Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 07:22:38 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Adiós gringo (1965)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adiós gringo (1965)  (Read 2958 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2006, 03:15:14 PM »

This is a pre-Leone style item: the less said about it, the better. Only noteworthy thing is it took me almost 1h to figure out where I had seen already the actor playing the doctor.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 08:19:54 AM »

Arizona Colt's review begs to differ:-

ADIOS GRINGO is a fine film in its own right from 1965. There are several plot lines going at one time with the initial story from the outset, while not abandoned completely, isn't the main focal point of the movie. In it Gemma must clear his name for a crime he didn't commit and during the opening 10 minutes he is forced to gun down a man who accuses him of stealing his cattle. The mans wife places a bounty on his head and Gemma rides off to find the real culprit only to get involved in finding out who committed a stagecoach massacre when he happens upon a naked woman staked to the ground in the blazing sun. She being the only witness to survive knows what the killers look like and so goes the other plot of the movie filled with suspense and fight sequences one of particular note where Gemma takes on the entire gang bare handed. The initial plot is mentioned throughout but takes a backseat to the other story although by the end Gemma rides off with the evidence to clear his name in the other town. If you enjoyed Gemmas other westerns with a similar storyline like ONE SILVER DOLLAR or WANTED or ARIZONA COLT you'll surely want this in your collection as well. I bought the jap DVD ofr this and the quality is superb.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 03:50:42 PM »

Maybe I'm biased seeing how I'm a huge Gemma fan Smiley

The man can do no wrong although I've yet to see AFRICA EXPRESS, SAFARI EXPRESS, CORBARI, THE GREAT ATTACK, EVEN ANGELS EAT BEANS and KISS, KISS, BANG, BANG (which looks terrible)

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 05:32:16 PM »

Maybe I'm biased seeing how I'm a huge Gemma fan Smiley
Was i wrong leaving out Samurai in our trade? Sad

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 12:18:24 PM »

If that DVD is still available I may purchase it next week. I've passed over it long enough.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM