Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 06:44:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  the trio - versions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: the trio - versions  (Read 1606 times)
archangel
Gunslinger

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2006, 09:20:53 AM »

there are two main versions of this that i have studied. the most common one is the same as one GBU Special Edition. in this one, the trumpet drops out when the bolero rhythm starts - around the time the visual cutting speeds up. the other version has the solo trumpet continuing on top of the bolero. it think this was on a very early LP i bought in the 70s. it might have been a re recording or an alternate take, or most probably a different mix with the same backing. visually, it works better sans the trumpet. musically (sans visual) the extra trumpet is important, other wise you've got just a backing track. also i had an LP with  FOD and FAFDM
on it. tape noise was evident, but the quality was a lot better than that of the film's soundtrack. (generally always was).
BTW, whilst some of the gunshots are "real", some - say in "the trio" from GBU - are actually guitar amplifier effects caused by lightly hitting said amp chassis with a hammer or some such object. guitar amps can have a reverb tank inside. this works using springs. these springs are VERY sensitive to shock and can rattle explosively - like a gunshot when abused in the above fashion.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM