Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 03:07:09 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  A dream?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A dream?  (Read 16248 times)
Dlanor
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2005, 12:28:05 PM »

he said that is one way to interperate it.

he did not flat out say it was a dream.

even if he did u can always disagree with a director, though it is there vision. people do that all the time especially with paintings.(people say something contrary to what the artist says)

Pecisely, I like when things are opened, I don't like a locked interpretation. Many film lack this subtelty of ambiguity.

HEX
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2005, 05:55:22 PM »

Pecisely, I like when things are opened, I don't like a locked interpretation. Many film lack this subtelty of ambiguity.

then again in my experience, the artist some times says nothing at all about the piece and usually it is because the painting means nothing to him or her, it is just something else they created. the audience is usually the ones who come up with wacked out theorys and publicize it as the artist's intention.

ive spoken to a few painters who are always sending there work to gallerys and such, and this is what they tell me.

apparently most artist dont place emotion into there paintings. but they like to recieve their favorite color for their work on their artwork.

and their favorite color is not found in their pallets. their favorite color is found in their wallet Grin.

Concorde
Gunslinger

"Finally, I believe ONLY in dynamite...."

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2005, 09:40:44 PM »

Can anyone answer me this.   If Max becomes the U.S. Secretary of Commerce, how reasonable is it that neither Noodles nor Moe have any idea what the U.S. Secretary of Commerce looks like. I'm sure there are newspapers in Buffalo and in New York where Moe lives. There is no cable T.V., but there is network T.V. and nobody knows who Commissioner Bailey is.

Yeah, that's another thing that's always bugged me. However, my hunch is simply that Leone was saving the "Sec. Bailey is really Max" punchline for the audience, and that Noodles had actually figured it all out long before that.

Alan Shearer 9
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2005, 01:35:30 PM »

True, you do have to stretch your imagination a little to see it as a dream. Of course Noodles couldn't know about The Beatles or Buicks. But I think SL was trying to show how part of American society developed and did it through this dream.

Can anyone answer me this.   If Max becomes the U.S. Secretary of Commerce, how reasonable is it that neither Noodles nor Moe have any idea what the U.S. Secretary of Commerce looks like. I'm sure there are newspapers in Buffalo and in New York where Moe lives. There is no cable T.V., but there is network T.V. and nobody knows who Commissioner Bailey is.

Do you know what the current US secretary of commerce looks like? If you do, you're in the minority, trust me

HEX
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2005, 02:06:45 PM »

Do you know what the current US secretary of commerce looks like? If you do, you're in the minority, trust me

very true. but secretary BAILEY was very much in the spotlight wth stuff going on.

Noodles_8
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2005, 02:08:51 PM »

Perhaps, but if there was a scandal going on and reported on T.V., they would show his picture and there would be a picture of him in newspapers.

A month ago nobody would have heard of nor seen Scooter Libby, but since the scandal everyone knows who he is and what he looks like.

1969 television may be primitive compared to today, but it certainly was able to show a picture of a person who was involved in a scandal.

HEX
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2005, 02:11:10 PM »

A month ago nobody would have heard of nor seen Scooter Libby, but since the scandal everyone knows who he is and what he looks like.

forgive my ignorance... but who the hell is this scooter libby fellow?

Noodles_8
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2005, 02:13:04 PM »

Sorry Hex, your #19 and my #20 were posted about the same time and we said basically the same thing.

HEX
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2005, 02:17:02 PM »

Sorry Hex, your #19 and my #20 were posted about the same time and we said basically the same thing.

yes i know i realized it, it is alright none of our faults. no need to apologize. but u still have not answered the question above.

Noodles_8
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2005, 02:23:28 PM »

Scooter Libby works (actually worked) for V.P. Dick Cheney. He's now under indictment by an independant prosecutor. He's involved in the "outting" of Valerie Plame, who was a spy for the CIA.

HEX
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2005, 02:27:55 PM »

Scooter Libby works (actually worked) for V.P. Dick Cheney. He's now under indictment by an independant prosecutor. He's involved in the "outting" of Valerie Plame, who was a spy for the CIA.

thank u for the news. not that i care much iam afraid to say. i dont watch the news ever. reality bores me.

Noodles_8
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2005, 02:31:51 PM »

Might have bored Noodles and Moe too.    LOL

Blueberry
Gunslinger

I've been to Sugar Town and I shook the sugar down

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2005, 01:53:26 AM »

thank u for the news. not that i care much iam afraid to say. i dont watch the news ever. reality bores me.

Well now, I'm from Denmark, and I knew about the Scooter Libby and the CIA agent case. I am just sad to see Cheney walk out on it...

Anyway Hex, you've got a dangerous attitude - u just don't care about policy, war, education, health, POVERTY in your own backyard, drugs, abuse, etc, do you?

You don't vote either I suppose? But you yourself don't really need anything, so the rest... whadda they matter?

You are aware, for instance, that people in Pakistan need your help NOW in order to survive the winter? Send them 20$ instead of buying the next DVD...

Probably not the place to argue 'bout this but attitudes like this must be why the Bushs and Cheneys of this world keep getting power - 'cause we don't really care. Hex! Get up, get out!  Grin

HEX
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2005, 04:02:12 PM »

Probably not the place to argue 'bout this but attitudes like this must be why the Bushs and Cheneys of this world keep getting power - 'cause we don't really care. Hex! Get up, get out!  Grin

youre right this is not the place to argue about this(hello, SERGIO LEONE web board) politics should be left to the ones who know what they are talking about. and i sir for one do not know or wish to know about politics. i think my personal opinions should be respected as i have respected youres. notice i am not going about insulting u for what u believe.

if u are interested in knowing however no i did not vote because i am only eighteen. if i remember correctly the polls were closed a good year ago. Grin(so do the math)

but honestly i dont want to make this an arguement. i just want to be left in peace with my beliefs, if i dont give a **** i dont give a ****. just like u dont dont care about certain things that i might care about.

and u sir assume way too much(a common problem with most people these days.) who says i am not giving money to the troops? are u spying on me through via satellite and marking my every move? no? i did not think so either.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 11:05:14 AM by HEX » Logged
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2005, 05:03:08 PM »

Hex don't be too hard on Blueberry, when I was young I didn't give a sh*t about most things I wasn't interested in either.

Blueberry you can't assume you are always talking to an adult, a lot of people just tune out the quasi-news & political rhetoric we get over here.

Unless we have something on this board that denotes our ages, there is no way of telling wether someone is an uncaring jerk or just a kid so we got to cut each other some slack, and that goes doubly for our international pards, cause of the language barriers to boot.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM