Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 02:40:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  How Does Indio Know?!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How Does Indio Know?!  (Read 9848 times)
Hanley
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2005, 12:31:51 PM »

But Indio and his gang were outside Agua Caliente so how could he have seen the apples being shot off the tree? I always wondered what that line meant.

Don't forget that Indio said that he had friends in Aqua Caliente. The locals would have talked about the apple shooting incident etc.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2005, 06:07:34 AM »

Okay I may be able to figure out how Indio knows that the Colonel is a bounty hunter but how the hell does he know Blondie is a bounty hunter?! Did he see it in a newspaper like the Colonel or what?!
Howard Hughes in his book argues that Manco's leather wrist gauntlet gives his bounty killing identity away to Indio.It protects his wrist when drawing the pistol but he does not wear it when freeing Sancho Perez and delivering him to Indio . Manco's reputation seems to be associated with the gauntlet because he reveals it to the three bandits on route to Santa Cruz before shooting them.After the El Paso bank robbery Manco quickly removes the gauntlet,and when Indio captures Manco he tells him to put it back on because there's little point hiding it anymore.

Beebs
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2005, 09:22:01 AM »

I always thought these "friends" told Indio.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2005, 08:08:56 AM »

Weren't these guys just a "welcoming" commitee for any unwanted strangers in the village rather than being Indio's friends and how would they know about Manco's bounty hunting activites anyway?.I assume that the smarter Colonel Mortimer would have managed to get himself into the village earlier on in a much more peaceful vein!

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM