Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 01:13:16 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Today Its Me, Tomorrow Its You (1968)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Today Its Me, Tomorrow Its You (1968)  (Read 5017 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2006, 07:06:10 PM »

Watched the trailer of this today, it didn't look too bad at all, but you know how it is with trailers. Anybody know enough about this film to give a comparison to some of the better SW's?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 07:40:46 AM »

I can't think of a sw to compare offhand but i'd say this is an enjoyable above average western.It has a straightforward revenge theme where the hero(looking very much like Nero as Django) recruits a gang of men one by one(Magnificent 7 style!) to track down a mad but excellently played(samurai?) villain who is responsible for the death of the hero's wife as well as pinning it on the hero who has spent years in jail improving his fast draw with the use of a hand-carved pistol.
There is a distinctly autumnal feel to this western with much of the action taking place in some woods.The hero is well played by Bret Halsey but William Berger also turns in a typically good double-crossing performance and Bud Spencer also excells in a much straighter role than normal.

Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 08:12:43 AM »

Over at my Euro Western pages, 61% of people (14)have said that it is Recommended (i.e. 3/4). 

I quite enjoyed it - particularly the baddie.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 04:09:27 PM »

Watched the trailer of this today, it didn't look too bad at all, but you know how it is with trailers. Anybody know enough about this film to give a comparison to some of the better SW's?
Today We Kill...Tomorrow We Die (Today It''s Me, Tomorrow It''s You)(1968)

Today was sort of a Magnificent Seven story minus a couple of guys. The ending was enjoyable but I thought a little too much time was spent on the build-up and it dragged. Highlights included an appearance by Bud Spencer (from the Trinity movies) and a great over-the-top performance by Tatsuya Nakadai (from Kurosawa movies) as a particularly cool villain. The finale in the forest was a bit of an unusual location for a spag. and gave the film some added interest. I''d give this one 5.5 of 10.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 10:56:30 PM »

Today We Kill...Tomorrow We Die (Today It''s Me, Tomorrow It''s You)(1968)

Today was sort of a Magnificent Seven story minus a couple of guys. The ending was enjoyable but I thought a little too much time was spent on the build-up and it dragged. Highlights included an appearance by Bud Spencer (from the Trinity movies) and a great over-the-top performance by Tatsuya Nakadai (from Kurosawa movies) as a particularly cool villain. The finale in the forest was a bit of an unusual location for a spag. and gave the film some added interest. I''d give this one 5.5 of 10.

Agree with the above. Takes a looooooong time to get going. I like the ex-sheriff with that strange shotgun like rifle.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 03:22:13 PM »

Nakadai is playing a mexican bandit here. It's another of those MAG 7/THE PROFESSIONALS clones that were being done at the time. It's only average to me. Good cast though. Bret Halsey plays a very DJANGO-like character minus the coffin and big gun.

manuel
Road Apple

They had a lot of weapons mister.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 09:38:48 PM »

This is one of my favorite Spaghetti Westerns. The autumal locale is a breath of fresh air in my opinion. I especially enjoy the dirty dozen formula in this film. A gang of killers with different areas of specialty is always enjoyable. 5/5 for me.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM