Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 08:46:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Everything Concerning: DVDs, Posters, and Other (S)W Merchandise
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything Concerning: DVDs, Posters, and Other (S)W Merchandise  (Read 144942 times)
Thosefalsenotes
Road Apple

Watch me.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2004, 07:54:25 PM »

How much was it?

rddesq
Road Apple

One name is as good as another.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2004, 02:31:16 PM »

I have the collection too.  Keoma is the best imo and Four of the Appocolypse is simpy horrible.

When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2004, 05:41:23 PM »

You guys will like The Big Gundown for sure then.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
leonefan
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2004, 06:36:47 PM »

Is the Big Gundown the same movie as the Grand Duel with Lee Van Cleef?  I can't find it on DVD.

Frank
Chicken Thief

Now that you've told him my name....

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2004, 06:37:19 PM »

Don't recall the exact cost, but it was premium priced, say 65.98?  Five largely forgotten movies would usually be priced at a discount, but the marketers recognize they have a niche product.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2004, 04:57:42 AM »

Is the Big Gundown the same movie as the Grand Duel with Lee Van Cleef?  I can't find it on DVD.  

No its a restoration project, though a box set of Van Cleef movies is comming out in Japan "Grand Duel, Big Gundown, Death Rides a Horse" though TBG is listed as the 90 minute version.

http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?disc=160642;article=80100;title=Spaghetti%20Western%20Web%20Board;pagemark=40

The restoration is 105 minutes.

http://p221.ezboard.com/famanahorseandagunfrm2.showMessage?topicID=13.topic

Its a personal estoration project made with the help of SW fans around the world. You have to email FrancoCleef to get it.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 04:58:21 AM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
leonefan
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2004, 05:58:09 AM »

I was at fry's today and saw the Italy box set for $58, I was gonna pick it up but I noticed that the movies that come with it are also sold separately.  Are the separate ones the exact same as the ones that come in the set or is there a difference as far as video, sound, and features go.  

mortimer
Bandido

"You're not digging"

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2004, 10:20:52 AM »

I noticed that the movies that come with it are also sold separately

Films are the same.

"Now you understand why we need the firecracker?"
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2004, 11:30:41 AM »

I own the box set, but if you can save money by getting keoma, a bullet for the general, and companeros separatly then DO IT! you won't regret it

Keoma is amazing... my favorite non-leone western

a bullet for the general is almost as great as keoma but not quite... one of the best non duel endings to a movie i've seen

companeros is a fun movie... morricones reoccuring theme really makes the movie and it's good for a go through or two but there is no real replay value as far as i'm concerned

Texas adios wasn't too bad but it certainly wasn't good nero's worst movie imo

four of the apocalypse is horrid... one of the worst movies i've seen... only one positive, and that is the hanging in the begining i loved the camerawork on that one.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2004, 11:32:03 AM by grandpa_chum » Logged

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2004, 11:34:38 AM »

btw keoma is really starring franco nero, berger and strode are both equally second fiddle on this one

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
UNKNOWN GRAVE
Road Apple

UNK UNK ????

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2004, 10:02:06 PM »

One way i can think of is to use a check or money order to set up a paypal account or an account with www.amazon.com in the us or uk.  I believe that if u send a check it has to be from a certified bank.  With a paypal account you can buy off an auction on www.ebay.com or some other similar site.
To Argentina shipping will probably be really high, but you can order used dvds of Leone and American westerns from Amazon.  You will need a region free player for US DVD's.
I would check into this if you really want to buy these dvds.  
Good Luck.
Perhaps someone else on the board will have better info or a website for you in Argentina that can make the transaction easier with a check or money order.

KERMIT
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2004, 12:01:17 AM »

One way i can think of is to use a check or money order to set up a paypal account or an account with www.amazon.com in the us or uk.  I believe that if u send a check it has to be from a certified bank.  With a paypal account you can buy off an auction on www.ebay.com or some other similar site.
To Argentina shipping will probably be really high, but you can order used dvds of Leone and American westerns from Amazon.  You will need a region free player for US DVD's.
I would check into this if you really want to buy these dvds.  
Good Luck.
Perhaps someone else on the board will have better info or a website for you in Argentina that can make the transaction easier with a check or money order.
good plan U/G.  has anyone considered a lending library thus cutting out the middle man ?
obviously, a good set of rules and regulations. that is to be a member of said lending library addresses or names wouldn't be divulged on this board.
welcome alejandro

« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 10:58:31 AM by KERMIT » Logged
redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2004, 08:06:47 AM »

Shorty Larsen (the board member, not the character in GBU) is Argentinian. Maybe he could help.

It's class.
Belkin
Gunslinger

Can my character have a poncho, Sergio? Please!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2004, 06:29:31 PM »

good plan U/G.  has anyone considered a lending library thus cutting out the middle man ?
obviously, a good set of rules and regulations. that is to be a member of said lending library addresses or names wouldn't be divulged on this board.
welcome alejandro
KERMIT, thats a damm good idea! Wink

You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it on the streets...
spag fan
Bandido

It don't matter what I say, I'll dub it later.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2004, 09:37:31 AM »

I was surprised to find it new for $56 at a local shop. Well worth the price.

Here's how I rank 'em:

1. Bullet For The General: Lot's of fun with some great plot twists. Very well done. Gian Maria Volonté steals the show!

2. Companeros: Another fun one with great performances by Tomas Milian and Franco Nero. Any film with Jack Palance as a "pot-crazed sadist" has got to be good!

3. Four Of The Apocalypse: I'd read mixed reviews on this one, so I didn't know what to expect. I liked it! I am a horror fan as well though, so I can see why some don't care for it. Some scenes were hard to watch, but otherwise, it's a beautiful film and Milian and Michael J. Pollard really help.

4. Texas Adios: This one is okay, but suffers from some pretty poor dubbing. It's enjoyable enough, but nothing really memorable.

5. Keoma: I had high expectations for this one. I thought it'd be the best of the bunch. NOT TOO GOOD! The film was well directed and nice to look at, but the score killed it. Oh my god, the caterwauling! I wanted to like it. Oh well. Roll Eyes

Overall, I'm glad I bought this set and am looking forward to sharing with my friends if I can talk any of them into it! My poor wife is getting a little burnt on westerns to say the least!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM