Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 05:52:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Harmonica dies at Cattle Corner?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Harmonica dies at Cattle Corner?  (Read 3735 times)
Tim
« on: October 28, 2006, 07:31:40 AM »

This topic of Harmonica being some sort of avenging angel has been on my mind for awhile, but I thought of something new as I was responding to "The End" post in the OUATITW board.

At Cattle Corner for those who believe Harmonica isn't human, do you think its possible that he was killed by Frank's men?  Then afterwards, he becomes an angel of death?

I only ask because Woody Strode's shot seems to do some damage, I mean look at the spin Harmonica does when he gets shot.  And when he does wake up later and makes his sling, it seems like a few hours have passed.  So maybe he died, and this is him coming back as someone/something else.

Agree, disagree?  Other thoughts?

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 10:46:37 AM »

This topic of Harmonica being some sort of avenging angel has been on my mind for awhile, but I thought of something new as I was responding to "The End" post in the OUATITW board.

At Cattle Corner for those who believe Harmonica isn't human, do you think its possible that he was killed by Frank's men?  Then afterwards, he becomes an angel of death?

I only ask because Woody Strode's shot seems to do some damage, I mean look at the spin Harmonica does when he gets shot.  And when he does wake up later and makes his sling, it seems like a few hours have passed.  So maybe he died, and this is him coming back as someone/something else.

Agree, disagree?  Other thoughts?

I've often pondered this question myself. I believe he was already immortal before Woody blasted him with the Winchester. If he were a human before the shot, there would've been a few traces of blood on the ground or on his duster. Notice the way when Harmonica is shot, the only damage done is just a ripped/burnt hole in his jacket.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 06:23:23 PM »

Maybe Harmonica was just a Terminator sent back to kill Frank, who was the great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather of John Connor.  Grin

Saturday nights with Groggy
archangel
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 09:13:19 PM »

groggy, that answer i like.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 09:11:48 PM »

there would've been a few traces of blood on the ground or on his duster. Notice the way when Harmonica is shot, the only damage done is just a ripped/burnt hole in his jacket.

If you're going to use evidence like that to support your theory, then I could name dozens of spaghetti western characters who are avenging angels.  Roll Eyes

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 09:24:11 PM »

He just heals way too quickly for the shot he took from Woody's sawed off Winchester. Then at the Trading Post he's not showing any effects of the bullet what so ever.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 03:41:42 PM »

Still, the force of the bullet knocks him down. If he were a phantom, why wouldn't the bullet simply pass through him without effect?

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 04:46:04 PM »

I don't quite think he's a phantom, in that sense, but we are trying to define "Something to do with Death", and we don't know quite what that something is. lol.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Tim
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 05:41:31 PM »

Still, the force of the bullet knocks him down. If he were a phantom, why wouldn't the bullet simply pass through him without effect?

Wouldn't that give some credence to the idea that Woody Strode's bullet killed him?  Then later, he sits up as some sort of entity, like cigar joe said.

We don't know in what form or exactly what he is, but something very other-worldy.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 10:50:33 PM »

I think spiritual entities can make you believe anything they want you to.

Not that I think he is a supernatural. In fact that ridicuolus factor never crossed my mind once, and really holds no relevance to the plot.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 05:52:00 PM »

I think spiritual entities can make you believe anything they want you to.

Not that I think he is a supernatural. In fact that ridicuolus factor never crossed my mind once, and really holds no relevance to the plot.

I don't think he is an avenging angel, but I think he just has a supernatural aura. Because he's been "consumed by the thought of revenge" or "touched by the angel of death" or any other lame way I could put it.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 02:04:08 PM »

"touched by the angel of death"

should he file for sexual harassment?

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 02:09:34 PM »

should he file for sexual harassment?

Unless he's a woman I don't think it will get very far in court, LOL.  Grin

Saturday nights with Groggy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM