Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 12:32:23 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Cinematographer Tonino Delli Colli, dies aged 81
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Cinematographer Tonino Delli Colli, dies aged 81  ( 6305 )
ectasyofgold
Road Apple

Don't talk.........SHOOT !!!!

« : August 18, 2005, 03:45:41 PM »

Very sad news....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4163672.stm

Cinematographer Tonino Delli Colli, who worked on some of Italy's most famous films, has died at the age of 81.
Rome-born Delli Colli shot more than 130 movies, including such "spaghetti westerns" as The Good the Bad and the Ugly and Once Upon a Time in the West.

He worked regularly with directors such as Sergio Leone, Federico Fellini, Roman Polanski and Pier Paolo Pasolini.

Delli Colli ended his career on a high in 1997 as director of photography on the Oscar-winning Life is Beautiful.

He was found dead in his Rome apartment on Wednesday morning, his niece Laura said on Thursday.

"He was one of those people who loved the set - it was his real family," she said.

'Colours and contrasts'

His funeral will be held on Friday at Santa Maria dei Miracoli in Rome's Piazza del Popolo.

Delli Colli began working at the city's famous Cinecitta studios in his teens, making his first film - Finalmente Si - in 1943.

He shot Italy's first colour movie, Toto a Colori, in 1952, and won four David di Donatello awards - the country's version of the Oscars.

"You must know the sun and the sea, the colours and the contrasts," he once said of his trade. "We Italians are masters of this."

He is survived by his son Stefano.

ectasyofgold
Road Apple

Don't talk.........SHOOT !!!!

« #1 : August 18, 2005, 04:32:09 PM »

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #2 : August 18, 2005, 06:07:12 PM »

a sad day

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

« #3 : August 19, 2005, 05:11:31 AM »

RIP

Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

« #4 : August 19, 2005, 09:20:52 AM »

That is sad news. He was almost Leone's most important collaborator behind the camera, arguably second only to Morricone. A real master of the widescreen frame.

He did have a remarkable career, however, and seems to have had a wonderful life. I am playing my ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST soundtrack in his honour, and will run one of his films as soon as possible. We'll always have those.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #5 : August 19, 2005, 12:56:05 PM »

RIP, a very sad piece of news and a great loss to cinephiles and the industry, but his work will live on in the greatest art form in the world  that is cinema.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Christopher

« #6 : August 19, 2005, 01:13:00 PM »

This is sad. He had a long and very influential career.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #7 : August 19, 2005, 03:36:00 PM »

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday nights with Groggy
KERMIT

« #8 : August 22, 2005, 06:25:54 AM »

NIGHTEAGLE's  interview of delli colli's rememberances
help a little. many of us never live to achieve what
this wonderful man did. let's be glad we've got his work on film. 

personally, i do not feel anyone can ever come this close again.  pretenders will pop up as usual.  noone
can replace tonino. what are we to do ? we've lost
many. we must be strong. i will never forget how
tonino delli colli shaped my life. 

Alan Shearer 9
Bandido

« #9 : August 27, 2005, 07:53:32 AM »

RIP, thanks for your collaborations

DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

« #10 : September 17, 2005, 12:54:31 PM »

ive been away for a while guys and though its not place to announce my return on such a sombre issue, i think it would sho neglect for me not to comment on the late, great Tonino Delli Colli.

Ive always maintained, though some vehemently disagree, that the primary genius in Leone's Westerns, was Leone himself, but that his direction was reliant on certain other contributors to work. I mean, without Morricone's music, or Delli Colli's cinematography, and to a lesser extent, Clint's acting, would his films had such resonance? I would say not.

Delli Colli had the talent to bring Leone's vision into being, and he was a great cinematographer and will be sorely missed. He also showed, on the OUATITW docs that he is also a funny man.

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
archangel
Gunslinger

« #11 : March 11, 2006, 08:30:49 AM »

a great loss to film. we're loosing them all, sooner or later. Clint's mid 70s, Eli's 90 and the great Ennio must be 80!! we are loosing them all. The world will NOT be a better place. They are irreplacable.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines