Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2018, 12:40:45 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Leone Screenings at the NFT (UK) In May
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3 4
: Leone Screenings at the NFT (UK) In May  ( 18441 )
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« : March 23, 2006, 06:05:34 AM »

Just got my NFT guide through the post and it seems in May that they have a Western season (which looks excellent) and in that season two of Leone's films are being presented.

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly + Eli Wallach In Conversation

Sat 27th May 15:00

As part of our season of Classic Westerns we are delighted to be able to welcome Eli Wallach to the NFT for an on-stage interview. Since his debut screen performance in Elia Kazan's Baby Doll in 1956 (for which he was awarded a BAFTA for most promising newcomer) he has become one of Hollywoo's most recognisable and accomplished actors. Prior to this interview we well screen Sergio Leone's classic The Good, The Bad And The Ugly (Il Bouno, Il Bruto, Il Cativo) which features one of Wallach's most memorable roles, the lying, two faced, bandit Tuco.

And...

Once Upon A Time In The West

Mon 1 May 19:50 NFT 1; Wed 10 May 17:50 NFT 1; Sun 28 May 20:10 NFT 1

Leone's epic western was much mutilated when originally shown, but can now be seen in something like the form its director intended. Essentially it's a tale of murder, greed and revenge, and the survival of its heroine, the indomitable Jill Mcbain (Claudia Cardinale). Henry Fonda is striking as the evil killer Frank, in a film of great stylistic bravura and no little thematic complexity. Don't miss the brilliant opening sequence, a pastiche of High Noon.

More info can be found here: http://www.bfi.org.uk/incinemas/nft/

This was welcome news. First I have my MST3K all nighter where I get to meet one of my heroes and now I get to see Eli and West in the cinema. I suggest that all those from the forum that can attend should meet p before hand at the bar for a drink and a chat  :)

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
roberti
Bandido

Jamais personne ne t'aimera comme je t'aime

« #1 : March 23, 2006, 08:32:22 AM »

That is great. I'll definitely be there. Do we have to book something?

Ton nombril est une belle coupe arrondie ou jamais le vin ne manque, ton ventre est une vallee de ble entouree de lys, tes seins sont des grappes de raisin mur, ta bouche a la douceur de la pomme.
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

« #2 : March 23, 2006, 08:36:52 AM »

You can book tickets online. Should be later on this month as they haven't got the info up on their site yet. I'm an BFI member so I get first dibbs lol.  ;D

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #3 : March 23, 2006, 03:43:08 PM »

I wish I could go.  :'( Although, I was fortunate enough to see both films at the cinema in Manhattan. I saw GBU with restored deleted scenes and surround sound at the Film Forum in Manahattan a few years back. Film Forum has small seats and a small screen which was the only bad part. OUATITW I saw at the Brooklyn Academy of Music Rose Cinemas in Brooklyn with my father who's also a huge Leone fan. The Rose Cinemas was beautiful and had the perfect atmosphere to watch a truely epic film. There were marble steps, huge seats, the theater had a 40's nostalgic feel to it, and best of all the screen was HUGE! The perfect screen to see Bronson's eyes staring at you.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

« #4 : March 23, 2006, 03:48:47 PM »

I would prefer to see the films in Manhatten to be honest  :). Could you give me the address for The Rose Cinema. I'm hoping to visit NY again this summer for a week and I would like to check that out, it sounds like my kind of cinema.  ;D

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #5 : March 23, 2006, 05:28:40 PM »

Certainly. It shows modern day films as well as old ones. Here's the address:

BAM Rose Cinemas
30 Lafayette Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11217 
(718) 636-4100
Directions: 2, 3; 4, 5, B, D, Q at Atlantic Ave; M; N, R at Pacific St; G at Fulton St; LIRR at Flatbush Ave
Admission: Adult $10; senior $6; child $6

...and here's thier website: http://www.bam.org/events/film.aspx?sDate=3/23/2006&sRange=Week&sEvent=Film

If the website doesn't have all the info. you need then go here:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=BAM+Rose+Cinemas

Check it out when you're here. Many people will say the neighborhood is bad but I was down there and it's actually very decent...don't know about nighttime though. Hope this helps!

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

« #6 : March 23, 2006, 05:57:52 PM »

thanks muchly  :)

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #7 : March 23, 2006, 09:25:11 PM »

Damn shame I cant go. sometimes I think I will die before I get to see a leone film on the big screen. :'(

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Jack of Hearts
Road Apple

« #8 : March 30, 2006, 09:00:55 AM »

The interview with Eli sounds really interesting.  i've just read his biography and he has lots of stories to tell and a gentle self-deprecating sense of humour.  Unless anything untoward occurs I'll definately be there - easy for me as I live in London.

Le Bon
Bounty Killer

You'd better be Bill Carson

« #9 : April 04, 2006, 06:52:09 AM »

It would be great to see him. Leone Admirer, do you know if they will be taking questions from the audience after the interview? I will try and book it as soon as poss and like you say perhaps meet up and have a drink beforehand.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

« #10 : April 04, 2006, 08:17:27 AM »

I think with these talks (well the ones I've been too before) its a one on one with the interviewer and the subject with a few times for questions before hand. But the guests tend to hang around the lobby or bar so you might get a chance to talk to him (thats where I've spoken to most of the guests). I'm gonna pop in tomorow to book my OUATIW screening as well as TGTBTU. Looking forward to it!

Le Bon
Bounty Killer

« #11 : April 04, 2006, 03:19:47 PM »

I went to the Frayling interview by Alex Cox during the Leone season about 7 years ago and they took questions after. I saw all the films apart from Fistful..
With the DYS screening they showed the full italian version and you had to wear headphones to hear it in english.

Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

« #12 : April 07, 2006, 06:10:34 AM »

I'll certainly try and attend the Wallach gig myself. These things are either instantly sold out, or surprisingly quiet. I saw Ernest ("Call me Ernie!") Borgnine on stage at the NFT about 4 years ago, and there were loads of empty seats.

As for the GBU print, I hope they find a better one than the version I saw in Glasgow about 10 years ago. That had huge bits missing at the reel changeover points, which occassionally caused comic effects. Also, being the standard release print, Tuco's gunshop sequence was missing completely (one of Wallach's best bits of business) and his later torture cut to just a few slaps. We'll see, I hope.

Le Bon
Bounty Killer

« #13 : April 11, 2006, 05:20:11 PM »

The Eli tickets are not on sale till the 21st April so i will have to wait for a while more till i can get them. :(

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

« #14 : April 11, 2006, 05:44:22 PM »

Just checked and I can order through post now and have to wait till 21st to buy.

« : April 11, 2006, 08:38:24 PM Leone Admirer »

: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines