Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 08:06:53 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The best movie ever made...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The best movie ever made...  (Read 67060 times)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2006, 06:05:34 AM »

It wouldn't have stood to reason: how anybody on earth can take Eastwood, Cleef and Tuco at the same time? I think Clint saw into it and refused. And I don't think Leone thought for a minute that Eastwood would have accepted. So he made the proposal just to tease him.
Now, I like the three who got the part. And Frank "is" Fonda. The only piece of miscasting (but I know I'm all alone there) is Cardinale.  Let's come up with some alternative there.
Yeah and it woud've been totally unoriginal as Enzo Castelari had already pulled this trick in Any Gun Can Play? where George Hilton guns down Manco,Mortimer and Django in one fell swoop in the intro.
Elam,Strode and Mulock were so perfect because the opening scenes seems to be the generally accepted highlight of the movie apart from the ending of course!

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2006, 06:07:03 AM »

Thats interesting. Why do you think she was miscast Titoli?

and everybody else: want to try a hand in picking out some other actress to play Jill? I know I have no problem with the original.
I'm intrigued to know why too?

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2006, 04:31:51 PM »

She's not enough vulgar for a N.O.'s hooker. Now, I don't mean she should have been played by Shelley Winters (God forbid!), but sure, BB would have looked more the part. Or Raquel Welch. An actress with a more blatant sexuality, anyway.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2006, 04:45:42 PM »

I don't think we want vulgarity in our female lead. She's not supposed to be a real hooker. She's supposed to be The Archetypal Tart With a Heart Who Really Wants to be a Good Girl and Marry the Hero. And Cardinale fits that role to a "T."

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2006, 05:02:38 PM »

I don't think we want vulgarity in our female lead.

Who's "we"?

She's not supposed to be a real hooker.

Uh? Ah, yeah, you're being ironic...

She's supposed to be The Archetypal Tart With a Heart

We're back to base.

Who Really Wants to be a Good Girl and Marry the Hero

What movie are you talking of? Oh, you're being ironic again...

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2006, 05:11:17 PM »

Who's "we"?

Uh? Ah, yeah, you're being ironic...

We're back to base.

What movie are you talking of? Oh, you're being ironic again...

Take it easy Titoli, everyone has thier own opinion!

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2006, 07:18:15 PM »

I'm being ironic too, referee!

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2006, 07:26:47 PM »

lol Grin

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2006, 08:25:20 PM »

I'm being ironic too, referee!

Sorry.  Embarrassed

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2006, 09:43:39 PM »

Very bad idea-i wudda looked like a cheap trick!

I agree with you.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2006, 04:10:45 PM »

She's not enough vulgar for a N.O.'s hooker. Now, I don't mean she should have been played by Shelley Winters (God forbid!), but sure, BB would have looked more the part. Or Raquel Welch. An actress with a more blatant sexuality, anyway.
I'm sure that had Jill  been "vulgar" this wouldn't have suited the storyline-i don't necessarily think all whores have to be vulgar and maybe Jill was a victim of circumstance and following her marriage to McBain maybe all she wanted to do was put this sordid bit of her past behind her.Had she been at all outwardly vulgar  Cheyenne would never had fallen for her charms.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2006, 06:35:55 AM »

And nor for that matter Brett McBain.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2006, 07:56:37 AM »

I'm sure that had Jill  been "vulgar" this wouldn't have suited the storyline-i don't necessarily think all whores have to be vulgar and maybe Jill was a victim of circumstance and following her marriage to McBain maybe all she wanted to do was put this sordid bit of her past behind her.

She surely wanted to forget her past, but the motives behind her actions are not at all  innocent. Marrying McBain is a way out of her trade but, mostly, to riches. Just consider her reaction to the frightful fate occurred to her bridegroom and his family: she doesn't shed a tear for McBain and is suddenly busy finding what McBain had spoken to her about that would make him a rich man. She has married a rich man, surely not a man who would simply take her out of the brothel.

Had she been at all outwardly vulgar  Cheyenne would never had fallen for her charms.
]

Well, I don't think that Cheyenne (or anybody), in front of BB or Racquel Welch (my idea of vulgarity) would have remained indifferent.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2006, 07:21:42 PM »

She surely wanted to forget her past, but the motives behind her actions are not at all  innocent. Marrying McBain is a way out of her trade but, mostly, to riches. Just consider her reaction to the frightful fate occurred to her bridegroom and his family: she doesn't shed a tear for McBain and is suddenly busy finding what McBain had spoken to her about that would make him a rich man. She has married a rich man, surely not a man who would simply take her out of the brothel.
]

Well, I don't think that Cheyenne (or anybody), in front of BB or Racquel Welch (my idea of vulgarity) would have remained indifferent.
An opportunist maybe,but not vulgar.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2006, 11:41:48 AM »

I think that the character's background should have found a way to come to the fore more evidently. Even though I realize that the problem is with CC sex image: I just can't imagine her being a prostitute in a brothel because she looks to me like being indifferent to sex (though, of course,in her private life she may be a maneater). Sure, you can be forced to be a whore and do it against your will. But it doesn't seem to be the case with her opportunist attitude. So the solution should have been found in the screenplay or in the casting. But, as usual when the talk is about CC, I'm all alone.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM