Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2019, 07:47:22 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Guilty Secrets: Films You like That You Shouldn't
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 [3] 4
: Guilty Secrets: Films You like That You Shouldn't  ( 17230 )
Tim

« #30 : August 21, 2006, 10:24:13 AM »

I first saw "Red Dawn" when I was about eight and it fed into my fantasies of me saving the world (or at least the US) from them evil Commie bastards.

Isn't that opening scene great?  All those Russian paratroopers falling from the sky, and then the teacher getting shot!  It is a corny movie, but it is also very entertaining.  Hey look, Powers Boothe!   ;D

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #31 : August 21, 2006, 11:11:59 AM »

Shh... I like Disney's Brother Bear. Probably because I like bears... It seems that this film isn't much unique or anything like that, but still I like it.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #32 : August 22, 2006, 02:38:15 AM »

OK i'm coming out :-[
I bought the recent Willy Wonka & His Chocolate factory dvd but solely for the footage and documentary of the 40 trained grey squirrels which were taught to shell walnuts and place them on a conveyor belt.I wouldn't normally touch a remake with a bargepole,but myself and Mrs Banjo are totally squirrel mad-they come into our house to feed.Anyway at least Tim Burton directed it! ::)

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #33 : August 22, 2006, 02:41:56 AM »

I bought the recent Willy Wonka & His Chocolate factory dvd but solely for the footage and documentary of the 40 trained grey squirrels which were taught to shell walnuts and place them on a conveyor belt.

Hehe. I'm afraid I would do the same if a film used marmots... I need to see Groundhog Day!

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #34 : August 22, 2006, 04:21:34 AM »

Hehe. I'm afraid I would do the same if a film used marmots... I need to see Groundhog Day!
Very funny film!
Is the marmot just a giant squirrel? ::)

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #35 : August 22, 2006, 05:05:22 AM »

Well I'm very violently anti-squirrel myself, as is my family. . . chipmunks, on the other hand, are always welcome.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #36 : August 22, 2006, 08:14:44 AM »

Well I'm very violently anti-squirrel myself, as is my family. . . chipmunks, on the other hand, are always welcome.
Violently :'(
Why chipmunks and not squirrels?
The latter have more personality and are not so hyper.We have over a dozen grey squirrels visiting our house/garden,all with names and different characters,and we get a huge amount of pleasure interacting with them.How can you be horrible against such cute harmless little critters.
If you are talking about tree damage etc,then humans are by far the most destructive creatures on Earth :(

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #37 : August 22, 2006, 09:49:05 AM »

Is the marmot just a giant squirrel? ::)

Almost. It is relative to squirrels (not only a rodent, but even closer relative, together with beavers!) But it doesn't eat nuts, as far as I know.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« #38 : August 22, 2006, 09:55:34 AM »

Marmots:

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #39 : August 22, 2006, 10:00:12 AM »

Oh, they're lovely... I've got loads of their photos on computer, but only on computer.
The greatest groundhog site I know:
http://www.hoghaven.com/

« : August 22, 2006, 10:02:54 AM marmota-b »

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #40 : August 22, 2006, 10:18:13 AM »

OK i'm coming out :-[
I bought the recent Willy Wonka & His Chocolate factory dvd but solely for the footage and documentary of the 40 trained grey squirrels which were taught to shell walnuts and place them on a conveyor belt.I wouldn't normally touch a remake with a bargepole,but myself and Mrs Banjo are totally squirrel mad-they come into our house to feed.Anyway at least Tim Burton directed it! ::)

I thought the squirrel's movements were digital enhanced.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Aguirre
Bandido

I am the wrath of God!

« #41 : August 22, 2006, 02:22:14 PM »

Bloodrayne!

Cast no shadows - Draw no light. I rape the priestess on pagan's night.
Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #42 : August 22, 2006, 02:54:27 PM »

Ah can't someone smuggle these marmots into England as well as your gorgeous cuddly fox squirrels? ::)

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #43 : August 22, 2006, 11:55:45 PM »

Ah can't someone smuggle these marmots into England as well as your gorgeous cuddly fox squirrels? ::)

No, they surely don't have such good environment in England! ;D

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #44 : August 23, 2006, 12:09:10 AM »

I thought the squirrel's movements were digital enhanced.
Only slightly where the squirrels shake the walnuts to their ears to check if they were "bad nuts" but otherwise the squirrels were taught to shell the specially made inedible walnuts and place them on the belt.They were also taught to run up the length of Veruca Salt and also jump up and shove her dad over into the shoot.

: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines