Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 15, 2024, 08:38:39 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  replica poncho on ebay
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: replica poncho on ebay  ( 10130 )
sadhill
Gunslinger

"Un-k...Un-K......... There's no name on it."

« : May 07, 2003, 01:18:45 PM »

check out the following

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3324570998&category=18834

ebay item 18834 stated to be a replica given out during the release of a fistful of dollars, not exactly correct but is it legit??

Halis
Bandido

I'm a llama!

« #1 : May 07, 2003, 03:17:24 PM »

I just mentioned this on the OUITW poster thread, but it might be worth discussing here.
Cusser notes that the poncho as seen on the original GBU poster is red, whereas the one in the movie is brownish. I am sure that in the DVD of FOD, the poncho is green.
What colour do people think the poncho is in each movie. And what colour is the replica poncho allegedly handed out during the release of FOD?

Halis
Bandido

I'm a llama!

« #2 : May 07, 2003, 03:24:12 PM »

Looks brown to me. Also the text says "heavy wool" which is exactly what the new replicas are made of. The one that Clint wears in FOD is quite soft wool as you can tell when he throws it over his shoulder to reveal his gun, and in the way it hangs generally.
I wonder how you'd differentiate between it being an original UA replica or a new replica?

visitor
Bandido

« #3 : May 07, 2003, 05:16:51 PM »

I just mentioned this on the OUITW poster thread, but it might be worth discussing here.
Cusser notes that the poncho as seen on the original GBU poster is red, whereas the one in the movie is brownish. I am sure that in the DVD of FOD, the poncho is green.
What colour do people think the poncho is in each movie. And what colour is the replica poncho allegedly handed out during the release of FOD?

Nothing better to do , so...

FISTFUL- ld-grey/dvd-greenish tint (could this be deterioration of source material)
FEW DOLLARS MORE-brown on ld & dvd
GBU- dvd-brown with ... grey underside!  Definitely two toned, tres chic
Earth tones seem to be the dominating color schemes in the Dollars Trilogy and ONCE..WEST, so I am guessing it might be a color correction problem with FISTFUL

I wonder if the GBU color will change with the restoration?

sephrodgers
Road Apple

Very interesting...

« #4 : May 08, 2003, 08:14:01 AM »

I read a few days ago (could have been in 'Spaghetti Westerns') that the same Poncho was used throughout and didn't get washed once - which I suppose could explain any odd colour changes ;D

It's like finding your pants on the top shelf when you know you put them on the bottom.
Brendan
Road Apple

One of the best.

« #5 : May 16, 2003, 09:06:33 PM »

You can also get one here:

http://www.spaghettiwesternreplicas.com/

You ever think how the most minor decision can change the entire direction of your life?
Christian
Chicken Thief

« #6 : May 02, 2005, 01:01:56 PM »

What do you mean FOD? Maybe I wouldn`t ask this here but I`m interested in know it

Bye Gringo

redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

« #7 : May 03, 2005, 11:33:33 AM »

FOD = Fistful of Dollars.

It's class.
Christian
Chicken Thief

« #8 : May 05, 2005, 04:47:07 PM »

Thanks for your answer

: [1]