Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 03:54:10 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Long Live Your Death
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Long Live Your Death  (Read 15939 times)
indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« on: November 11, 2005, 07:29:21 AM »

i love franco but i've not seen this one. i have the chance to buy it, does anyone one know if its worth seeing i know it has Eli Wallach in it. thats all i know.
help someone! (marco/banjo/cigar joe/hex)!!!

That could just be cannon fire.
HEX
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 07:38:15 AM »

i love franco but i've not seen this one. i have the chance to buy it, does anyone one know if its worth seeing i know it has Eli Wallach in it. thats all i know.
help someone! (marco/banjo/cigar joe/hex)!!!

for a second there i thought this was some weird occult thing wishing for his death. Grin Grin Grin

http://www.witchinghourvideo.com

click on the nude women on the tomb then look for westerns. it will have a vague description. but a description non the less.

but i have warned u before INDIO, it is best to no very little about movies so u can be pleasently surprised.
i know u are not a child and do not need to be told what to do, iam just giving u some friendly advice that is all. even i am probably wasting my time, by the time i finish writing this u are halfway to the site Grin Grin.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 08:02:43 AM by HEX » Logged
HEX
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 08:12:11 AM »

also i just saw that the same site i mentioned above is selling copies of SONG OF THE SOUTH the lost disney film
about an ex-slave who tells stories of BRER RABBIT, BRER FOX and BRER BEAR.

disney has never given it a proper release if any. it has been to scared to release it due to the slave issues(of which i am sure no one is gonna say anything even if the film is released, but disney is disney).

if u are not sure what this movie is it inspired the famous MAGIC KINGDOM attaction SPLASH MOUNTAIN, which can be found in DISNEY WORLD and DISNEYLAND(the one in LA. not sure if the ride resides in disneyland PARIS or TOKYO). also the famous disney song ZIP-BA-DI-DOO-DA(sorry if incorrect title but u know the song) is from this film.

so interesting stuff if youre into it. i know ill be buyin.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 08:14:45 AM by HEX » Logged
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 08:20:50 AM »

I say definately buy this Indio if you are like myself a big fan of Franco Nero and Eli Wallach and it took me quite a while to get a copy of Ebay (USA vhs under the alternate title "Don't Turn The Other Cheek" ).This movie is  directed by Duccio Tessari(who also made the Guiliano Gemma Ringo films) and is very much along the same lines stylistically as Corbucci's mercenary type classics albeit in an even more light-hearted vein but not quite upto the same class as those two greats.
Instead of a Polish/Swedish mercenary Nero here plays a Russian Prince mercenary hunting after hidden gold,the location of which is found tatooed on two Mexicans behinds.He is aided by Wallach as a (quite similar to Tuco)peasant who is mistaken as revolutionary El Salvador and together they are pursued by the likes of Eduardo Fajardo(again a General here!) and Lynn Redgrave as a slightly annoying Irish journalist.
I re-iterate if you are at all mad about Companeros/Mercenary then this is a must buy

HEX
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 08:22:51 AM »

Russian Prince mercenary hunting after hidden gold,the location of which is found tatooed on two Mexicans behinds.

reminds me of the STRANGER AND THE GUNFIGHTER with LVC.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 08:25:23 AM »

Hex,what is that photograph?,its SCARY!!!

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 08:47:30 AM »

And there are some rather nice (female) behinds on my Stranger & The Gunfighter video,Hex!!
Does anybody know if the DVD version Blood Money,which looking at Amazon UK has a slightly smaller running time than my vhs ,has all the bum footage intact as my vhs is ex-rental and has seen better days!

HEX
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 08:56:50 AM »

Hex,what is that photograph?,its SCARY!!!

it is the cult comic book hero JONAH HEX.
he is a bit unrecognizable in the picture i got but it is him. if u dont know about JONAH HEX well...

THE BACKGROUND OF JONAH HEX 101

JONAH HEX is a comic book hero by DC COMICS (the guys who brought u superman AND batman). the comic follows the story of JONAH HEX, a badass bounty hunter.
the comic is heavily influenced by the spahetti western, because of its rough violence, situations and weird villians. JONAH himself has gone through every hardship pretty much imaginable, from emotional to physical.in fact the creators made it a point to make HEX the most unlucky bastard in the west. he is constantly being beaten or tortured. in pretty much all the covers of the comic he is seen in great mortal peril, giving u an idea that this is not youre average comic hero. and a different twist to the comic is that main characters would die every so often in the comic, and they would stay dead. after awhile the comic started getting itno weird territory having HEX fight the supernatural and even traveling to the future(  Grin  chuckles Grin). but the comic(from the ones i own) is a must have for spag fans.

the comic ended abruptly in one comic which killed HEX off Cry. it was a very different because he did not go out guns blazing he just got shot while playing poker(some bandit got the drop on him) the rest of the comic is about what happened to the body, which ended up stuffed at a carnival exhibit but was later destroyed due to rain.

most recently they brought HEX back in an all new comic
called TWO GUN MOJO.which i hear tell is wonderful and weird.

i even read a script of the film for JONAH HEX but it never got off the ground. it involved JONAH after outlaws that actually werewolves who want to resurrecct dead confederate soldiers to have a legion of undead soldiers rekindle the civil war.

the comic was wonderful. i only have a few issues and i wish to get more. i buy them at a local comic shop which sells the old ones as cheapo 1 dollar comics(a shame)

the character also appeared in a BATMAN cartoon when BATMAN goes back in time to the old west for some reason(i think the joker sends him there, i havent seen it only read about it).

and i just read that there is a band from ENGLAND and BRIGHTON with the same name. i dont know whether it is a coencidence or they just ripped off the name, or maybe paying homage to it(which is another way of saying stole it) Grin Grin Grin Grin Wink

« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 09:28:29 AM by HEX » Logged
HEX
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 09:14:18 AM »

And there are some rather nice (female) behinds on my Stranger & The Gunfighter video,Hex!!
Does anybody know if the DVD version Blood Money,which looking at Amazon UK has a slightly smaller running time than my vhs ,has all the bum footage intact as my vhs is ex-rental and has seen better days!

i know u have a policy of not buying on dvd spags u already have, but if and when u get the chance they sell a good looking copy with all the nudity at

www.xploitedcinema.com

indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2005, 12:19:16 AM »

thats hex the site was helpful. banjo you convinced me.

Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2005, 12:14:31 PM »

Hi Indio, I've not been about for a few days, so haven't been able to comment.  But I would concur with Banjo's recommendation.  Nero and Wallach are great in it, although Redgrave is highly irritating throughout (its the accent).

There are some great scenes throughout, but it definately doesn't reach the high standards of Companeros or Professional Gun (which I watched the first time the other day and will scribe my thoughts shortly).  If you enjoyed both those films though, you'll enjoy Long Live Your Death also.  Grin

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
riotengine
Chicken Thief

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2005, 01:52:00 PM »

the character also appeared in a BATMAN cartoon when BATMAN goes back in time to the old west for some reason(i think the joker sends him there, i havent seen it only read about it).

Regarding Batman: The Animated Series; Actually, it was a flashback episode that featured Jonah Hex battling the Batman adversary, Ras Al Ghul in the old west. Batman was more-or-less, a supporting character in the episode. It was really a Jonah Hex story.

Hex was also featured in a recent Justice League Unlimited Episode that also include classic DC western heroes, Bat Lash, Pow Wow Smith, and El Diablo. That one was definitely a time-travel episode.

DC also a sci-fi version of Jonah Hex, where he gets whisked away to the far future and does his bounty-hunting there. This futuristic Hex series didn't last too long. There is actually a reference made to this in the JLU episode.

Greg Espinoza

"It's a chess piece, the most versatile on the board. It can move in eight different directions, over obstacles, and it's always unexpected."

-- Richard Boone as Paladin
HEX
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2005, 02:43:42 PM »

Regarding Batman: The Animated Series; Actually, it was a flashback episode that featured Jonah Hex battling the Batman adversary, Ras Al Ghul in the old west. Batman was more-or-less, a supporting character in the episode. It was really a Jonah Hex story.

Hex was also featured in a recent Justice League Unlimited Episode that also include classic DC western heroes, Bat Lash, Pow Wow Smith, and El Diablo. That one was definitely a time-travel episode.

DC also a sci-fi version of Jonah Hex, where he gets whisked away to the far future and does his bounty-hunting there. This futuristic Hex series didn't last too long. There is actually a reference made to this in the JLU episode.

yeah that was pretty much when the series was at an end.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 03:13:38 AM »

Hex,i'm glad you've decided to get Long Live Your Death.I didn't mention this film is also set during the Mexican Revolution and has some similar set pieces to Corbucci's mercenary movies.My USA version has an amusing cartoon opening credit sequence with a pair of sombrero-wearing bottoms swaying to the theme of Don't Turn The Other Cheek!
Hex thanks for the info about your picture and the LVC DVD.I've now relaxed my policy of not rebuying SW's i already own.After taping last nights Django Kill my collection is round about 80 and apart from a handful,i have pretty much all the major SW titles.Some of my favourites i only have on VHS and i will replace on dvd if i see them reasonably priced!

indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 09:34:07 AM »

Banjo apart from leone which are your favorites?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM