Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 03:14:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Once Upon a time in the west (sequel) all of it now sorry for delay
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Once Upon a time in the west (sequel) all of it now sorry for delay  (Read 4807 times)
franksgrandson
Gunslinger

just the man

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2006, 05:54:44 PM »

many years ago as I was sitting an English exam we were asked to pen a sequel to a favourite movie just for fun and of course I thought over the Leone films, at the time I did nothing finally writing somthing about the Eagle has Landed, but the thought has always nagged me and it aways seemed to me that West is the only Leone film that a sequel could come to frutition although it would have to be done quick.

THE THOUGHT.

Sweetwater as a thriving town run by Jill who is almost reclusive.
It starts with Jill in bed years have aged her and she is ill, sitting with her is her daughter and now death is knocking on her door she tells the girl she is Harmonica,s daughter, he had come back once to see her.
She tells of her love of both Cheyenne and Harmonica and the story of why this came about, but then she tells of her Rape by Frank and how she had born a son to him and how she cursed the son of a bitch as she dug Franks shallow grave out the back of the ranch house.
The Child Jill had she placed in an oprhanage run by priests and Jills daughter had always to be careful of all men.

Old type Prison a young man with scars all over his back pulls on his shirt after a guard tells him he is to be released that day his back is scared by whip marks, looking over to his cell mate an old man he nods, "You say you rode with my father and that he died at a place called Sweetwater.
The old thug coughs badly nodding he took a bullet on the Morton train in the shoot out with Cheyennes gang but survived. "Frank the man you lookin for aint got no name but plays a damm Harmonica he's like death himself with a pistol but hell that was years ago you want revenge on the bastard he won't be so fast no more nor that half breed Cheyenne.

If you want more of what I thought for a sequel let me know

Franksgrandson 

Once Franks son is out of Jail we see him in his real light  the evil of the man has gone on to his son who is a sadistic sex killer and wastes no time in gunning down a few saddle tramps in El Paso and murdering a whore in an upstairs room of a saloon he is the start of the American serial killer.
In El Paso he hears news of Cheyennes death and the real bad news of Harmonicas passing and the soon to be burial at Sweetwater.
Franks son will make his way to sweetwater in a ramage of Killing.

Jill is almost at the end of her life when she hears of Harmonicas death from a very old Sam who tells her that Harmonica left papers saying he wanted to be buried on the Hill above Sweetwater next to the place he buried Cheyenne near the woman he loved

At the burial attended by only Jill and Sam the daughter being at finishing school in San Fransisco Franks son appears he guns down Sam kicking the old mans body into the hole Harmonicas coffin has been placed, in a murderous rage he confronts his mother.

more later dinner is ready
dinner tonight was a vegtable stew in a wooden bowl that I ate with a toothpick while discussing lumps of gold that could be hidden in my property afterwards the wife asked me if I wanted to throw her across the table?

Anyway

Franks son attacks Jill by the grave and leaves her for dead and it is at this point that the real secret of Sweetwater becomes apparent on the side of the grave where Sams body has scrapped away the earth as a huge streak of gold its like Harmonica knew this was the place to be buried and has only given the secret to Jill at the point of dyin.

Jill dies after leaving a note for daughter who comes back to find that Sweetwater is now being run by Franks son and already feels like the town from hell with killings rapes ect
before Jill passed away she closed the grave as well as she could and telegrammed the news of Franks son and the secret of the grave.

Jills daughter gets captured buy Franks sons men and a brutal beating and  rape takes place which she only survives by luck she drags herself away and the whores from the saloon get her out of town back to Flagstaff where the wood merchant looks after her .
As she gets better she starts to learn how to shoot revenge deep in her heart.
Her first act is to slip back into Sweetwater at the dead of night and dig up the bones of Frank and place them at the well (clothes hat ect on) but the most importaint thing she keeps for herself the Harmonica.
And its the sound of that that wakes Franks son who is sleeping next to a strangled whore in the house, its like a dream that noise to him he knows its not real just the stories he had been told of his fathers time in his battle with Harmonica.
The next morning going out front of the ranch he sees the bones of his father sitting at the well and he starts to understand that the Harmonica he heard in the night was not just a bad dream
The daughter takes her first direct action in the Saloon in Flagstaff where the Sweetwater Auction took place gunning down three of Franks sons men.
One she lets live and tells him to tell Frank that Jill Mcbain is back to get him.
Franks son is livid with rage he knows he Killed his mother so no Jill Mcbain exisits he has no knowledge of having a sister.
He sends more men to flagstaff to find the woman and Kill her this leads to a big gun battle in Flagstaff where Jills daughter is helped for the 1st time by the Navaho indians who take her back to the caves after the shootout that has her wounded.
The indians tell Jills Daughter that Franks son has found out that she was the woman the whores of sweetwater helped and he is killing them one by one to draw her out.
Jills daughter is drawn back to Sweetwater where a furious gunbattle takes place between franks son and his men and the indians that are helping her.
its a close run thing and for the first time Franks son and Jill face each other he thinks its Jill they look so much alike even though this woman is much younger.
Jill has to flee the odds are two much
Frank and the last ten of his men give chase into the desert where another shoot out takes place at the inn in monument valley the bartender and a couple of others there help Jills daughter but all die with only her escaping, the place burns to the ground leaving Franks son thinking that his little problem in no longer a problem.
Jill rests up a while then sends word to Franks son to meet her at the cattlecorner railroad station.
The end of the sequel should be a react of the cattlecorner shootout but this time Franksson turns up with two henchmen waits for the train and then the shootout which she wins and instead of getting shot she walks over to the dying Frank and places the harmonica in his mouth telling him that as she is Jill and Harmonicas daughter she will make sure that both he and his bastard father will never be laid to rest at sweetwater.
End of movie sees Jills daughter moving her mothers coffin into the space between Cheyenne and Harmonica, she sees the gold and understands what has been left to her but she covers it over knowing that a gold find at sweetwater would just bring her more evilmen.

Well thats the basic idea needs a lot of work on dialogue and continuity. I have a pretty strong idea over who should be in this and a director what do you think I would like opinions and feedback   

« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 06:41:09 PM by franksgrandson » Logged

MORTON ONCE TOLD ME I COULD NEVER BE LIKE HIM, NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 09:44:25 PM »

not bad at all keep going.....

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
buff64
Chicken Thief

you brought two too many

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 02:20:32 AM »

very,very good!i want to hear more of your story.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 07:56:49 PM »

A year ago on the OUATITW boards at www.imdb.com, me and a guy called manwithnoname66 made up a OUATITW sequel. In our version, Harmonica returns to Sweetwater years later. Jill is still in charge of the place but she's having a hard time holding onto it now that her son has his own gang. Her son is a rotten apple, mainly because it's Frank's son ( As a result of Jill and Frank's bedroom scene ). Frank's son has heard that the man who killed his father is back in town and he goes to greet him. When the two meet, Frank's son is wearing the infamous harmonica around his neck.

We never got much further into it. Anyone here have any good ideas?

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 11:41:24 AM »

and the director would be Tarantino?

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 03:45:47 AM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
franksgrandson
Gunslinger

just the man

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 04:46:37 PM »

No Tanentino for any fantasy sequal
but if Morricone passed on the music
then I would like Badelt on the score
I wonder at times if we are ever going to get
another spag.
I still think GBU would be the best remake
I do not want west touched