Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 13, 2024, 02:55:17 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  New Western Announced: Desperadoes
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: New Western Announced: Desperadoes  ( 13801 )
Guerrilla
Bandido

« #30 : March 25, 2006, 03:51:44 AM »

This news abouth "Desperadoes" loosk very good.
Of corse i wait for a Brad Pitt's film too

By the way amigos,,,one big name also shooting a western
- LIAM NEESON  will staring in  "Seraphim Falls" a story at the end of the Civil War..two soldiers "blue" and "grey" in Mexico

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #31 : April 23, 2006, 07:38:35 PM »

He almost ran for president. Could you imagine having one of america's biggest personalities, a personality that spawned countless legends, as the president of the united states? it almost seems surreal.

You know coming back to this thread I am really surprised a spaghetti western was never made with Davy Crockett as the main hero. They did a few Zorro films as part of the genre didnt they?

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #32 : April 23, 2006, 09:35:02 PM »

Davey is more "wild frontier" than western, flintlocks, sabers, Bowie knives, and hatchets/tomahawks, rather than revolvers, I suppose Zorro is in that category also.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #33 : April 23, 2006, 09:36:34 PM »

Well, if they considered Last of the Mohicans to be a western, I guess they could make one about Davey Crockett even though you're right about him being around during pre-western times.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #34 : April 23, 2006, 09:40:28 PM »

Davey is more "wild frontier" than western, flintlocks, sabers, Bowie knives, and hatchets/tomahawks, rather than revolvers, I suppose Zorro is in that category also.
yeah I know crocketts time was about 20 years before the actual "wild west" but that shouldnt stop the sw directors from making a "mountain man" movie, which could be considered a western.

Zorro(a literary character) was around the same time as davy but his books and movies were set in the south west and California. But the period in time didnt stop the sw directors from making movies about him.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines