Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 04:17:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Sergio Corbucci versus Sergio Leone?!?!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Poll
Question: By any chance do you enjoy watching Corbucci's westerns over Leone's or vice versa?
Sergio Corbucci
Sergio Leone
Can't Decide

Author Topic: Sergio Corbucci versus Sergio Leone?!?!  (Read 9360 times)
HEX
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2005, 11:39:13 AM »

Sake of argument I'm afraid Hex. Would be interesting if there was one hanging around these parts somewhere.

someone should definatly start one.

i would if i knew how Grin

but then again this is as much his web board as it is leone's. we do tend to talk more about the other sw directors then the maestro himself.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 07:16:21 AM »

How do you mean, my top 10 favourite films of all time which go like so...

1. Once Upon A Time In The West
2. Once Upon A Time In America
3. The Godfather 1+2
4. Blade Runner
5. Vertigo
6. Detour
7. 8 1/2
8. Wild Strawberries
9. Rashomon
10. The French Connection

or in my Spaghetti Favourites which would run like this

1. Once Upon A Time In The West
2. The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly
3. For A Few Dollars More
4. Fistful Of Dollars
5. Duck You Sucker!
6. The Great Silence
7. My Name Is Nobody
8. Companeros
9. Run Man Run
10. Death Rides A Horse

Call me uneducated if you like but i've never seen numbers 5 to 9 on your all time top 10 movies-can you offer any enlightenment?Perhaps i should think about my top 10 apart from SW's!
All 5 Leone movies in the top 5 of your SW top 10-you really are well christened!!!
I'll definately get back to you about my top 10 SW including Leone after i've thought about it for a little while.I should think its pretty gut wrenching to leave any of Leones out.
Hex,Cigar Joe,Marco,Indio and everybody else-how does Leone figure in your top 10 SW's?

HEX
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2005, 07:51:35 AM »

Call me uneducated if you like but i've never seen numbers 5 to 9 on your all time top 10 movies-can you offer any enlightenment?Perhaps i should think about my top 10 apart from SW's!
All 5 Leone movies in the top 5 of your SW top 10-you really are well christened!!!
I'll definately get back to you about my top 10 SW including Leone after i've thought about it for a little while.I should think its pretty gut wrenching to leave any of Leones out.
Hex,Cigar Joe,Marco,Indio and everybody else-how does Leone figure in your top 10 SW's?

well i dont think it is fair to include LEONE in my fav sw list. simply becaues the man had more class then the rest. but if u must it fairs like this.

these are my favorites(they are not going by quality mind u. except for leone which is pure quality)

1.ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST
2. THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY
3. FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE
4.DUCK YOU SUCKER!
5.DJANGO
6.THE MERCENARY
7.MY NAME IS NOBODY
8.KEOMA
9.THE GRAND DUEL
10.DAY OF ANGER

the last two are current favorites. those can change after some time.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 08:06:07 AM by HEX » Logged
Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2005, 08:25:47 AM »

1.GBU
2.FAFDM
3.MERCENARY
4.BIG GUNDOWN
5.COMPANEROS
6.SABATA
7.MY NAME IS NOBODY
8.RUN MAN RUN
9.DJANGO
10.LIGHT THE FUSE SARTANAS..COMING

This would probably be totally different on another day.OUATITW and DYS should definately be up there with the top 2 but i'm enjoying the other 8 a bit more at the moment.
Surprised to see you included Grand Duel!

HEX
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2005, 08:39:46 AM »

Surprised to see you included Grand Duel!

oh i love GRAN DUEL. it is one of those u cannot get bored of. especially the lenght of the film is nice to sit through real quick. it is about an hour and a half(though it think that is what hurt the film the most).

why were u surprised? i gave a review saying that i thought i was suffereing from a burn out of to many spaghettis, and that this film revitalized me.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2005, 08:57:20 AM »

Only surprised you have this in your top 10 at the expense of others.LVC is extremely cool here though.I'm sorry Hex but i'm now being booted off by the missus.Bye.

HEX
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2005, 08:59:33 AM »

Only surprised you have this in your top 10 at the expense of others.

well like i said it can change soon.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2005, 09:07:58 AM »

Good lists Banjo and Hex.

Heres some info about films 5 - 10 Banjo.

Vertgio: My favourite Hitchcock film, its a sublime mix of mystery, romance, passion, beauty and supernatural. Its so beautifully shot and its one of Hitch's most personal films, I cant recomend you enough to see it.

Detour: A fantastic low budget Ulmer Noir. It gets under your skin and its an excellent cinematic experience of a sucker who was in the wrong place at the wrong time...

8 1/2: My favoutrite Fellini film. This masterpiece deals with a directors expeirence of the Italian film industry and what happens when you have a directors block. Fellini put his heart into this film and you can really see it, from its fgreat quirks to its fantastic set pieces and score, a must see for Italian and general Cinema fans.

Wild Strawberries: Another Bergman excellence, the film deals with a proffessor re-living his past during a journey to pick up an award. A must see for the great dream sequence at the begining, a masterclass in the use of early mono sound design.

Rashomon: Akira Kurosawa's break out film, winning the award for best film at Venice, this tale of murder told three ways is very engrossing and well shot. Signs of greatness that would become Seven Samurai are easily visible.

My favourite film list from 11 - 20 continues, you may find some films here you want to check out.

11. The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly
12. La Dolce Vita
13. Rear Window
14. Ran
15. Pickup on South Street
16. Brazil
17. Fanny & Alexander
18. Casablance
19. Citizen Kane
20. 2001: A Space Odyssey

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
HEX
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2005, 09:12:15 AM »

Good lists Banjo and Hex.

Heres some info about films 5 - 10 Banjo.

Vertgio: My favourite Hitchcock film, its a sublime mix of mystery, romance, passion, beauty and supernatural. Its so beautifully shot and its one of Hitch's most personal films, I cant recomend you enough to see it.

Detour: A fantastic low budget Ulmer Noir. It gets under your skin and its an excellent cinematic experience of a sucker who was in the wrong place at the wrong time...

8 1/2: My favoutrite Fellini film. This masterpiece deals with a directors expeirence of the Italian film industry and what happens when you have a directors block. Fellini put his heart into this film and you can really see it, from its fgreat quirks to its fantastic set pieces and score, a must see for Italian and general Cinema fans.

Wild Strawberries: Another Bergman excellence, the film deals with a proffessor re-living his past during a journey to pick up an award. A must see for the great dream sequence at the begining, a masterclass in the use of early mono sound design.

Rashomon: Akira Kurosawa's break out film, winning the award for best film at Venice, this tale of murder told three ways is very engrossing and well shot. Signs of greatness that would become Seven Samurai are easily visible.

My favourite film list from 11 - 20 continues, you may find some films here you want to check out.

11. The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly
12. La Dolce Vita
13. Rear Window
14. Ran
15. Pickup on South Street
16. Brazil
17. Fanny & Alexander
18. Casablance
19. Citizen Kane
20. 2001: A Space Odyssey

the only films i have not seen on youre list LEONE_ADMIRER are WILD STRAWBERRIES( i have been wanting to buy BERGMAN'S SEVENTH SEAL for a while now but it is so damn expensive!) RAN, PICK UP ON SOUTH STREET, AND DETOUR thanks for the list.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2005, 09:13:46 AM »

I love The Seventh Seal. My first Bergman, sadly I feel at times the power can be diminshed as its been so imitated my 'comedy' programs and films  Sad

HEX
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2005, 09:17:42 AM »

I love The Seventh Seal. My first Bergman, sadly I feel at times the power can be diminshed as its been so imitated my 'comedy' programs and films  Sad

it is very good and one BERGAMN'S few that i will actually sit through more then once. i recently saw in film class another of his films that was just awful.
i forgot the title but it was about an actress who has lost the ability to speak and she must be taken care of by a nurse. u can tell it was a personal film of BERGMAN'S but i couldnt sit through it(actually i had to. i was in class)but my mind wandered after an hour.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2005, 09:48:04 AM »

Hex, do you like the films of John Cassevetes, I own the Criterion box and my fave films of the set are A Woman Under The Influence, and Opening Night, followed closely by the original cut of A Killing of a Chinese Bookie and Shadows.

HEX
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2005, 09:55:18 AM »

Hex, do you like the films of John Cassevetes, I own the Criterion box and my fave films of the set are A Woman Under The Influence, and Opening Night, followed closely by the original cut of A Killing of a Chinese Bookie and Shadows.

i cant say that i like him or not. but what i can say is that i would like to watch his films. i just have not found the time, nor the dvd's to watch them. criterion collection dvd's are pretty rare to find where i live. unless u go to a VIRGIN RECORD STORE or a BARNES AND NOBLES BOOK STORE, but there they are overly priced. i saw YOJIMBO the other day for a ridiculous price tag of 40$. but when i find the time and the cash i will give him a look.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2005, 09:57:58 AM »

Have you tried www.cdwow.com? They are good for cheap Criterions.

HEX
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2005, 09:58:35 AM »

Have you tried www.cdwow.com? They are good for cheap Criterions.

no have not thank u for the link.  Cheesy

i want to get RUSHMORE(WES ANDERSON) for criterion. also i would like to get ROYAL TENENBAUMS as well(though i am not sure if it is part of criterion)

« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 10:00:13 AM by HEX » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM