Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 01:41:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Ennio Morricone (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Ennio Morricone SW Filmography Guide
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ennio Morricone SW Filmography Guide  (Read 81983 times)
Sundance
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2005, 05:23:38 AM »

Well I have never seen Carry On Cowboy so I can't say much about it. Grin Seems to be from UK which I guess is why fatman lists it, since his site is for spaghettis and eurowesterns in general.

Then again a lot of people seem to consider all eurowesterns as spaghettis. For some people spaghettis are only those that have been produced in Italy, while others don't even consider some italian westerns to be spaghettis because they lack certain kind of style or music or mood or whatever.
I'd personally be willing to go along with counting all eurowesterns as spaghettis, or just talking about all eurowesterns as eurowesterns. (just because it would allow me to ignore all the stuff about what was produced where and by who Wink )

Cemetery Withous Crosses is a french movie I understand (country is listed as France/Italy) with french director, several french actors, music by french, producers are french, story and screenplay by french plus Argento. Yet if this isn't spaghetti, then nothing is. Wink And has been released in the macaroni western collection by SPO.

Everyone can of course have their own opinion about what is spaghetti and what is not, and so if you want to keep Guns for San Sebastian out of the list, please do so. Smiley I just decided to wonder why some italian coproductions would be spaghettis and some others not. Grin

So What Am I Doing In The Middle Of A Revolution? is a italian/spanish coproduction filmed in Mexico (didn't know about this btw) and Guns for San Sebastian is french/italian coproduction filmed in Mexico(?). So what's the difference? (wait, nationality of directors atleast Wink )

« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 05:29:05 AM by Sundance » Logged

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2005, 06:08:37 AM »

what he said..... Cool

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2005, 07:12:50 AM »

I would be loath to call Carry On Cowboy a "Euro" western, despite the UK being part of Europe,because it comes from one of a series of a very uniquely British slapstick comedies.If you've ever seen those naughty British seaside animated postcards full of bare boobs,bums and innuendo then you'll understand the humour which is the Carry Ons.
I agree what you are saying Sundance and there are so many grey areas between what constitutes a SW wester or a Euro western.I have been using Howard Hughes SW books as a rough guide to SW's and he discusses at some length the USA and Euro westerns that have tried to copy the formula.However in his pocket guide he includes a Man Called Sledge which i took his word as being a proper sw,but since then i've learned there is some dispute over this including the director being American.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2005, 07:12:55 AM »

I agree its essential.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2005, 07:13:26 AM »

great soundtrack, I love it to bits.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2005, 07:14:38 AM »

I gave it a very good, I love the score and I think it lays down even more the foundations for his later work.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2005, 07:42:16 AM »

This is not only my favourite Morricone score but also my all-time favourite movie soundtrack.I can listen to the main Gui La Testa theme over and over and i love the way it shifts from the opening strings,picking up tempo for the whistling theme before transmuting into that wonderful Edda Dell 'Orso vocal and finally the repetative Sean Sean chants.The arrangements and experimentation that Morricone uses for Inventions For John and Rivoluzione Contro are unmatched even by Morricone himself.All of this music is undoubtably melancony,but oozing with tons of humour and incredibly moving!!!
This poll will close on the 30th December.Time to move onto the non-Leone soundtracks next!!!

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2005, 07:46:10 AM »

not my favourite score, I gave it a good vote.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2005, 07:59:39 AM »

How often do you watch DYS Leone Admirer and do you have the SE DVD?
Like Leones two other post Dollar Trilogy movies i had to watch this a few times to get into it properly and my first impressions of the soundtrack were less than good but like the Leone visuals the music slowly but surely creeps up on you.Sometimes i just can't get that Gui La Testa theme out of my head and it brings to mind those  glorious flashbacks of Coburn in Ireland which i find very affecting!

Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2005, 08:11:37 AM »

I also love that theme banjo but having said that i give it a V.Good as i rate  GBU and OUATITW soundtracks higher.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2005, 08:21:09 AM »

Your vote doesn't seem to have registered LeBon!!
I'll be amazed if Duck You Sucker gets anything less than an overwhelming "essential" vote considering the number of polls done on the other main Leone threads where DYS always comes out top!!
Lets hope that the Leone-only purists will stumble upon this new poll!!!

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2005, 08:27:52 AM »

I've only seen it twice via television screenings, I'm holding out for the R1 SE so it'll be uncut. I'll probably be even more enamoured with it when I have it on DVD.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2005, 08:34:53 AM »

I was gonna do the same until the WHSmith offer came up for DYS,FOD and FAFDM being 5 each.I got so fed up with this (Sony?) takeover holding up the Region 1 releases and not hearing any news or replys to my email queries.I desperately had to see that final flashback ending-but if i see the Region 1 SE DYS surface on UK amazon for about a 5-which is what i paid for GBU and OUATITW, i'll be tempted!

« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 08:39:22 AM by banjo » Logged
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2005, 08:37:00 AM »

News is that they are coming is that we may have to wait a while thats all. We have to hang in there  Grin

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2005, 08:40:02 AM »

I played the new DVD and taped BBC2 versions together in synch and found there are only 3 seconds of horsefull cuts which is definately a case of blink and you'll miss it!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM