Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 10, 2022, 01:30:59 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  GBU book update . . .
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: GBU book update . . .  ( 16105 )
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #15 : May 25, 2006, 07:22:17 PM »

Dont be, I didnt see the bottle either until you mentioned it.

When will this book be done? Is it nearing completion?

Hanley
Bandido

I'm a llama!

« #16 : May 28, 2006, 09:03:52 AM »

When will this book be done? Is it nearing completion?

I am in Rome now! I just went to the Sergio Leone photo exhibition - nothing really new. For example, the photos which Prof. Frayling used in his books were there, and perhaps in total about 80 photos were displayed along with a couple of videos showing clips of films and stills. I wanted to tidy up a few loose ends here (in Rome) and then concentrate on getting the book (images/text) formatted in Adobe Pagemaker. I hope things will happen quickly . . .

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

« #17 : August 19, 2007, 07:42:59 AM »

Any news Hanley?

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

« #18 : August 27, 2007, 09:39:35 PM »

Please tell me that this project isn't dead? I'd pay quite a bit for this book.....

Le Bon
Bounty Killer

You'd better be Bill Carson

« #19 : August 28, 2007, 10:30:48 AM »

No don't worry it's not dead. I was in touch with Peter recently and as is often the case with these kind of things they take longer than originally envisaged.

Clinton
Bandido

« #20 : August 31, 2007, 05:27:20 AM »

Please tell me that this project isn't dead? I'd pay quite a bit for this book.....

Le Bon is right. The book will certainly happen. I now work in Muenster but my wife and 2 kids (2 +4) are still in Marburg which means ++travelling every weekend. I hope to take some time out in the near future and propel the book along. Alberto Grimaldi kindly agreed to write a foreword and I'm still tying up small loose ends. The bulk of the work is finished. It would be nice, though, to include images of Grotte di Salone and the allusive cut night scene location before the project is tied off . . .
Cheers,
Peter (Clinton = Hanley)

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #21 : August 31, 2007, 11:11:48 AM »

good news O0

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

« #22 : December 09, 2007, 04:55:04 PM »

Bump for any updates???? Would it help to get the project going if you could collect a bunch of board member names who intend to buy the book? (like all of us :)

Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

« #23 : October 14, 2008, 04:45:19 PM »

has this project been scrapped or?

Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

« #24 : October 14, 2008, 10:17:15 PM »

I have a few suggestions (if you haven't already tried to follow up on these ideas already).  Have you ever attempted to interview Clint or Eli about their 'adventures' on the set of the movie and what not??    If not, perhaps you can contacting their agents and see if something can be arranged.  I know this sounds pretty far-fetched, but no harm in trying, right?  How about Aldo Giuffre (the drunk captain)?  Perhaps an interview with him and even some of the members of the band at the prison camp can be arranged?  Just a few wild suggestions that popped into my head here - LOL.   

I wish I could have gone to that SL exhibition - geeez - sounds to me like it would have been a great trip and an interesting event to go to!

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines