of Django available is the Blue Underground DVD edition, much better print than the Anchor Bay (Which is a double feat. with django strikes again) version, a two year restoration job on a old Rome archive print. extra scenes too.
Its only available, as a apart of the Spaghetti Western Collection 'Box Set' unfortunatly  

http://www.blue-underground.com/movie.php?movie_id=13

which includes Django, Django,Kill!, Mannaja, Run Man Run. All the other films are available separately.

But you can find single copies of this Django on ebay now and again.  -has really good liner notes by Frayling as well.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 02:11:13 PM by The Smoker » Logged

Jayson Kennedy
Bandido

Le tueur

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

But you can find single copies of this Django on ebay now and again.

Be forewarned, Anchor Bay's DVD edition of Django (includes part 2 also) is awful by comparsion. It's also poor authorized and incorrectly framed. Blue Underground Spaghetti box is excellent, and highly recommended, a price decrease on it is going to occur soon so just wait  Grin

« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 01:14:23 PM by Jayson Kennedy » Logged

(one of) moderator: www.dvdaficionado.com
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2004, 01:55:38 PM »

Be forewarned, Anchor Bay's DVD edition of Django (includes part 2 also) is awful by comparsion. It's also poor authorized and incorrectly framed. Blue Underground Spaghetti box is excellent, and highly recommended, a price decrease on it is going to occur soon so just wait  Grin

Do you know by how much Jayson?

Its gonna be a good year for Spag..  Grin
The Japanese Macroni Western DVDs are still going strong.

GB&U gets a facelift.

Fantoma's The Great Silence DVD is been re-released on the 27th January. Everybody must see this!
if your interested in the world outside Leone.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00012L77W/qid=1074891149//ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl74/002-7331625-2764058?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

I all we need now is for WildEast productions to re-release Fistful Of Trailers, by puplic demand.  Wink

« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 02:07:40 PM by The Smoker » Logged

Jayson Kennedy
Bandido

Le tueur

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2004, 03:05:54 PM »

Do you know by how much Jayson?

Blue Underground switched distributors and all they're titles are being re-released (exact same as before) but also lowering in price, I don't know by how much yet but this one's due anytime, as most have been re-issued. Rumors say the price could be $40 or lower. Amazon will have a new listing to reflect it  Smiley  

« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 03:07:50 PM by Jayson Kennedy » Logged

(one of) moderator: www.dvdaficionado.com
Christopher
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 01:02:35 PM »

Now that I have three of the Blue Underground spaghetti westerns released (Django, Mannaja, and Run Man Run), I'm starting to get really curious about Django Kill. The trailer doesn't show anything about what the movie is about (which is probably a good thing considering so many trailers at that time gave away too much). Is this one worth watching? I'm sure the reactions will vary, but that always makes it interesting. Wink

spag fan
Bandido

It don't matter what I say, I'll dub it later.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 01:49:27 PM »

It's worth a watch. After all I'd read about it, I was rather disappointed though. It does have it's cool points, just not as cool as they're made out to be IMO.

I always have this problem. The so called best SW's never seem to fail to disappoint me, while the "crap" SW's are always better than I expect, so I like them. I have to say that Django Kill, The Great Silence,and yes, Keoma Grin, all were a bit of a let down when I finally got around to watching them. Other lesser thought of SW's like Ace High and Stranger's Gundown and Four of The Apocalypse were better than I'd heard or expected, so I liked them!

« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 01:51:30 PM by spag fan » Logged
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2005, 02:18:52 PM »

It a very surreal Spaghetti Western.. 
Its only a Django film in name, Its was called 'If You Live, Shoot!' * originally.
This title confusion dosn't help the perception of what your about to watch really.
Its a exercise in subverting the genre so to speak.
Bits of it look like some kinda 60s Pop Art explosion. Lots of experimental ideas in the flashback sequences.  Some very odd and unpleasent things happen in 'The Unhappy Place' (name of the town)
I don't want to go into details because it could spoil it. But the director could be accused of laying it on a bit to thick in places.
Its a film with is known outside of genre as a general video nasty or explotation movie.

Thomas Milian is very good as always.

Its one to Rent first like The Great Silence, because it splits fans right down the middle. You either enjoy it.. or want to throw it up the wall.

* The Blue Underground interview has comments about Giulio Questi wasn't to happy about the producers/marketing changing the name to use the Django trademark on posters to sell tickets.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2005, 05:05:35 PM »

It's worth a watch. After all I'd read about it, I was rather disappointed though. It does have it's cool points, just not as cool as they're made out to be IMO.

I always have this problem. The so called best SW's never seem to fail to disappoint me, while the "crap" SW's are always better than I expect, so I like them. I have to say that Django Kill, The Great Silence,and yes, Keoma , all were a bit of a let down when I finally got around to watching them. Other lesser thought of SW's like Ace High and Stranger's Gundown and Four of The Apocalypse were better than I'd heard or expected, so I liked them!

spag fan have you ever seen "EL TOPO"

I'll start a new thread with a preview, lol

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Nobody
Gunslinger

Nobody, but Nobody, knows the trouble he's in!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 05:13:44 PM »

I love the idea of the homosexual bandits. The director's explanation on the documentary also gave me a good laugh.

"As boys, they said they would die for each other. As men, they did."
Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2005, 08:15:38 PM »

Has anyone here ever seen Nude Django or Hallelujah For Django? Undecided

Christopher
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2005, 08:23:38 PM »

Has anyone here ever seen Nude Django or Hallelujah For Django? Undecided
Are those real movie titles? Huh

Other lesser thought of SW's like Ace High and Stranger's Gundown and Four of The Apocalypse were better than I'd heard or expected, so I liked them!
Yeah, that seems to be how it works usually. I haven't had major expectations from these movies I've been watching. I've just sat down in front of them and watch.

I am interested in seeing Django Kill from what I've read. It sounds like it might be odd, and I did like Thomas Millian in Run Man Run. My expectations aren't really high, since "odd" can go either way. Cheesy

« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 08:50:37 PM by Christopher » Logged
redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2005, 08:16:37 AM »

I love the idea of the homosexual bandits. The director's explanation on the documentary also gave me a good laugh.

I love this quote from the Shobary's Westerns review:

Gay cowboys, sure they dress up in these black "gayish" costumes but thats about it. They don't act very gay otherwise.

Take it back to the shop, the cowboys aren't gay enough!

« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 08:18:25 AM by redyred » Logged

It's class.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM