Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 17, 2018, 12:37:59 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Navajo Joe (1966)
0 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
: Navajo Joe (1966)  ( 41026 )
Christopher

« #45 : February 10, 2006, 11:23:35 AM »

I found a cheap set at Wal-Mart yesterday called the Wild West Box that has Navajo Joe in it. The other movies it has are Eagle's Wing, A Town Called Hell, and Pancho Villa. I think those other three might be American westerns but I'm not sure. I have a decent number of westerns to catch up on, but I'm looking forward to this one.

boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

Do you think I'm just..anyone? DO you?

« #46 : February 10, 2006, 12:05:50 PM »

Navajo Joe is one of the top 20 SW ever. I don't think you shoulda given away the ending...though.áá :-X
A **SPOILER** warning would've been nice.

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
Christopher

« #47 : February 15, 2006, 04:43:59 PM »

I watched Navajo Joe the other night and I enjoyed it too. I do like what I've seen of Corbucci's work.

Poggle
Bounty Killer

« #48 : February 16, 2006, 04:31:40 PM »

Would you say that one who has seen and immensely enjoyed Django more than most reviewers would most likely enjoy this?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #49 : February 16, 2006, 04:54:24 PM »

Would you say that one who has seen and immensely enjoyed Django more than most reviewers would most likely enjoy this?

Oh yea if you like Django better than Companeros or The Mercenary you'll love this.á ;D

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #50 : April 11, 2006, 12:53:16 AM »

Oh yea if you like Django better than Companeros or The Mercenary you'll love this.á ;D

yeah its like a lesser Django. and it doesnt deserve all the bad rap. it is excellent.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

« #51 : April 11, 2006, 02:04:38 AM »

ACHTUNG:á SPOILER !!!! SPOILER!!!SPOILER!!!!

3) I don't like the way Reynolds dies. As an idiot. I was ready to bet that he would be shot by the man he hits with a stone.

á á

I have to disagree... well not really... it would have been nice if he had made a smarter decision, but I do think the dumb slip up was worth the **SPOILER** diving tomahawk throw, I mean it's so out of left field and surprising and happens so fast, it's the single greatest kill in cinema history as far as I'm concerned.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #52 : April 11, 2006, 02:15:56 AM »

Humm, bah, grr...
Grandpa's putting Keoma before "both" Gi¨ la testa and FFDM just doesn't stand to reason (at least mine).

sorry Granpa chum...I have to agree with Titoli on this one.
your ranking makes little to no sense at all to me.
but hey...it takes all kinds of people right?

mezcal
Bandido

« #53 : June 03, 2006, 02:02:03 PM »

After immensely enjoying hellbenders and great silence, i've been trying to track down more corbucci's (in north america).
WHY can't i find a copy of navaho joe anywhere, not even a crappy wal mart version. I would have thought that someone would release it just because it has Burt reynolds in it.
Don't know when anchor bay's copy of hellbenders is coming out but i'd like to buy a good version of NJ. It has some excellent reviews but i hear BR hates it (why?), so i doubt we'll have his commnetary on a new release

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #54 : June 03, 2006, 02:41:51 PM »

As Sundance has said, the Japanese R2 dvd is out of print. you will have to check Ebay for a copy for under 20 dollars which isnt bad at all.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #55 : June 03, 2006, 03:19:55 PM »

i hear BR hates it (why?)

We discussed the matter some time ago and, yes, BR hates it, though I wondered how many movies he was in that are better than that.

Christopher

« #56 : June 03, 2006, 03:50:04 PM »

I found a copy of Navajo Joe with three other westerns at Wal-Mart some time back. It's called the Wild West Box, and the other three movies are Pacho Villa, A Town Called Hell and Eagle's Wing.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

« #57 : June 04, 2006, 10:43:48 PM »

I have an uncut dvd recorded from TCM. It runs 107 minutes. I got it from Eurotrashcinema.com for $15. In a book I have it mentions Burts disdain for NJ but now over the years apparently, he doesn't hate it so much.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #58 : June 05, 2006, 02:26:36 AM »

Its very easy to be self critical about ones own work.I met Al Stewart backstage a few years ago-you may know him for Year Of The Catá and Time Passages both of which get alot of radio play-and he absolutely slaughtered his own back catalogue but thousands would disagree!
Maybe Reynolds was being modest? ::)

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #59 : June 05, 2006, 06:39:00 AM »

but now over the years apparently, he doesn't hate it so much.

You read\heard this where?

: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines