Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 01:09:27 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Does Anyone Know The Whereabouts of The Original Watches From The Film?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does Anyone Know The Whereabouts of The Original Watches From The Film?  (Read 3218 times)
Musicalpocketwatch
Road Apple

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2011, 10:31:36 AM »

I have Been Wondering For Years...Who Has Got the two Watches From FAFDM?  Someone must know somthing....I herd a rumor that one of them is at the alba Hotel which is one of the film locations in spain...but I bet they would be worth a fortune Today...Even if they didnt make the tune!

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 09:32:53 AM »

Which they probably don't.
Sorry, no idea. I'm fairly new to all this and mostly wondering myself.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
pippo
Road Apple

do the trains stop ?!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 12:22:07 PM »

I have Been Wondering For Years...Who Has Got the two Watches From FAFDM?  Someone must know somthing....I herd a rumor that one of them is at the alba Hotel which is one of the film locations in spain...but I bet they would be worth a fortune Today...Even if they didnt make the tune!
The one you herd rumors about, is shown in this picture taken from http://www.hostal-alba.com/es/content/restaurante-alba and it's a mere pocket watch with a little photo in it captured directly from the movie (pay attention to the tip of a finger included in the photo).
The real watches you refer to are probably kept by members of the Leone family or so I hope...

"Questions are never indiscreet, answers sometimes are" Colonel Douglas Mortimer - Oscar Wilde
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 03:37:49 AM »

I imagine just as easily they could have been props belonging to the studio or some other company like that, and the photos were only inserted into them for the filming.
And they're not identical.
http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=6102.msg146706#msg146706
I wish I had a closer look at Mortimer's watch. I should re-watch the film... Perhaps they're not identical at all!

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
pippo
Road Apple

do the trains stop ?!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 05:16:00 AM »

take a look here http://www.themusicalpocketwatch.com/
they are identical but different in size and in the Mortimer's watch photo the girl, his sister, is a little bit more smiling

"Questions are never indiscreet, answers sometimes are" Colonel Douglas Mortimer - Oscar Wilde
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 06:30:05 AM »

My opinion is why pay money for a fake replica pocket watch (yea so it plays the tune but you can program it to play any tune) so its using cell phone ringtone type technology and isn't remotely a real wind up pocket watch.  You might as well have a cell phone ring the tune, cause sorry to say this is what this add sounds like a glorified cell phone without the phone part, lol, now if you could make calls on the watch........ lol.

If I really wanted the watch,

Here is the real deal below and what the guts of a real deal should look like , only its not playing "60 seconds to what" but how hard would it be to change that pin disc so that it does play  "60 seconds to what"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Zyq4_3qcM&feature=related

Again If I really wanted a replica and had a lot of disposable income, I'd get the real deal and pay $5,000.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM