Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 05:09:53 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Man,Pride,Vengeance(L'uomo,l'orgoglio,la vendetta)(1968)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Man,Pride,Vengeance(L'uomo,l'orgoglio,la vendetta)(1968)  (Read 10694 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 06:48:38 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062424/

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/vendicatore.htm

This is not a SW, though the germans bandied it around like it was another Django movie. It's an adaptation of Mérimée's (not Bizet's) Carmen and I don't know how in fares on that side. Still it's a movie that, once you know  what to expect from it, fares not too badly, expecially in the scenes with Aumont and Nero. The italian is impeccable: I'm not a fan of his but he does a good job in representing Josè's fall into the abyss. Everybody criticizes Aumont: can't see why. I think she's good. I've never been a fan of her graces either, at least not in the measure of the many (among whom is ranked Tinto Brass) who think one of the most beautiful actresses of her generation. But she does a good job expecially in the scenes where she has to show her volubility.
The great let down comes from Kinsky: he delivers a performance too tame by his standards, not even helped by the italian dubber. The scenes where he is in are the most weak of the movie.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 08:10:58 PM »

I thought that this film did a fair job of what it was trying to do (Carmen), and I agree on Kinsky's lackluster performance, I was expecting him to be over the top, and I'm always disappointed when he's not. Aumont was good and Nero ok. I was impressed with the action cinematography during the fight sequence I thought that that was exceptional.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 10:59:47 PM »

What do you think of Tina Aumont,  CJ?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2006, 04:25:53 AM »

I have no problem with her performance, and I don't see what the critics of Aumont could be complaining about. Could you elaborate? I'm missing something?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 10:52:14 PM »

I have no problem with her performance either, but actually I was referring to her beauty. Her face looks puffed up at times, as if she wereunder sedatives or something. She looked better in '70's films.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2006, 04:30:29 AM »

She looked better in '70's films.

Ahhh, ok, well I don't recall seeing her before, that I've taken notice, I see she was in Satyricon and also Modesty Blaze which I watched a few months ago, but I don't remember her in either.

Looks like she was in quite a few Euro films, that were never here.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 10:53:44 AM »

After seeing the sw version of Hamlet and also being a fan of this movie i'm now hooked on these cowboy adaptations of literally/operatic classics.Wonder how many more are lurking out there? Roll Eyes

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2007, 04:48:36 PM »

Arizona Colts review:-

MAN, PRIDE & VENGEANCE-Never seen a Luigi Bazonni film before and after this one I'd like to see more. Beautifully shot film which obviously had a sizeable budget compared to many other italian westerns. Franco Nero is great here and dubs his own voice. Can't say enough good about this one. To reveal too much about the plot would spoil the many twists in this dramatic and very depressing movie. Although the first 40 minutes bear no resemblance to a spaghetti western and the remainder of the picture never quite makes it onto DJANGO territory(although there are a couple of shoot outs and a spectacular explosion and stagecoach robbery)the dramatics of the story drive the film to its shocking ending. The soundtrack is unique as it's not the typical spaghetti style score and is a bit bombastic. Kinski has a supporting role here as well. If you're looking for mindless gunbattles and no story whatsoever you should steer clear of this one. Highly recommended for those seeking something different for a change.

SilenceSWDB
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2009, 09:44:02 AM »

After seeing the sw version of Hamlet and also being a fan of this movie i'm now hooked on these cowboy adaptations of literally/operatic classics.Wonder how many more are lurking out there? Roll Eyes
The Fury Of Johnny Kid is an adaptation of Romeo and JuliaSmiley     

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2014, 07:54:14 AM »

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=15467

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2015, 08:44:40 AM »

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Man-Pride-and-Vengeance-Blu-ray/118216/#Review

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM