Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 02:23:15 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Did women like rape scenes ?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did women like rape scenes ?  (Read 18614 times)
aaronson
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2003, 02:46:13 AM »

Aaronson, your question brought me to remember why I like this movie so much: would have we loved OUATIA, despite its crude scenes and its main character's big flaws, had it not been directed by Leone and played by the best De Niro of all times (not to mention Morricone's themes, of course)? Hmmm... don't think so.

Please guys let me know what you think about it.

Guy Brush, sorry I did'nt answer .
Yes I love OUATIA  and others Leone"s movies not despite crude scenes but BECAUSE crude scenes and dirty people. When I watch FAFOD in 1965 I was shocked, I liked that and still today. So it's Leone responsability to know what he chooses to show or not.
Best regards

sempre sempre ci ni sara banditinelli in macchia Corsa
Concorde
Gunslinger

"Finally, I believe ONLY in dynamite...."

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2003, 02:33:06 PM »

As we ponder this question, it's worth noting that not only women can be raped.

All you men reading this, please raise your hands if you "liked" the scene from John Boorman's DELIVERANCE in which Ned Beatty gets raped.

Christopher
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2003, 02:58:35 PM »

"Squeal, piggy!!!" Grin

Doesn't that scene go something like that? It's been a while since I've seen it, plus I watched Deliverance on TV, so I got the edited version.

Il Buono
Gunslinger

You're the son of a thousand fathers!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2003, 11:06:03 AM »

As we ponder this question, it's worth noting that not only women can be raped.

All you men reading this, please raise your hands if you "liked" the scene from John Boorman's DELIVERANCE in which Ned Beatty gets raped.

Ok, ok, but the rape in Deliverance was the thing that started it all.  It's the little snowball that starts the snowball-effect, the film couldn't stand without it.

Your ass is grass... And I am the lawnmower
Christopher
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2003, 02:12:29 PM »

Rape is disturbing. I wouldn't want to feel "entertained" by a rape scene.
I know it might be kind of tacky to quote myself, but I found another instance where a rape scene is anything but entertaining. I just recently watched The Last House on the Left. If you've never seen it, or heard anything about it, it's about two teenage girls who are going out to the city for a concert. They get mixed up with some escaped convicts who take them captive and makes them perform humiliating acts. The girls are degraded, tortured and raped. All in all, the movie is quite depressing. The rape scenes are not meant to be taken lightly, the movie and those scenes are supposed to disturb.

I know this is off topic, but I was wanting to show another instance for the subject of this thread.

Jon
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2003, 03:47:18 AM »

Agreed!i have LHOTL,I think it is a very good film but not one I would want to watch very often.Many consider this film to be just exploitation,but where does exploitation begin and 'responsible' filmmaking end.This is an unpleasant film,but that's the point!Same as OUaTiA rape scene.

Jupa
Gunslinger

Viva Leone!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2003, 06:03:09 AM »

Personally,I can handle all the rape scenes in Leone's films except the infamous car rape scene in OUATIA.That scene is really disgusting and in my opinion the worst rape scene in Leone's films.

aaronson
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2003, 07:35:22 AM »

Personally,I can handle all the rape scenes in Leone's films except the infamous car rape scene in OUATIA.That scene is really disgusting and in my opinion the worst rape scene in Leone's films.
...sorry , but I can't handle that others rape scenes could be handled. Even the girl  is sexy and killed herself or even she is a nympho or even she is a whore.  In 1965 women's lib did not exist . In 2003 it's time to  review  sergio  manners.

sempre sempre ci ni sara banditinelli in macchia Corsa
Angel Eyes
Bandido

I'll ask the questions!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2003, 08:37:26 AM »

So how is a rape scene unwatchable, but the cold blooded murder of men women and children acceptable?
My girlfriend hates the rape scenes and thinks I'm sick for watching them, I've tried to explain that this is film making and character development.
Rape must be the most difficult thing for a film maker to portray, and the fact that we are disgusted, appalled or even talking about it is a credit to the director.

Simon
Bandido

"You see, I have a story too Mr Baily"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2003, 09:35:56 AM »

I agree with the last post. Having said that, I still find the rape scene in the car in OUATIA disturbing after probably twelve viewings of the film.
It has been mentioned before, but the magic of Sergio Leone's film is that it shows gangsters as they really are and not the Hollywood glossy stereotype that we generally see.
My wife does not like it, but reckons it's a realistic portrayl of a sad, desperate guy longing for the only thing he cannot have, which is free - Love!
Looks like it's being cut from the soon to be released DVD anyhow.

"What's a Mook?"
KERMIT
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2003, 04:00:12 PM »

"Squeal, piggy!!!" Grin

Doesn't that scene go something like that? It's been a while since I've seen it, plus I watched Deliverance on TV, so I got the edited version.
 don't he have a purdy mouth ? get them paintys down !  scary stuff. and ned beaty ain't that purdy?  
 Kiss

« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 04:06:06 PM by KERMIT » Logged
KERMIT
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2003, 05:23:53 PM »

i'm gonna regret replying to this but it's dirty job...... Angry

in the il indio rape scene morricone records bells(again) and then rapes his own music by holding his hand down on the tape reel while recording thus causing the speed to sound warped.  @ least thats how it sounds in my ears.

leone seems to saying you started watching my movie. it's up to me to show all the aspects from every angle.

once leone is paid to do the job he always sees it through.  and we love him for his honesty brutal as it may be. leone also offers us the other side. landscapes, music, blondie's fast gun, tuco.  MONEY !  adventure.

good bye hoppy & roy.  hello 60's.  the ride got sure nuff bumpy to suit me.

arrested kermento development       happy trails...o.k. ?

« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 05:27:35 PM by KERMIT » Logged
mortimerforever
Gunslinger

when you have to shoot shoot don''''t talk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2004, 09:14:10 AM »

Must agree with Il Buono.

Why are you going under the name of Bill Carson now?

tuco ramirez number01 fan.
''''''''two kinds of spurs my friend.''''''''
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM