Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 05:55:10 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Baker
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baker  (Read 4536 times)
Beebs
« on: November 29, 2005, 12:07:10 PM »

If the cashbox interested Angel Eyes, why did only the name interest Baker? I guess my question is, Why is Baker so "interested in the name Jackson's hiding under now"? Whouldn't he be interested in the "cashbox"?

HEX
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 12:50:23 PM »

If the cashbox interested Angel Eyes, why did only the name interest Baker? I guess my question is, Why is Baker so "interested in the name Jackson's hiding under now"? Whouldn't he be interested in the "cashbox"?

i am sure BAKER knew about the cash box. he wanted to know what name JACKSON was hiding under to go get him himself and take the cashbox back.

Beebs
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 04:52:39 PM »

From the situation and dialogue I gathered that Angel Eyes had a little bonus in finding out about the cashbox.

A few things that might interest you and a few things that might interested me.

il brutto
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 02:55:33 AM »

HEX, you are right, Baker is aware of how Angel Eyes is BAD and dangerous, that's why he doesn't want him to know about the existence of the treasure. He only needs him to get from  Stevens the new Jackson's name. But his plan failed.
But there's one thing that doesn't convince me: when Stevens asks Angel Eyes:
-  why do you say Jackson changed his name?
Sentenza replies:
- I had already found him.
This seems to mean it was not Baker to tell him about the identity change, but was his deduction. Maybe only a lie for Stevens, but the whole thing seems strange.

HEX
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 07:32:56 AM »

This seems to mean it was not Baker to tell him about the identity change, but was his deduction. Maybe only a lie for Stevens, but the whole thing seems strange.

i have always pondered this as well. but i have always thought that it was a lie. at least that explianation makes me feel better about the question.

il brutto
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 08:48:55 AM »

It seems to be the only logical explanation

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 10:40:01 AM »

Angel Eyes assumes and states that Jackson must've changed his name, otherwise he would've found Jackson already.

Beebs
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 06:36:19 PM »

Perhaps he was hired to find Jackson by Baker and went back empty handed and said "Hey I can't find him he must have changed his name." So Baker decides to pay him extra to find out the name then find Jackson himself.

il brutto
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 07:35:58 AM »

Beebs, it could make sense, but if it is like you say, we must assume:
- that Baker the first time didnít suggest Angel Eyes to go to Stevenís house, but only to find a certain Jackson somewhere.  He gave him the minimum information trusting in his hunting skill.
- After Angel Eyes fails his first mission, Baker is obliged to send him to Stevensí running the risk of involving him in the cashbox affaire. And thatís what happens.

Yes, it makes sense, you have convinced me.

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 02:45:15 PM »

HEX, you are right, Baker is aware of how Angel Eyes is BAD and dangerous, that's why he doesn't want him to know about the existence of the treasure. He only needs him to get from  Stevens the new Jackson's name. But his plan failed.
But there's one thing that doesn't convince me: when Stevens asks Angel Eyes:
-  why do you say Jackson changed his name?
Sentenza replies:
- I had already found him.

SORRY TO BE PICKY BUT HE SAYS "I WOULD HAVE FOUND HIM ALREADY"...NOT "ALREADY FOUND HIM"

ICE Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
il brutto
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 05:44:20 AM »

Sorry Iceman, I am italian and I translated the sentence from the italian version, furthermore my english is not so good.
I would like to know your opinion about my posts: did Baker know and tell Sentenza about Jackson identity changing, or it was his deduction?
I am trying to reconstruct all the matter from the moment the three ex-soldiers steal the cashbox until Baker hires Sentenza to look for Jackson.
Does anybody have an idea of how all is gone?

Hanley
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2005, 09:23:36 AM »

Sorry Iceman, I am italian and I translated the sentence from the italian version, furthermore my english is not so good.
I would like to know your opinion about my posts: did Baker know and tell Sentenza about Jackson identity changing, or it was his deduction?
I am trying to reconstruct all the matter from the moment the three ex-soldiers steal the cashbox until Baker hires Sentenza to look for Jackson.
Does anybody have an idea of how all is gone?

The original script (similar to the film) went something like: Angel Eyes says, "Perhaps Baker would like to know what you [and Jackson] talked about, especially in relation to the cashbox. But that is not what I am being paid for. I only want to know under which name Jackson is hiding under." It appears that Baker suspected/knew that Jackson had changed his name.
It also says in the script that Angel Eyes sees the shadow of the [16-year old] eldest son of Stevens in the glass of the photo on the wall. He spins around and shoots the son . .† . I haven't noticed whether this detail appears in the film (?).

« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 04:22:57 AM by Hanley » Logged
Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2005, 08:29:06 PM »

it is

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM