Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2018, 10:38:09 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  New Spaghetti
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
: New Spaghetti  ( 40326 )
indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

« #15 : March 19, 2005, 12:05:53 PM »

In English its 'The Implacables' .  sounds interesting.

That could just be cannon fire.
Danny
Bandido

People scare easier when they're dyin'

« #16 : March 31, 2005, 10:18:13 AM »

Sorry guys, but I can hardly wait..... any news yet? :)

Danny
Bandido

People scare easier when they're dyin'

« #17 : April 10, 2005, 11:12:17 PM »

Well, doesn't look good. No movie I think.
This reply I got from Chris Casey of the Spaghetti Western Board:

Probably true...but, like Biltmore said, Enzo and Franco have been planning to do this for three years, now.
Last year when we were getting ready to go to Almeria for the first big Spaghetti Western Web Board gathering---Enzo told me (in a series of e-mails) that he was planning on being there (shooting the movie) in May.
I even spoke with an English speaking barrell painter at Texas Hollywood that lead me to believe that Castellari was going to be shooting something there.
But, it didn't happen.

This year..?
Who knows...?
All Enzo has told me is (and I quote): "Maybe...

:'(

third lanark
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

« #18 : April 13, 2005, 09:09:07 AM »

Has anyone approached Clint to appear in the new Spaghetti Western, this would be a great idea even if it is just for a cameop role!

Also even Clint Eastwoods son he is the spitting image of him in the Dollars movies.  The son, whose name I cant quite remember has been in a few movies such as Honkytonkman and also is a musicain, it would be great if at least one of the Eastwoods played some part in the film. 8)

Sentenza
Bandido

« #19 : April 18, 2005, 02:47:21 PM »

Here's some more information on Enzo G. Castellari's project, mostly from an interview he gave about five months ago [comments in brackets are mine]:

The English title of Gli Implacabili is going to be The Angel, the Brute and the Sage and it's supposed to be an homage to the movies of John Huston and Sergio Leone. [I wonder if they mean John Sturges instead of Huston ???] It'll be produced by Mariella Li Sacchi for Factory Films, and the plan is to shoot it in Almeria.
There was a rumour from 2003, that it was to be filmed in Mexico instead of Almeria for financial reasons, but this does not seem to be the case.

The script is by Lorenzo De Luca, Tito Carpi and Enzo Castellari. What follows is a very short summary of the story. Attention SPOILER WARNING! Well, sort of, I guess... highlight the next paragraph to read:

[color=333333]An ambitious senator who wants to become president in Washington is in need of a controversial event to win the election. His plan is to have the Indian [Chief?] Tawanka assasinated to influence voters in his favour.
To achieve this goal he hires a "policeman" named Pinterton [probably one of the Pinkerton detectives but it's spelled with a t in the interview] to find three rogues who'll hunt down the Indian. During the hunt Pinterton finds out that Tawanka went to the land of his ancestors to die there. At the end, the youngest of the three rogues will remain among the Indians, similarly to the ending of "The Magnificent Seven".[/color]

Tawanka will be played by Floyd "Red Crow" Westerman of Sioux origin ("Dances With Wolves", "Hidalgo"). Westerman played Chief Tawanka back in Castellari's Jonathan degli orsi (1993) which also starred Franco Nero. [So it's probably the same character in the upcoming film]
Apart from Mickey Rourke there are going to be cameos by Mel Brooks and Quentin Tarantino.

Supposedly there'll also be cameo appearances by John Landis and Dario Argento.

Most of this information stems from an interview with Enzo Castellari dated November 30th, 2004:
http://news.cinecitta.com/people/intervista.asp?id=5100
The interview is in Italian and I did my best to translate the most relevant information. Nevertheless, our Italian speaking friends on this board can probably provide us with a better translation.

The rest is from the Spaghetti Western Web Board, Google or here.

Other actors that have been associated with the movie are Liam Neeson and Ethan Hawke, but these are rumours that date back to 2003 and I couldn't find anything recent to back them up.

Filming was supposed to start in Almeria in June or July, but the latest news seems to be that there are problems with the financing that should come from the ministry of education and cultural affairs (?).

Please, bear in mind that all of the above is either hearsay or older information, and thus subject to change. ;)

We kill him now, papa?!
Beebs

« #20 : June 07, 2005, 08:33:48 AM »

But who can replace or fill in for the days of Clint Eastwood, Charles Bronson, Lee van Cleef, Gian Maria Volonte, James Coburn. There just aren't any actors now that can fill in. But it would be interesting who they get and how it turns out. I look forward to seeing it.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #21 : June 08, 2005, 03:29:55 AM »

Beebs you got to see some Franco Nero films and you'll have a bit more confidence in this thread  ;D

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

« #22 : June 08, 2005, 08:30:54 AM »

haha... I too read that post and thought FRANCO NERO!!!!!

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
Sentenza
Bandido

« #23 : June 08, 2005, 10:31:13 AM »

Recent reports from the rumour mill say Liam Neeson is still going to be in the movie.

We kill him now, papa?!
iceman
Bounty Killer

« #24 : June 08, 2005, 02:36:48 PM »

Beebs you got to see some Franco Nero films and you'll have a bit more confidence in this thread  ;D
How old is Nero now..must be a pensioner at least

Ice

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Beebs

« #25 : June 08, 2005, 02:50:12 PM »

Give me some to buy. I've never seen any.

Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

« #26 : June 08, 2005, 03:05:06 PM »

You should definately check out Nero's Django, Massacre Time, Keoma, Jonathan of the Bears, Companeros.  Probably the next most essential SW actor, after Clint and Cleef IMO.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #27 : June 08, 2005, 03:24:54 PM »

And the best one in my opinion is "The Mercenary", sort of a mix of GBU and DYS.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Sentenza
Bandido

« #28 : June 08, 2005, 05:06:33 PM »

How old is Nero now..must be a pensioner at least
The pictures below were taken in February. For a 64-year-old Nero doesn't look too shabby. ;)

Enzo G. Castellari (left) & Franco Nero

We kill him now, papa?!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #29 : June 08, 2005, 05:49:08 PM »

Sure, he LOOKS great, but can he shoot?

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines