Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 07, 2019, 12:51:59 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Guilty Secrets: Films You like That You Shouldn't
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4]
: Guilty Secrets: Films You like That You Shouldn't  ( 17320 )
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #45 : August 23, 2006, 12:21:00 AM »

No, they surely don't have such good environment in England! ;D
Well your grey squirrels moved in quite comfortably into Britain..The grey squirrel is quite often blamed for displacing our native reds decline just because it is the larger animal but that is too simplistic a picture.The reds were hunted to near extinction in the 19th Century(we even had to import European reds of a different genetic strain-so really what we have now in the way of reds are "foreigners" too  ;D ),but also drastically declined in numbers due to disease and habitat loss.The greys who are more suited to decidious woodlands (more prevalent in much of the UK) were really just filling in a vacuum left by the reds who still have strongholds in parts of the UK where there are pine forests to which the reds are more suited.
   Seriously though it probably wouldn't be such a good idea to introduce wild marmots at risk of affecting our eco system :-\

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #46 : August 23, 2006, 04:55:20 AM »

We have over a dozen grey squirrels visiting our house/garden,all with names and different characters,and we get a huge amount of pleasure interacting with them.How can you be horrible against such cute harmless little critters.

The man is daft!  ;D

We have a grey squirrel strain here in the Catskills that are entirely black.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #47 : August 23, 2006, 07:26:01 AM »

Well your grey squirrels moved in quite comfortably into Britain..

Seriously though it probably wouldn't be such a good idea to introduce wild marmots at risk of affecting our eco system :-\

Not ours. We have reds here in the Czech Republic ;D (and some of them are also almost black). I love them, too.
There is one Czech site about people who also have squirrels with names and all that stuff, so you're not alone.

I care more about mountain marmots (marmota marmota). Unlike groundhogs/woodchucks (marmota monax) they live in families, which is much more interesting. And for them Britain really wouldn't be the best environment! They need alpine meadows. I think there aren't many of them in Britain. Correct me, if I'm wrong...

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

« #48 : March 18, 2013, 02:21:27 AM »

Armour Of God II: Operation Condor
The Karate Kid Part III
Beverly Hills Cop III
Rocky V

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines