Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 08:40:04 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  #1 Western on IMDb
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: #1 Western on IMDb  (Read 24097 times)
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2007, 02:25:22 PM »

A lot of people thought Rod was over acting. I thought he was brilliant.

"Hey God, you sure this is Mesa Verde?"

I know. I don't get where this overacting crap comes from. If he was overacting, don't you think Sergio would have told him so? It's obvious Sergio wanted him like that. Some people say the same about Al Pacino. I read the recent book about Al Pacino. It's a assortment of interviews put together through the years all in this one book. An interesting read. He says that he hates director's that don't direct, director's that tell him to do what he wants. Pacino said he does not like that. He loves when the director takes command and directs you. If Pacino seems to be overacting in some films, which many people accuse him of, then I don't think it's his fault. I don't think he ever overacts, I think his behavior in certain roles are necessary. Take Scarface for example, the ending. His sister has just been killed, plus his so high on cocaine he probably doesn't even realize where he is at the moment. Don't you think you'd do the same thing in that position, act the way he did? He acted perfectly!

Rod Steiger did not overact in Duck, You Sucker. He was perfect.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
KevinJCBJK
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2007, 02:36:15 PM »

I know. I don't get where this overacting crap comes from. If he was overacting, don't you think Sergio would have told him so? It's obvious Sergio wanted him like that. Some people say the same about Al Pacino. I read the recent book about Al Pacino. It's a assortment of interviews put together through the years all in this one book. An interesting read. He says that he hates director's that don't direct, director's that tell him to do what he wants. Pacino said he does not like that. He loves when the director takes command and directs you. If Pacino seems to be overacting in some films, which many people accuse him of, then I don't think it's his fault. I don't think he ever overacts, I think his behavior in certain roles are necessary. Take Scarface for example, the ending. His sister has just been killed, plus his so high on cocaine he probably doesn't even realize where he is at the moment. Don't you think you'd do the same thing in that position, act the way he did? He acted perfectly!

Pacino overact? He becomes his characters. It's too bad Sergio didn't get a chance to work with Pacino, I heard Sergio say that De Niro was a real actor unlike Eastwood. A little harsh for Eastwood.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2007, 02:48:05 PM »

Pacino overact? He becomes his characters. It's too bad Sergio didn't get a chance to work with Pacino, I heard Sergio say that De Niro was a real actor unlike Eastwood. A little harsh for Eastwood.

I think it was unfair of Sergio to say that about Clint. Clint and Robert are two totally different actors. Can you honestly see De Niro playing The Man With No Name? Heck no! Eastwood is extremely talented, just has a different style than De Niro, plus he can direct!

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2007, 02:54:49 PM »

I think it was unfair of Sergio to say that about Clint. Clint and Robert are two totally different actors. Can you honestly see De Niro playing The Man With No Name? Heck no! Eastwood is extremely talented, just has a different style than De Niro, plus he can direct!

De Niro has directed some decent films, but he is no comparison to Eastwood. Eastwood was good enough to earn an oscar nom for his performance in Unforgiven, he has come a long way from Rawhide and he owes it to Sergio Leone.

And De Niro as The Man with No Name...that would be amusing. He would talk a lot and point to himself and look around and doing what he does best.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 02:57:02 PM by KevinJCBJK » Logged
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2007, 02:57:22 PM »

De Niro has directed some decent films, but he is no comparison to Eastwood. Eastwood was good enough to earn an oscar nom for his performance in Unforgiven, he has come a long way from Rawhide and he owes it to Sergio Leone.

Oh he owe's a lot to Leone. He shows it with his dedication along with Don Siegel at the end of Unforgiven. De Niro has directed some good films yes, preticularly A Bronx Tale, but not a lot of people's body of work as a director has compared to Eastwood's as of late, reward wise none the less.

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2007, 03:01:45 PM »

yeah a bronx tale was pretty good. AMC has been showing it, but they cut out the stuff that makes it good.

still think it be amusing to see de niro play the man with no name

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2007, 03:04:30 PM »

yeah a bronx tale was pretty good. AMC has been showing it, but they cut out the stuff that makes it good.

still think it be amusing to see de niro play the man with no name

If Scorsese would have made a western years ago, we may have at least seen something like it. I still wish Marty would direct a western, I mean he loves the genre so much, it be only fitting. You know he'd most likely have some type of roll for Robert De Niro to play.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2007, 03:55:50 PM »

If he was overacting, don't you think Sergio would have told him so? It's obvious Sergio wanted him like that.

That's exact, that "overacting" is part of Juan's character and it's what I love on him!

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2007, 05:10:38 PM »

That's exact, that "overacting" is part of Juan's character and it's what I love on him!

Exactly! Afro

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2007, 11:57:17 PM »

If Scorsese would have made a western years ago, we may have at least seen something like it. I still wish Marty would direct a western, I mean he loves the genre so much, it be only fitting. You know he'd most likely have some type of roll for Robert De Niro to play.

And Leonardo De Caprio, his "new de niro"

Marty needs to get Leo his oscar.

kuwabatake
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2007, 06:20:50 PM »

gbu is a great film it deserves to be number 1 film of all time!!!!!!

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2007, 07:21:15 PM »

gbu is a great film it deserves to be number 1 film of all time!!!!!!

Yeah it's the film that made me fall in love with Sergio Leone's filmmaking.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2007, 01:26:31 AM »

Yeah it's the film that made me fall in love with Sergio Leone's filmmaking.

Same here. It was his first film I saw.

But, still, I would give the Nr. 1 to OUATITW. Just my opinion, of course.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
KevinJCBJK
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2007, 02:26:29 AM »

I've been thinking that too recently.

Bill Carson
Gunslinger

Where`s that damn fly...!?

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2007, 11:35:46 AM »

I absolutely agree! Afro

Once again, I absolutely agree! Afro   What a colaboration it would be in some new SL film: Leone and Pacino!!! Afro

Same here. It was his first film I saw.

But, still, I would give the Nr. 1 to OUATITW. Just my opinion, of course.

Afro Afro Afro   Yes! I simply adore GBU too, but I would probably give the #1 to OUATIW! Probably my favorite film ever, and in my humble opinion, the best movie ever made! Afro

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM