Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 02:35:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  hey have fun with this.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: hey have fun with this.  (Read 2122 times)
HEX
« on: December 02, 2005, 08:08:35 AM »

go to a dvd store where u know they are not going to have A FISTFUL OF DYNAMITE in the dvd section. and then ask an employee that u know he/she does not have the slightest clue that movie exists, and go up to him/her and say "hey does this store carry a fistful of dynamite?" they will give u a strange look. Grin

this happened to me in april when the films came out on the special edition dvd. at the time i did not notice they were realeased for region two only. so i want to the local BEST BUY and looked around for it. naturally it was not there. but i went to an employee just to make sure i had not missed it and asked him if the store is carrying a fistful of dynamite? the kid just looked at me and smirked and he kinda of walked away. naturally i got rather pissed because that bastard is hear to serve me that is what he is paid to do, and he is just walking away from me! what the hell!? but before i shouted an insult i realized how silly the question sounded.

"does youre store carry a fistful of dynamite?"

so needless to say i forgave the ignorant little bastard and chuckled to my self.
from then on whenever i go in that place  i have to ask that question just to see what the employees do. Grin

u should try it. it is good fun.

Tim
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 09:51:58 AM »

Hughes' "Pocket Essentials" begins with something like that.  He says go into a video store and ask," Do you have a Gun for Ringo?" or "One Silver Dollar?" 

I thought that was a good way to introduce his book since spaghetti westerns not done by Leone are always overshadowed or obscure and no one knows what they are.

HEX
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 11:01:56 AM »

Hughes' "Pocket Essentials" begins with something like that.  He says go into a video store and ask," Do you have a Gun for Ringo?" or "One Silver Dollar?" 

I thought that was a good way to introduce his book since spaghetti westerns not done by Leone are always overshadowed or obscure and no one knows what they are.

the more i hear about this book the more i want to read it Cheesy where can i get it? anyone know?

Tim
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 01:17:49 PM »

Hex, check over at amazon.  I know its out of print but there are vendors who sell it for fairly cheap.  I've had good experience buying from vendors so that's always an option.

As for the book, its good if you don't know a whole lot about spaghettis.  It is a fun read, but it doesn't offer a lot.  Worth checking out though if you can find it for cheap.  Its only like 100 pages.  It seems to me that you have a pretty good knowledge about spaghettis so don't kill yourself trying to find a copy.

HEX
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 03:13:39 PM »

Hex, check over at amazon.  I know its out of print but there are vendors who sell it for fairly cheap.  I've had good experience buying from vendors so that's always an option.

As for the book, its good if you don't know a whole lot about spaghettis.  It is a fun read, but it doesn't offer a lot.  Worth checking out though if you can find it for cheap.  Its only like 100 pages.  It seems to me that you have a pretty good knowledge about spaghettis so don't kill yourself trying to find a copy.

thanks for the info. i get ya. just make it a casual buy, if u see it and if it is cheap go for it Wink

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM