Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 01:52:49 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Massacre Time (Le colt cantarono la morte e fu...tempo di massacro)(1966)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Massacre Time (Le colt cantarono la morte e fu...tempo di massacro)(1966)  (Read 14893 times)
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2006, 12:48:22 AM »

What about the dubbing?

Who cares I say.

Get this film now. It's one of the best.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2006, 04:50:07 AM »

I care because we're deprived of Nero's disntinctive tones(and i'm not too sure of the great man playing 2nd fiddle to a drunken Hilton) but a very good sw all the same.It also has one of the best villains in this genre.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2006, 07:38:25 AM »

It also has one of the best villains in this genre.

I agree completely.

Junior's sick.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2006, 02:48:33 PM »

The italian disc has a 17 minute interview with Hilton but sadly no subs Sad  However, the RHV release of the first two fun and enjoyable MACGREGOR films contains subbed interviews with Ernesto Gastaldi, who unlike many other italian directors is very humble and candid about the two films.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007, 02:34:46 AM »

(and i'm not too sure of the great man playing 2nd fiddle to a drunken Hilton)

I don't think that was the intention but the comic relief (if he/she is actually funny) usually pulls the rug from under the main star in any film.

I totally don't mind Hilton stealing the show.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 10:57:33 AM »

Like any drunk i actually found Hiltons inebriated mumblings quite tiresome and his prowess with a pistol in his hazy state is hard to take seriously but a minor quibble i guess Undecided

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2007, 06:53:39 AM »

Arizona Colts review:-

Finally finished MASSACRE TIME and was surprised not only by how enjoyable it was but the level of violence for a film from 1966. Lucio Fulci really shows early signs of where he would be heading in later years. An interesting plot with only a few minor quibbles that DO NOT hinder ones enjoyment of this fine addition. First, something that's not so bad as opposed to unexpected, George Hilton steals the movie out from under Franco Nero who doesn't really show signs of life until towards the end. Hilton was so fun to watch that it could've been just him and the movie would still be good. Two, Nero seems to be playing two parts here. In several scenes Nero wears a black hat and cowl VERY similar to his look in DJANGO and appears to play the character that way. However, when he is wearing the standard cowboy garb he plays the character differently. Perhaps it was just me but it seemed a bit odd and I believe this film was released in Germany as a DJANGO sequel too. Lastly, the action sequences(not the gun battles)are undercranked WAAAYYYY too much making the scenes look like they'd be right at home in a 1920s silent picture. Still, these scenes as well as the gun battles are very creative and a breath of fresh air compared with the usual players standing on opposite sides running and shooting at each other. Some of them looking suspiciously like they were choreographed by a Hong Kong action crew. The villain is unusually sadistic also and the characters have a penchant for unloading there guns into one person with some of them still staggering around after taking a few slugs adding to the over the top atmosphere of the proceedings. Definitely worth checking out. The region one discs' picture quality isn't the best so I'll probably add the region two edition to my collection if the quality is better. It's worth buying twice to get a good copy.

A Snippet from Silenzio :-

Massacre Time
This one was disappointing, I'm glad i realized it was available on NetFlix before I went out and bought it. There's really nothing at all special about this one. It was pretty bland, the photography wasn't special... the music wasn't special... not even Nero was special... the villain wasn't special. The only good bit was the last twenty minutes, and even that wasn't THAT good, just simple action.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 07:41:31 AM by Banjo » Logged
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2007, 10:03:53 PM »

A Snippet from Silenzio :-

Massacre Time
This one was disappointing, I'm glad i realized it was available on NetFlix before I went out and bought it. There's really nothing at all special about this one. It was pretty bland, the photography wasn't special... the music wasn't special... not even Nero was special... the villain wasn't special. The only good bit was the last twenty minutes, and even that wasn't THAT good, just simple action.

Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 02:42:42 AM »

Hm... I haven't seen, but I have some ideas. There are two Corbetts in the film... brothers maybe? Uh. In a spag. that means they'll kill each other...  Grin

And in the imdb poster the man wears the same clothes as MWNN?

"Does this unit have a soul?"
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 08:50:24 AM »

My exhaustive review: I saw this some time ago but I'll say 7/10.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2007, 10:10:34 AM »

And in the imdb poster the man wears the same clothes as MWNN?

Yes Franco Wears the same sheep skin coat and also dresses as Django sometimes.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2007, 06:23:05 PM »

Watched it today, it was entertaining, the dubbing was good, not a top 20 but better than the vast majority of SW's.

The final shootout had a few over the top moments and the ranchhouse seemed to have extraneous architecture soley for the purpose of stunts, weird ramps, skywalks that got no apparent reason that end at a rooftop, etc.,etc.

This was a "gravel pitter" looks like it was shot all in Italy in gravel pits in the white rocked Dolomites.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2007, 08:18:16 PM »

No, it was shot near Rome. A person working with me told me he was there while they were shooting the whipping scene. At the time he owned a kind of osteria and he actually had most of the crew as patrons. I can't remember where but I'll ask him again. He said that Kinski was there too because apparently he had been promised a role and then it didn't materialize. Actually my acquaintance had some kind of scruff with Kinski but then people explained to him that he had a chip on his shoulder because of the misbehaviour of producers. I presume everybody will agree that Kinski would have fit the part perfectly. It would be worth asking somebody how Castelnuovo got the part, though I presume it was because he was quite popular at the time.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 08:20:04 PM by titoli » Logged

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2007, 09:48:19 PM »

No, it was shot near Rome. A person working with me told me he was there while they were shooting the whipping scene. At the time he owned a kind of osteria and he actually had most of the crew as patrons. I can't remember where but I'll ask him again. He said that Kinski was there too because apparently he had been promised a role and then it didn't materialize. Actually my acquaintance had some kind of scruff with Kinski but then people explained to him that he had a chip on his shoulder because of the misbehaviour of producers.
Great story. I sure hope it's true.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2007, 12:06:07 AM »

What if I made it up (he didn't. He couldn't even remember the title of the movie, just remembered this scene and I got on to it)?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM