Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 29, 2024, 09:19:26 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Obscure/Less known SW's that you liked
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3 4
: Obscure/Less known SW's that you liked  ( 19478 )
Poggle
Bounty Killer

« : February 19, 2006, 01:46:57 PM »

Which means no Corbuccis, no Sollimas, Valerii's, etc. :P Basically none that would be on the Shobary site.

The only one that never gets many mentions that I saw was Vengeance which I thought was amazing as hell. One of the greatest SW's I've ever seen. The only thing I didn't like was the acting, but other than that everything was perfect. The directing, the locations, story, etc. I like how everything was long and drawn out, like fights and flashbacks and all, but one thing that I enjoyed, which I also enjoy in the two Corbucci's I've seen, is the feeling of loneliness and the lack of the "mainstream appeal" obviously because of the budget. It's like an epic Great Silence or Django.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #1 : February 19, 2006, 04:39:29 PM »

Could you please post the IMDB link to the movie?

Poggle
Bounty Killer

« #2 : February 20, 2006, 08:49:24 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063159/

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #3 : February 21, 2006, 05:40:47 AM »

"Play With God You're Dead" The Italian translation?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #4 : February 21, 2006, 12:56:03 PM »

Invoke God...and die.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #5 : February 21, 2006, 04:57:47 PM »

Thanks titoli.  :)

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Blueberry
Gunslinger

I've been to Sugar Town and I shook the sugar down

« #6 : February 23, 2006, 05:51:36 AM »

Requiescant - Kill an Pray!

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #7 : February 24, 2006, 07:08:07 AM »

The only one that never gets many mentions that I saw was Vengeance
www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=2596.0

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #8 : March 21, 2006, 12:39:23 AM »

"A bullet for sandoval" is pretty damn good. The hatred in that movie is rather disturbing too.

"Jonathan of the bears " is also a good view.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #9 : March 21, 2006, 06:15:17 AM »

"A bullet for sandoval" is pretty damn good. The hatred in that movie is rather disturbing too.
Its the only movie where i couldn't warm to George Hiltons character but a solid effort all the same.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #10 : March 21, 2006, 09:40:57 AM »

Its the only movie where i couldn't warm to George Hiltons character but a solid effort all the same.

We'll thats good Banjo, that was the intention. at first you agree with Hiltons murderous antics becuase of what has happened to him. when he drowns the saloon keeper in the bucket of milk, you are on his side becuase of the nasty treatment the guy gave him earlier. through the course of the movie Hilton becomes worse and worse though. then you begin to feel less welcoming of his constant revenge murder, because he becomes just as bad(or worse) as those who have treated him badly. By the end of the film, you are not quite sure who the hero or who the villian is. It is brilliantly executed film. I must get a widescreen copy as soon as I can.

Tim

« #11 : March 21, 2006, 03:13:07 PM »

I don't know if it qualifies because I think the movie got some American backing, but I'll go with The Deserter.  It has a great cast, good score kinda a jazzy 70s score, and plenty of action.   A Dirty Dozen like story with a squad of soldiers trying to prevent an Apache attack.

Just look at the cast listing, its what made me want to pick this one up.  Bekim Fehmiu, Richard Crenna, John Huston, Chuck Connors, Ricardo Montalban, Slim Pickens, Woody Strode, Ian Bannen, Branden de Wilde, Albert Salmi, and Patrick Wayne.

Definitely a movie that would benefit from a widescreen DVD.  Excellent use of Almeria with several recognizable locales.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #12 : March 21, 2006, 06:14:10 PM »

Just look at the cast listing, its what made me want to pick this one up.  Bekim Fehmiu, Richard Crenna, John Huston, Chuck Connors, Ricardo Montalban, Slim Pickens,

slim pickens in a spaghetti western!!!!
never thought Id see the day...

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #13 : March 23, 2006, 06:19:03 AM »

I don't know if it qualifies because I think the movie got some American backing, but I'll go with The Deserter.  It has a great cast, good score kinda a jazzy 70s score, and plenty of action.   A Dirty Dozen like story with a squad of soldiers trying to prevent an Apache attack.

Just look at the cast listing, its what made me want to pick this one up.  Bekim Fehmiu, Richard Crenna, John Huston, Chuck Connors, Ricardo Montalban, Slim Pickens, Woody Strode, Ian Bannen, Branden de Wilde, Albert Salmi, and Patrick Wayne.

Definitely a movie that would benefit from a widescreen DVD.  Excellent use of Almeria with several recognizable locales.

That sounds excellent  :o

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

« #14 : March 23, 2006, 09:57:35 AM »

This is for Firecracker- you may already know but BULLET FOR SANDOVAL is available widescreen from VCI who also put out ANY GUN CAN PLAY, FIND A PLACE TO DIE, TODAY WE KILL, TOMORROW WE DIE and THE STRANGERS GUNDOWN(DJANGO THE BASTARD). Supposedly the DVD of BUULET FOR SANDOVAL is missing some 15 or 20 minutes. Don't know if that's true or not. The box does erroneously mention that Lucio Fulci co-directed the film.

: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines