Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 05:37:00 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  A dream?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A dream?  (Read 16186 times)
HEX
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2005, 05:40:57 PM »

Hex don't be too hard on Blueberry, when I was young I didn't give a sh*t about most things I wasn't interested in either.

i dont think i am being rough on BLUEBERRY at all. i am simply defending myself. BLUEBERRY(without stopping to think before typing iam sure, a common mistake) crossed the line a bit in saying that i dont care about others or the troops. all i said was that i am not interested in politics. i never said anything about the war or needy people. he ultimatly crucified me with his words. and was way to overassuming and judging. i think what i replied with was a fair way to defend myself and in no way insulting. i was careful with what i said, something BLUEBERRY should do more often in the future.

again BLUEBERRY i am not insulting u and i do not expect an apology coming my way, but next time do not jump the gun and automatically assume who i am and what i do without knowing me at all.

Blueberry
Gunslinger

I've been to Sugar Town and I shook the sugar down

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2005, 06:22:58 AM »

Gee, I'm sory if I hurt your feelings, Hex. I was just responding to this:

"not that i care much i am afraid to say. i dont watch the news ever. reality bores me."

Statements like these just tend to piss me off. Too much is going the wrong way in the world for people not to care. Or maybe I am just an old fashioned humanist. I guess it would be a lot easier to just shut it out and not care. And play some awesome games on the computer. Whoops, sorry 'bout the sarcasm.... I slipped...

Dlanor
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2005, 09:43:13 AM »

Gee, I'm sory if I hurt your feelings, Hex. I was just responding to this:

"not that i care much i am afraid to say. i dont watch the news ever. reality bores me."

Statements like these just tend to piss me off. Too much is going the wrong way in the world for people not to care. Or maybe I am just an old fashioned humanist. I guess it would be a lot easier to just shut it out and not care. And play some awesome games on the computer. Whoops, sorry 'bout the sarcasm.... I slipped...

Everybody is free to live like he wants. If he wants to live without taking care of world issues, he has the right to do it, and that is his own buisness.
 And if he wants to live taking care of every world issues he can do it too and that's his own buisness too.

HEX
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2005, 12:22:21 PM »

Statements like these just tend to piss me off. Too much is going the wrong way in the world for people not to care. Or maybe I am just an old fashioned humanist. I guess it would be a lot easier to just shut it out and not care.

as far as i am concerned, the world has always been in a nasty spot. the black death during middle ages, civil wars being fought by pretty much all countries in existance in every time period. this war that is going on now is nothing new my friend. this has been a small piece in the pie(dust in the wind if u will). if humanity wishes to continue fighting for no reason, let it be. "peace" is unachievable. this is how it has always been, and always will be. so dont get youre panties in a bunch.

u think i like war? well ill have u know i dont. believe me i can do without some jerk-off strapping c4 to his ****ing chest and threatening to blow up time square. i can do with out power hungry dictators, i can do without
some grubby scripture shouting coward trying to blow up PARLIMENT. i dont like it, just as much as u dont.

and by the way is me sending money to the troops gonna stop this war? no. is the money going to bring our boys home from impending doom?no. is me sending cash to save the children in africa actually gonna stop them from dying off hunger? absolutly not. that money goes into someone elses pocket not the children. so mister "humanist" what have u done to bring peace on earth?.................silence...................just as i thought.

besides if JOHN LENNON couldnt provide peace no one can Grin

« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 12:59:28 PM by HEX » Logged
Dlanor
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2005, 03:37:43 PM »

I think there are two kind of people in the world: the ones who try to change things (especially the bad things)
 and the ones who doesnt' because they think it exists some kind of balance (wich cannot be changed).

« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 03:39:18 PM by Dlanor » Logged
HEX
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2005, 07:34:58 AM »

I think there are two kind of people in the world: the ones who try to change things (especially the bad things)
 and the ones who doesnt' because they think it exists some kind of balance (wich cannot be changed).

well said. i fall into the latter. however that does not make me a bad person. i do enough generosity a year to justify that i have a heart. but i am very cynical about the many nice things i do.

for example i give money to a bum whenever i can, even though i very well know he is just going to take that cash and buy himself some whiskey or go shoot up herione. i have pretty much lost faith in all those homeless folks after many experiences of giving them food and them instantly throwing it away in the garbage. they dont even have the decency to wait until i am out of eye sight to do such a thing.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 10:59:42 AM by HEX » Logged
Blueberry
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2005, 01:21:53 AM »

Money to troops? What on earth does that mean? That is speaking in tongues... I was talking about earthquake victims in Pakistan...

Blueberry
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2005, 05:56:17 AM »

Right, now I'm up to date with the whole troll-thing - beginning to understand - I always thought that there's one guy who's got nothing else to do.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2005, 09:14:11 AM »

Since seeing the DVD and listening to the commentary i pretty much bought into this dream thing and i argued elsewhere that the prepostorous idea of Deborah hitching with Max just had to make it a dream(or nightmare for Noodles).However the other day i doubted myself on a couple of things.
First, the "Stop the War" CND graffitti on the Jewish cemetary wall-but i guess like the colour TV,this could be Leones artistic license.
Second,and this has made me think(although i'd put money on you guys having cleared this up ages ago),with Max,Patsy and Cockeye dead in the tip-off,who pinched the money from the safe in the station or is the scene where Noodles opens the safe to find newspapers,although pre-1968,just part of the dream?

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2005, 06:37:43 AM »

I accept the dream idea, but I personaly dont subscribe to it. Its how I interpret the movie and as we haven't been definatly told its one or the other I really like the idea that everyone can interpret it differently.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2005, 07:56:41 AM »

Either way it doesn't diminish my enjoyment of the movie and this dream controversy compells me to look even harder at the film and find news things i like about it!

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2005, 09:05:34 AM »

I guess this comment is as old as the hills but isn't the use of McCartneys Yesterday an indication that we are talking about reality in 1968?

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM