Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:26:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  #1 Western on IMDb
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: #1 Western on IMDb  (Read 23590 times)
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2007, 11:33:44 PM »

Yeah, but what the heck is FAFDM doing as #131..?!!!

Can somebody please explain this to me?  It certainly deserves at least a top 50 rating, in my opinion.

I agree with you totally here Sonny! For a Few Dollars More deserves more recognition.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2007, 11:35:51 PM »

And, for that matter, what's OUATIA doing at 106!

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2007, 09:23:19 AM »

And, for that matter, what's OUATIA doing at 106!

Good question. Who the hell knows? I personally think all of Leone's films, minus Collosus of Rhodes, should be in the top 50.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
KevinJCBJK
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2007, 11:22:31 PM »

I think it's because not many people on IMDB has seen the entire movie. I hate those jerks who edited that movie making it hard for me to get myself a good copy of the DVD.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2007, 11:23:27 PM »

I think it's because not many people on IMDB has seen the entire movie. I hate those jerks who edited that movie making it hard for me to get myself a good copy of the DVD.

Kevin. Have you seen all of Leone's films yet? I'm just curious.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2007, 11:24:12 PM »

Good question. Who the hell knows? I personally think all of Leone's films, minus Collosus of Rhodes, should be in the top 50.

I wouldn't say Fistful deserves a top spot.  And i'm pretty happy with where FAFDM is.

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2007, 11:27:33 PM »

Kevin. Have you seen all of Leone's films yet? I'm just curious.

Nope...still haven't seen Once Upon a Time in America. I don't really care for his sword and sand film. I'll watch if it's on tv.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2007, 12:35:09 AM »

Nope...still haven't seen Once Upon a Time in America. I don't really care for his sword and sand film. I'll watch if it's on tv.

See OUATIA ASAP. I'm curious to see your reaction to it. Did you like Duck, You Sucker?

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2007, 12:39:24 AM »

Yeah I loved Duck, You Sucker. I excepted it to be a weaker film but I was blown away.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2007, 12:44:18 AM »

Yeah I loved Duck, You Sucker. I excepted it to be a weaker film but I was blown away.

Yup. I had the same reaction when I first seen it. The film is just flat out brilliant. It's definitely up there with my favorite Leone films. Once Upon a Time in the West is my absolute favorite but I cannot decide for the life of me which I like better between The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Duck, You Sucker, and For a Few Dollars More. All brilliant films in my opinion. I guess I could like them all the same? Huh

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2007, 12:47:27 AM »

Yup. I had the same reaction when I first seen it. The film is just flat out brilliant. It's definitely up there with my favorite Leone films. Once Upon a Time in the West is my absolute favorite but I cannot decide for the life of me which I like better between The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Duck, You Sucker, and For a Few Dollars More. All brilliant films in my opinion. I guess I could like them all the same? Huh

For a Few Dollars more to me was a big step from A Fistful of Dollars, and he keeps taking big steps with The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, which was the epic adventure western, while Once Upon a Time in the West was the beautiful art western. In terms of artistic quality, I'd say Once Upon a Time in the West is the better film. Duck, You Sucker was something entirely different. Plus I loved those F-bombs.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2007, 09:02:03 AM »

For a Few Dollars more to me was a big step from A Fistful of Dollars, and he keeps taking big steps with The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, which was the epic adventure western, while Once Upon a Time in the West was the beautiful art western. In terms of artistic quality, I'd say Once Upon a Time in the West is the better film. Duck, You Sucker was something entirely different. Plus I loved those F-bombs.

The F-bombs were funny, I gotta admit that. The way Steiger delivers them are exceptionally funny.  Grin

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2007, 10:06:38 AM »

The F-bombs were funny, I gotta admit that. The way Steiger delivers them are exceptionally funny.  Grin

"Hey can I tell you something? F you!"

Also James Coburn's convincing Irish accent and calling Juan a "f-ing chicken thief"

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2007, 11:08:12 AM »

"Hey can I tell you something? F you!"

Also James Coburn's convincing Irish accent and calling Juan a "f-ing chicken thief"

Hell yeah. Coburn's accent was done exceptionally well. I love the way both of them talked.

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2007, 02:00:20 PM »

A lot of people thought Rod was over acting. I thought he was brilliant.

"Hey God, you sure this is Mesa Verde?"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM