Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 10:58:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  El chuncho, quien sabe? aka A Bullet for the General (1966)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: El chuncho, quien sabe? aka A Bullet for the General (1966)  (Read 16855 times)
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2005, 05:10:20 PM »

Dam, missed the intro last night. Did Cox discuss anything about writer Franco Solinas?

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2005, 05:08:45 AM »

He definately did give a mention to Solinas including the other movies he provided storylines/scripits for-i'm sure he mentioned Burn and one or two others!

pablo113
Bandido

"No, no water"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2006, 01:24:13 PM »

Anyone see this film? I thought it was awesome. Its like one of those rare treasures that most people will never see, especially in the USA.  Makes me feel that there is still hope for the film industry, I really think that european films are where it at. Gian Maria Volente is an amazing actor. I ordered "Day of Anger"....looking forward to seeing it. These films are becoming more and more rare.

Pablo

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2006, 01:49:10 PM »

Anyone see this film? I thought it was awesome. Its like one of those rare treasures that most people will never see, especially in the USA.  Makes me feel that there is still hope for the film industry, I really think that european films are where it at. Gian Maria Volente is an amazing actor. I ordered "Day of Anger"....looking forward to seeing it. These films are becoming more and more rare.

Pablo

Bullet for the General or Quien Sabe? is a great film. My favorite part is in the beginning with the captain crucified on the railroad tracks. Great scene.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2007, 05:19:51 PM »

This is one spaghetti western I have yet to see. Is it worth buying?

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2007, 09:46:00 PM »

This is one spaghetti western I have yet to see. Is it worth buying?

Absolutely.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2007, 09:50:42 PM »

Thanks Peacemaker!!! I will get buy it as soon as I can.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2007, 09:37:59 AM »

agreed buy it before it goes out of print.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 01:24:29 PM »

If you cannot obtain the Anchor Bay release there are a number of dvds from other countries for this title. Try xploitedcinema.com.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2007, 08:01:03 PM »

If you cannot obtain the Anchor Bay release there are a number of dvds from other countries for this title. Try xploitedcinema.com.

Thanks Arizona Colt. I found it though through BarnesandNoble.com. They usually have a lot of these sorts of titles.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 08:26:36 PM »

I finally recieved A Bullet For The General and watched it. I was impressed. Good, solid spaghetti western with a surprising ending.

****spoiler****question below if you haven't seen the film.

Do you think the reason for El Chucho killing Niņo at the end was for the soul purpose of Niņo killing his brother El Santo? I mean you all seen it for yourself, Niņo saved Chucho's life. Santo was going to kill him, and then recieved a lot of gold from Niņo in return. I don't get why Chucho killed him. In my opinion, I don't think he respected Niņo all along. I think he would of killed and robbed him even if he didn't kill his brother. That's just my opinion. What do you think?

pixelated
Gunslinger

perhaps.. i have a dream

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 11:38:49 PM »

I finally recieved A Bullet For The General and watched it. I was impressed. Good, solid spaghetti western with a surprising ending.

****spoiler****question below if you haven't seen the film.

Do you think the reason for El Chucho killing Niņo at the end was for the soul purpose of Niņo killing his brother El Santo? I mean you all seen it for yourself, Niņo saved Chucho's life. Santo was going to kill him, and then recieved a lot of gold from Niņo in return. I don't get why Chucho killed him. In my opinion, I don't think he respected Niņo all along. I think he would of killed and robbed him even if he didn't kill his brother. That's just my opinion. What do you think?

i think he was killing what Niņo represented. he had to.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2007, 05:47:59 AM »

blood is stronger than friendship sometimes. Cool

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2007, 09:33:55 AM »

blood is stronger than friendship sometimes. Cool

That's very true. I was surprised by the ending myself. I honestly thought Chucho was getting on that train.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2007, 10:24:54 AM »

A brilliant ending that is certainly worth analyzation.

I have a theory that Chuncho never believed in the "cause" of the revolution (He stole arms to sell, not to help the peons) but he finally does at the very end. Notice he gives the money to a peon after killing Tate shouting "Don't buy bread with that mister! Buy dynamite!".

He sells his soul to the "devil" (Bill Tate) but later, seeing the error of his ways, rectifies his mistake. It's totally about redemption.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM