Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:46:37 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The costumes
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: The costumes  ( 5157 )
Sheriff
Chicken Thief

There's a new sheriff in town...

« : January 18, 2006, 04:55:41 PM »

How accurate to the time periods the films were set in were all the costumes used in Leone's spaghetti westerns (in general) and where did he get them all from?

Ken

John Baldwin
Gunslinger

Do you recognize this string ???

« #1 : January 18, 2006, 06:12:39 PM »

I believe that a part of the Eastwood costum was from his costum on Rawhide; the rest was to Leone (for Eastwood). Others costumes were rent or lend ( ???) by museum etc...

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #2 : January 18, 2006, 08:30:39 PM »

Leone went here Western Costume Co. :

http://www.westerncostume.com/

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Tim

« #3 : January 19, 2006, 02:28:30 PM »

I remember reading that Clint Eastwood improvised his costume for FOD.  He went to a hardware store and bought a pair of jeans and a the denim shirt.  From there on, all he needed was the boots, the poncho, and the hat.  I can't remember where I read that, so if anyone can reinterpret that, knock yourself out.

The costuming in the spaghettis is one of the reasons I love the movies.  They all have a very gritty, realistic feel that a lot of American westerns just don't have.  It seems that with a lot of American westerns all of the costumes are just back from the dry cleaner.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #4 : January 19, 2006, 03:54:42 PM »

The shirt you once could get from JC Penny was a house brand called Big Mac I believe it was a regualr cotton button down work shirt, small blue & white pin stripes (like the kind you see on a railroad engineers hat only lighter blue.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Beebs

« #5 : January 19, 2006, 07:39:25 PM »

The boots are from Rawhide. I saw a small clip of an Eastwood interview as was the Pistol belt( which I might add is the most awesomest pistol belt ever)

The Poncho was from a costume store in Hollywood and the shirt is as CJ says. The hat I don't know.

That very interesting CJ about the Western Costume Co.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #6 : January 21, 2006, 08:00:17 AM »

Thanks for the link to the Western Costume site Joe! The movies video showing the costumes with clips of the films brought back some great memories  :)

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Sheriff
Chicken Thief

There's a new sheriff in town...

« #7 : January 21, 2006, 09:37:45 AM »

What about all the other costumes - ie- non Eastwood worn stuff?

Ken

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #8 : January 21, 2006, 03:09:42 PM »

They probably say in the credits I've noticed before that there is a mention, but also in one of the SW books there is a piece dealing with Leone and an actor at Western Costume, trying on hundreds of hats to finally get the right one.

Benito Steffenalli was not only an actor/stuntman, but he was also the armorer.

« : January 21, 2006, 03:12:07 PM cigar joe »

Tim

« #9 : January 23, 2006, 07:25:50 PM »

Is there anything Benito Stefanelli couldn't do?  Evil henchman, official rifle tosser, armorer.  This guy was a renassaince man.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines