Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2022, 02:03:59 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  van cleef archive interview material for special editions
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: van cleef archive interview material for special editions  ( 6168 )
mezcal
Bandido

« : January 13, 2006, 05:17:58 PM »

I was disappointed to see no lee van cleef archive material on the GBU special edition and was wondering if any was available on FAFDM, this being his most significant movie.
Without this appearance i've read that he would have quit acting (if had not done so already).
I know nothing of the man and have seen no prior interviews, so would have appreciated hearing his views.

Poggle
Bounty Killer

« #1 : January 13, 2006, 08:56:51 PM »

Sadly no :(

I have the German DVD which has the same special features as the MGM UK DVD.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #2 : January 14, 2006, 10:09:24 PM »

Great Lee Van Cleef interview in Fraylings "Once Upon A Time In Italy" though.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #3 : January 16, 2006, 09:15:18 PM »

Actually the Alex Cox  interview in Frayling ends at the Q. "Did he ask you to be in "Once Upon A Time In The West"

And the other I haven't seen so thanks.  :D

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

« #4 : January 19, 2006, 10:04:44 AM »

Thanks for pointing these out, I really enjoyed reading them. Van Cleef comes across as a really interesting guy, I wish he'd just been a little more popular, so we'd have more resources like these interviews. It's funny though, although he does have some positive things to say, he sort of talks about the Leone Westerns as though they were just more work, but I guess when you've done as much work as he did, everything starts to blend together.,...

quote author=derringdo link=topic=2818.msg27286#msg27286 date=1137462041]
http://www.alexcox.com/freestuff.htm

Joe, is the interview in Once...Italy the same one as at the end of 1000 Ways to Die (link to free download above)?  It's the same interviewer, so...I wondered.

Here's another good interview with him, from around the same timeframe:

http://leevancleef.com/interview.htm

(There's a particularly funny-and kind of chilling-discussion of barfights in this second one).

In both, he comes off as opinionated and always not very coherent, but generally (I think) likable and upbeat, with fairly positive things to say about his spaghetti western experiences.

He gave few interviews on film or tv, due perhaps to his obscurity in the US and his inability to learn the European languages effectively.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #5 : January 19, 2006, 04:02:36 PM »

Joe, is the interview in Once...Italy the same one as at the end of 1000 Ways to Die (link to free download above)?  It's the same interviewer, so...I wondered.

Actually the Alex Cox  interview in Frayling's book ends at the Q. "Did he ask you to be in "Once Upon A Time In The West" so it's almost all there.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #6 : January 19, 2006, 05:37:42 PM »

Does anyone know why Van Cleef turned down a role in OUATITW? I heard that Clint didn't take a role because he was getting bored while Sergio was acting out the opening scene.

Beebs

« #7 : January 19, 2006, 07:53:03 PM »

Great Lee Van Cleef interview in Fraylings "Once Upon A Time In Italy" though.

Amen. I like the nose job story.

mezcal
Bandido

« #8 : January 20, 2006, 06:31:28 PM »

Just borrowed 'once upon a time in italy' + another frayling book from the library.
The alex cox interview (link above) is basically the same interview in OUATII.
A very good interview, i guess i was just looking for a little more insight into LVC's roles, what he thought about each of his post leone westerns, which he thought were his best, also how he got on with clint would have been nice.

OUATII has an interview with sergio or clint saying that clint, lvc and eli were originally supposed to play the roles of the 3 guys waiting at the train station at the beginning of OUATITW, but clint said no.

PS, anyone looking to list their fave LVC's please go here.
http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=2842.0

« : January 20, 2006, 06:46:00 PM mezcal »
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines