Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 09:59:22 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Here We Go Again, Eh Providence? aka Ci risiamo, vero Provvidenza? (1973)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Here We Go Again, Eh Providence? aka Ci risiamo, vero Provvidenza? (1973)  (Read 6727 times)
indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« on: November 27, 2005, 10:08:45 AM »

just when you thought they couldn't get anymore insane.
the sequel is the maddest SW film i've seen to date. from the moment providence sentanced a man to death and blew cigar smoke that formed into a halo i knew it was a wild ride. not to mention the iceskating chase with milian dressed as a woman and the hurricane kid dressed as a bear (yes really) milian even sings and dances in this one. and of course the director comes from behind the camera to explain a scene when providence asked him.
milians performance is over the top but no more than the film. i honestly forgot i was watching milian and was watching providence. milian may be insane and bigheaded but he's also a genius actor.
the story is that providence falls in love and has a week to come up with enough money to give to the broke lady's father so they can be wed. sounds simple? you can bet your life its not.
if the title seq makes you laugh this film is for you. i loved it.

That could just be cannon fire.
HEX
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 11:21:56 AM »

just when you thought they couldn't get anymore insane.
the sequel is the maddest SW film i've seen to date. from the moment providence sentanced a man to death and blew cigar smoke that formed into a halo i knew it was a wild ride. not to mention the iceskating chase with milian dressed as a woman and the hurricane kid dressed as a bear (yes really) milian even sings and dances in this one. and of course the director comes from behind the camera to explain a scene when providence asked him.
milians performance is over the top but no more than the film. i honestly forgot i was watching milian and was watching providence. milian may be insane and bigheaded but he's also a genius actor.
the story is that providence falls in love and has a week to come up with enough money to give to the broke lady's father so they can be wed. sounds simple? you can bet your life its not.
if the title seq makes you laugh this film is for you. i loved it.

i actually want to see these films. i recently bought a MORRICONE SOUNDTRACK(ennio morricone collection presents spaghetti western). and it has the music to the two films, but in a different title, AT TIMES LIFE IS VERY HARD, ISNT THAY FATE?

and

WE'LL BE BACK, ISNT THAT FATE?

needless to say the music is a goofy fun time. now that whole director coming from behind camera sounds hilarious. i definatly want to see these films. where can i get them INDIO?

indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 12:37:05 AM »

i got them from this guy

http://www.eurotrashcinema.com/

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 06:58:13 AM »

Thanks for the review Indio-you're probably the only guy on the forum with the sequel!Did atlas visuals charge a single dvd price for the double?

HEX
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 11:10:25 AM »

hey INDIO i was researching the PROVIDENCE films on IMBD. they gave the sequel a higher rating. a 7.2! is the second flick a better movie? i like the music to the first better myself(not that has anything to do with anything)

also INDIO how the hell do u order the stuff? u cant click on the item u want. or do u specify what u want later?

« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 11:15:08 AM by HEX » Logged
indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 12:08:29 AM »

hex e mail him he will sort it out. i do like the sequel better because its totally insane.

HEX
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 08:01:33 AM »

hex e mail him he will sort it out. i do like the sequel better because its totally insane.

thanks INDIO i figured it out last night. seem sort complicated though. why cant he just make it easier on everyone and just let u pick through the archive?

well anyway....
he has got a nice rack of sw's.
i definatly want to get HARD DAY OF VENGEANCE(i think that is the title) starring GEMMA. i have heard about this one, and there is a segment of music in KILL BILL from this film(and i liked it), and when i heard from this website that it has a sheriff who throws his badge like a ninja star i was sold Grin

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 12:46:50 PM »

Arizona Colts review:-

HERE WE GO AGAIN, EH PROVIDENCE? 1973-Even more oddball and cartoonish sequel to Petroniís original. More Looney Tunes style comic theatrics starring Tomas Milian as the Chaplinesque Providenza. This one has less spaghetti trappings than its predecessor. The jokes, sight gags and pratfalls are non-stop and I canít even tell you what itís all about. Itís still more polished than any of Carnimeoís out-of-control ďcomediesĒ. There appears to have been a bigger budget this time out as well. The opening is about the only western element present in the whole picture and itís pretty funny. If you like AIRPLANE! style humor, you may have the patience for this. The first film is better, though. Alberto de Martino directs.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 12:24:13 PM »

I saw a half of it some months ago and didn't make it to the end, but today was on air and saw the rest of it. Milian is dressed like  Chaplin but he's far from chaplinesque. As said, this is rather cartoonish. And as much as it is no-holds-barred as can be it doesn't have that rhythm and inventiveness of Warner cartoons. So most of the gags fall flat, in spite of Milian efforts. Still this is one of the movies one shouldm watch to understand how great an actor he is, in spite of the lameness of the jokes. His use of his body is impressive (see the chicken scene). The score is not memorable, though good, as only to be expected. The best thing is the visual: production values as in only a few of spaghetti which make the movie a pleasure to watch at least once. 6\10

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 04:22:21 AM »

In both Providence films a lot of the jokes don't hit the mark but still these  peculiar films and Milian are likeable.I agree with AC that the more western-like first movie has the edge here.

Thought the recurring joke involving the fly in  De Martino's film was hilarious. Cheesy

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 09:39:50 PM »

Milian is dressed like  Chaplin but he's far from chaplinesque. As said, this is rather cartoonish. And as much as it is no-holds-barred as can be it doesn't have that rhythm and inventiveness of Warner cartoons.

Milian's mannerisms and actions mimick, and are reminiscent of Chaplin's silent pictures. I never said anything about the "rhythm" of the slapstick but the gags are not unlike those found in Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies cartoons from Warner Brothers whether they have (that oft used word) "rhythm" and inventiveness.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM