Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 07:40:44 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Re-run of ITV4 Spaghetti Western season
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re-run of ITV4 Spaghetti Western season  (Read 3838 times)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2006, 06:12:12 AM »

I hope i not jumping to conclusions here but i notice in next weeks TV guide that ITV4 are showing Django(together with Alex Cox intro) again on Monday 27th February.This was the first western screened in the November/December  sw season last year and it could be good news for anyone who missed out on any of the nine sw's shown in total.
Lets keep our fingers crossed-especially as i've now got a DVD recorder this time round!!!

« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 09:11:50 AM by banjo » Logged
Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 12:07:47 PM »

Well that's great news...i missed this the first time so i have another chance to see it. Hope the others follow on too.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 08:17:20 AM »

Are they not having a Clint Eastwood season soon too? Wonder if they'll be showing the dollars trilogy with Cox intro?

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 08:42:19 AM »

They're already been showing the Clint Eastwood season on Friday nights and last night they screened Unforgiven(twice) .There hasn't been any Cox intros so far.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 05:45:16 AM »

Just picked up next weeks TV Guide and sure enough ITV4 are re-showing not only Django Kill next Monday 6th March but also Big Showdown on Wednesday 8th March and i'm pleased to be able to record 2 more sw's (after Django last night)onto a dvd having previously only having these on tape.
BTW about Django last night-i can't get  over how stunning a picture this widescreen version is(despite the large amount of print damage) and the look of the mud covered town looks beautifully bleak.I've heard a lot of criticism aimed at the camera work but to my eyes the movie looks great.Interestingly i picked up the SE dvds of Monty Pythons Life of Brian and Holy Grail movies and i've learnt from the Python team audio commentaries that these  were filmed in a very unorthodox way using handheld cameras but in both cases the movies look nontheless visually impressive .
My next DVD purchase will be Viva Django and i'm looking forward to seeing Terence Hill fill Nero's shoes!

Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 05:38:54 PM »

Saw the Eastwood trailer  last night and they only mentioned Magnum Force, Unforgiven and True crime. There is a early Lee Van Cleef movie showing on thursday at 3.45 POSSE FROM HELL '61. The star is Audie Murphy and John Saxon is also in it. Should be worth a look!

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 09:16:24 AM »

OK just got next weeks TV guide and next Monday 13th March ITV4 is showing again Bullet For The General and two days later on the Wednesday 15th March Texas Adios.
I've just been editing out all trace of commercial breaks from last nights Django Kill-wonderful things these DVD recorders! 

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 04:41:57 AM »

I flicked forward a week this morning with my Sky remote control and i see They Call Me Trinity is being shown on itv4 next Saturday 18th March.By some fluke this is the only sw in a season of nine i already have on DVD but i'll still record it to disc because its a better print though a little shorter than my Danish On-Air-Video version.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 08:15:07 AM »

two days later on the Wednesday 15th March Texas Adios.
Due to the football match this was postponed last night but i've checked the on screen Sky TV guide and ITV4 will be reshowing this next Wednesday 22nd March at 11pm.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 06:41:40 AM »

Just when i'd thought ITV4 weren't going to bother re-showing the final 3 in the sw re-run i see from todays TV guide that Keoma is on again at 11.00pm on the 4th April-lets hope it won't get disturbed by the earlier football match on the same channel!
Just My Name Is Nobody and Vengeance to go-we'll have to start getting on ITV4's and Alex Cox's backs for some more!

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 11:13:42 AM »

Just when i'd thought ITV4 weren't going to bother re-showing the final 3 in the sw re-run i see from todays TV guide that Keoma is on again at 11.00pm on the 4th April-lets hope it won't get disturbed by the earlier football match on the same channel!
Just My Name Is Nobody and Vengeance to go-we'll have to start getting on ITV4's and Alex Cox's backs for some more!

"vengeance" is worth a look.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 09:44:14 AM »

"vengeance" is worth a look.
And Vengeance is being reshown at 11pm tommorow night on itv4!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM