Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 03:52:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  SW match-ups that never happened
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SW match-ups that never happened  (Read 3180 times)
mezcal
Bandido

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2006, 08:42:37 PM »

With the relatively small pool of SW actors, i was wondering what  acting teams you would have like to have seen happen.
Its a crying shame Eastwood never worked with wallach or LVC again, but actors i don't think that ever worked together that i would have liked to seen are:

Terence hill and Lee van Cleef

any other 'match-ups' that you wish had happend?

ps i know LVC worked with bud spencer in beyond the law, kind of.....as bud's role isn't the biggest

« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 09:20:57 AM by Banjo » Logged
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 09:24:01 PM »

A Django meets Sartana movie with the original actors(Franco Nero and Gianni Garko) would have been pretty kick ass.

Also it would have been nice to see the backstory between Tuco and Angel eyes.Lee van cleef and Eli wallach together in their own film would have been a hell of  a  movie, only if leone directed of course.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 10:59:24 PM »

how about lee van cleef and franco nero

franco nero and clint eastwood

i always thought the best trio after the gbu three would have been a nero, milian, volonte venture

jack palance and klaus kinski would have been fantastic

kinski and coburn

« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 11:02:24 PM by grandpa_chum » Logged

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 12:08:00 AM »

Oh wait! I got it!

Eli wallach and Tomas milian.

A bandit movie!!!

no tall dark silent type(franco, lee, clint, gianni, steffen) just two good old mexican bandits.

It would probably be a comedy(not a slapstick though).

Tim
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 03:19:19 PM »

This isn't a spaghetti western teaming, but I would have liked to see a movie with Steve McQueen and Clint Eastwood.  The two of them would have been quite the kick-a** combo if you ask me.

For that matter, I would have been interested to see Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid if McQueen had got the role of Sundance.  I like the movie as it is, but I think Paul Newman and McQueen would have been amazing together in a movie like that.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 05:38:11 PM »

Yea that teaming of Newman & McQueen would have been intriguing.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 02:19:49 AM »

eastwood and mcqueen? Tim you must have been reading my diary... that sounds really gay, but who cares it's CLINT AND STEVE!... can you say my cinematic fantasy... I've always dreamed of a Dirty Harry chasing after a Doc McCoy... I doubt anyone could argue that the ultimate crime film would have Clint as the hard cop Chasing Steve as the cool outlaw.

anyway back to being slightly on topic Wallach and Milian in a bandit movie would have been fantastic... and of the films I've yet to see I have to say I really look forward to the volonte, berger, milian trio in Face to Face.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 09:50:33 AM »

I'd like to see one with all the great characters in one big extravaganza-Nero as Django, Lee Van Cleef and Gianni Garko as Sabata and Sartana respectively(these two would make a great duo what with Van Cleef's assured menace and Garko's magician gunslinger schtick), Guiliano Gemma as Ringo(or any number of his character roles) Milian as Cuchillo, along with the Blindman and Zorro(I think there was a Django vs. Zorro movie but not sure). It could be a MAGNIFICENT SEVEN style movie and Kinski, Luigi Pistilli and Fernando Sancho could be the villains.

Tim
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 12:02:50 AM »

grandpa chum, I can totally see a match-up between McQueen and Eastwood like you mentioned.  I can see it like the movie "Heat" with Al Pacino and Robert Deniro doing battle.

I can't decide who would win the duel between those two tough guys.  A match-up for the ages I guess.  Maybe this calls for a poll, lol.

indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 08:11:09 AM »

errr   wallach and millian were in a western together directed by corbucci and its awful!
i would like to see millian and nero in more movies together than just compeneros i thought they were great.

That could just be cannon fire.
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2006, 11:33:19 AM »

errr   wallach and millian were in a western together directed by corbucci and its awful!
i would like to see millian and nero in more movies together than just compeneros i thought they were great.

Thats right..."samurai" or "the white the yellow and the black". I forgot about that.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM