Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2017, 10:46:28 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  How Did Max Find "Robert Williams"?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How Did Max Find "Robert Williams"?  (Read 2114 times)
mikimouse
Road Apple

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2007, 01:28:25 PM »

1. Does the book explain exactly how Max was able to find "Robert Williams" a.k.a. Noodles after 35 years of being in hiding?

Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 04:10:28 PM »

I don't think there would be any explanation in The Hoods by Harry Grey because I believe that book ends with the death of the gang in the last liquor run in 1933.  I'm not sure that the novelization of the film adds any insight.  I think the viewer is supposed to just read in between the lines.  Max is a powerful political figure, and still connected to the mob.  He has a lot of resources available to him to track someone down.  A lot times in the gangster and noir genres, you can run but you can't hide for long.  Most of the time they find ya and they get ya.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 05:22:45 PM »

I don't think there would be any explanation in The Hoods by Harry Grey because I believe that book ends with the death of the gang in the last liquor run in 1933.  I'm not sure that the novelization of the film adds any insight.  I think the viewer is supposed to just read in between the lines.  Max is a powerful political figure, and still connected to the mob.  He has a lot of resources available to him to track someone down.  A lot times in the gangster and noir genres, you can run but you can't hide for long.  Most of the time they find ya and they get ya.
What he said.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM