Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 07:43:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Corri uomo corri aka Run, Man, Run (1968)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Corri uomo corri aka Run, Man, Run (1968)  (Read 21587 times)
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2007, 07:13:57 PM »

but he had... problems.  Embarrassed

In jail no doubt.

I thought this movie was pretty good.
It's a series of great scenes between some dull scenes.
The John Ireland appearence being the most boring scene in the film.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2007, 08:03:49 PM »

the other plus is that this one has Morricone's signature lietmotif's for the different characters.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2007, 09:11:54 AM »

GREAT FILM.

In Germany KOCH-MEDIA did a beautiful release on all three Sollima Westerns a few years ago. A big box incl. a nice book on Italian Western. I made a one hour documentary about Sollima for the box. Unfortunately it is in Italian/German only. Sollima is a great story teller like the incident with van Cleef's horse on RESA (it had a hard-on and they couldn't film it), or the problems Volonte and Milian had with each other, which lead to a rather girlish fight (the Italians are good with shooting, but they don't like to box each other, adds Sergio..) - in which the only injured person appeared to be the girl from wardrobe who wanted to stop them...

It's interesting that some say RMR has an 'expensive' look, I'd say that shows the skill of Sollima & the crew as RMR actually had problems reagarding a much too low budget (Sollima's Producer Grimaldi couldn't do that show).

Of the trilogy it's my personal favorite. I guess merely because I love Mexican/desert themes like GIU LA TESTA, IL MERCENARIO & TEPEPA.. Also the soundtrack haunts me for 20 years now Smiley.  Tomas Milian did sing the song himself in the film. In those days he also had a band and was a singer.

In general LA RESA DEI CONTI is regarded is the ultimate classic of the trilogy. But I think that is because it is such a classic story and it also belongs, like FAFDM & DJANGO, to the first big wave of the genre. Great film nevertheless. I'm not the biggest fan of the look of the film incl. wardrobe & design.

Which was much better in FACCIA A FACCIA. Probably the best of the series (minus Milian's wig, which is just impossible). FACCIA A FACCIA is fantastic in all aspects of film making. An unusual classy entry to a genre that produced in the end maybe 80% of bad films. Maybe a bit to demanding for the average western-audience...

So the trilogy is next to Leone's Dollar films the only exceptional one in the genre.
I still find it strange that SE SEI VIVO, SPARA (Django kill!) encounters such dislike here in this forum. Nobody
who really appreciates it ??

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2007, 09:44:23 AM »

who really appreciates it ??

Seen it three times over the course of five years.
Never cared for it.
And good job on the box set. It's great. Had look over the doc once but of course couldn't understand a lot.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2008, 12:33:49 PM »

Just watched this. A very entertaining, fast-paced, humor-driven Spaghetti Western. I think this is my second favorite non-Leone SW (behind My Name Is Nobody), but I haven't seen even a dozen of those so I'm not the person to trust in these things. I didn't understand this was a sequel until I read this thread; I didn't feel I was missing anything.

The script is funny, the plot is twisted enough but not too much and Milian is great in his role (I loved the scene with that shovel Grin). Somebody earlier in this thread mentioned the high production values...well quite frankly I thought the opposite, but sure they were high for a SW. Another flaw were IMO weak or unclear motives for some actions, but that could also have something to do with my slow brain...

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2008, 07:21:46 PM »

American trailer:

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=nuq4xjfFSOY

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2008, 08:01:35 PM »

I like the cat fight between Linda Veras and Chelo Alonzo.  Cool

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2008, 08:41:20 PM »

I like the cat fight between Linda Veras and Chelo Alonzo.  Cool
Don't we all.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2011, 04:35:56 AM »

Watched this again last night, and enjoyed it once again, could have had some more fleshed out story lines, but its a minor quibble  Afro

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2013, 01:46:43 PM »

Sergio Sollima's final Western is a sequel to The Big Gundown (1966). Tomas Milian's Cuchilio returns in Run, Man, Run! (1968), more lighthearted than its predecessor but no less entertaining.

Cuchilio (Tomas Milian) rescues revolutionary poet Ramirez (Jose Torres) from a Mexican jail. After bandits murder Ramirez, Cuchilio is entrusted to recover a Juarista gold stash in a Texas border town. A complicated race for the gold ensues, with government agents, Mexican bandits and a Salvation Army worker (Linda Veras) all vying for the money. To thwart his opponents, Cuchilio forms an alliance with Cassidy (Donald O'Brien), an American bounty hunter with his own agenda.

Run, Man, Run! loosely recalls The Good, the Bad and the Ugly with its convoluted treasure hunt and double-crossing anti-heroes. Sollima exchanges Gundown's politically-freighted seriousness for broad comedy. Cuchilio is both the progenitor and butt of jokes, whether pulling knives from his hair or having dynamite stuffed in his mouth. The subplot with Cuchilio's nagging fiancee (Chelo Alonso) proves more tiresome. Sollima's revolutionary setting mostly provides a colorful backdrop, akin to Sergio Corbucchi's A Professional Gun and Companeros.

But Run, Man, Run! never descends to They Call Me Trinity levels of silliness. The plot functions in time-honored Spaghetti fashion, each character forming alliances only to renege when convenient. Sollima stages handsome action scenes, from a horse chase in the mountains to the climactic nighttime showdown. With its lean narrative and surfeit of shootouts, Run, Man Run! is extremely entertaining.

Tomas Milian makes a much different Cuchilio here. No longer the crafty fugitive, he's now a lovable scamp with a heart. Stoic Donald O'Brien provides serviceable contrast. Linda Veras is amusingly prudish but Chelo Alonso's sultry whining proves annoying. Among the rogue's gallery of villains: Marco Gugliemi and Licnao Rossi as French mercenaries, Nello Pazafini as a bellowing bandit chief and Gianni Rizzo as Veras's slimy father. John Ireland puts in a brief cameo.

Run, Man, Run! may lack the complexity of Sollima's usual work but it's a fun ride all the same. Sometimes Western need only be light entertainment, and this Spaghetti hits the spot. 8/10

http://nothingiswrittenfilm.blogspot.com/2013/02/run-man-run.html

Saturday nights with Groggy
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2013, 03:37:35 PM »

I believe it also may be one of the few Spaghetti Westerns that also have leitmotifs for the main characters, I know Linda Veras has one that I remember.
Original Music by Bruno Nicolai    & Ennio Morricone (uncredited) 8/10

« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 03:42:50 PM by cigar joe » Logged

stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2013, 03:40:05 PM »

Nicolai claimed in an interview that the score was composed by Morricone.

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2013, 11:23:08 AM »

Nicolai claimed in an interview that the score was composed by Morricone.

Don't know about Nicolai making that claim, but Sollima did. The interview is one of the extras in the Run Man Run DVD from Blue Underground.

stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2013, 12:52:56 PM »

Don't know about Nicolai making that claim, but Sollima did. The interview is one of the extras in the Run Man Run DVD from Blue Underground.

Oops, then I most likely got it wrong ...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM